Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » General Discussion » BHCC 2001: Digital Video

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BHCC 2001: Digital Video
benson
Rookie
Member # 34

Icon 6 posted      Profile for benson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two things...

#1) Big Screen Presentation at Bensons Place.

#2) Would those who have video from 2000 be willing to lend tapes to me for transfer to VideoCD?

Scott/Steve Dykstra: Call Benson

Posts: 27 | From: burnsville | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are more then welcome to borrow my 4 hours of Digital8. Steve also would like to produce a CD for everyone containing all the pictures from the trip.

Let me know when you need the tapes.

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
benson
Rookie
Member # 34

Icon 6 posted      Profile for benson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've gained some expertise in the area of VideoCD. Straight PC Only video is easy. I've also had much success with VCD's that will work in most household DVD players.

I have yet to purchase Digital8 camcorder but plan to do so soon. Would it be possible to lend out the Camcorder + Tapes for a few days? That way I can pull everything from tape and edit content later.

If your interested, we could have a tech session of sorts. We have enough hardware at the house to keep three people busy editing video.

We could also few raw material via direct feed to my High-Def projection system during your visit?

I could pick up the tapes anytime if you have no interested in stopping over.

Posts: 27 | From: burnsville | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are talking about regular video editing equipment not PC based? Steve has a few years of experience in that type of equipment and would probably like to help out. I am good at the computer firewire editing using Premier or Ulead I can lend you my camera and any type of computer stuff (firewire or software).
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
benson
Rookie
Member # 34

My experience has been with PC Based editing via Analog source.

It would be interesting to see the difference in quality between a VideoCD created going Firewire route versus Analog.

If you can contribute some editing time via Firewire we could do a comparison.

What day do you want to do this?

Anyday works for me...

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

I am free any time this weekend. Not sure about my brother. What's best for you?
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so,

for the last two years, was there any video shot at any time, that could be purchased, or better, how about a vhs, raw video...
how much is that going to cost.

im interested in viewing this, would the people in control of the video, please let me know when this might be available, and the cost of it.

Posts: 771 | From: Farmington | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cramer - there is video of BHCC 2000 & 2001 - I can put it on a tape for you, no prob. I haven't watched all of this years yet - but I can tell you that the last section of Hal Johns video is very cool. I would like to edit something together and put it onto a VCD - which can be played in a normal DVD player. Benson is the expert on that - we just haven't hooked up yet.
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i guess that for now, i would be very happy to get a copy of raw footage, from anything that can go onto a vhs format. that would seem to me to be the easiest.
please let me know when this might be available. thanks.

Posts: 771 | From: Farmington | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005