Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » General Discussion » The Devil

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Devil
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check this out. I guess if you download the video from CNN and go frame by frame you can see this.

[This message has been edited by Klaus (edited 09-26-2001).]

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomamason
Member # 14

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Jomamason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This could just be spam-mail and I'm not claiming any validity to it but its certainly interesting and kinda fits with Klaus's above picture post.

Nostradamus warned of the FIRE IN THE SKY in the New City around 40 and 5
degrees latitude (New York is 40.5 degrees)

Nostradamus 1654 ... "on the 11 day of the 9 month that...two metal birds
would crash into two tall statues...in the new city..and the world will end
soon after" __ From the book of Nostradamus

The flights that were high jacked were from United and AA, they were
numbered as follows:
11, 93, 175, and 77
11 = Today's Date
9+3 = 12 = Tomorrow
1+7+5 = 13 = Thursday
7+7 = 14 = Friday
Hopefully this is a coincidence and the terrorists can't add. But if this is
correct there will either be acts of terrorism every day for the next few
days or a grand event the last day.

In the Bible it says... "In the City of God there will be a great thunder,
Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great
leader will succumb. The third big war will begin when the big
city is burning"

I'd like to find the Nostradamus book and see if this prediction is actually in it.

Posts: 67 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I have heard that is an internet hoax..... Nostradamus actually died in the 1500's
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomamason
Member # 14

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Jomamason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it might be crap, cause I remember a documentory about him a while back, I don't remember this prediction and I know his last prediction did deal with a nuclear war but I think the date has past (basically the details didn't match up like this).
Posts: 67 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomamason
Member # 14

Yep your right.

Nostradamus (1503-1566), I looked it up.

and his last prediction is for about 1999 and involves a Mongolian enemy???

Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 13 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chinese.

If you put an infinite number of monkeys in a room with an infinite number of typewriters, eventually one of them will type some prophesies. I've also heard that if you smoke enough opium you can hear colors.

Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what is the difference???

satan????

pokemon????

Posts: 771 | From: Farmington | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rumor Watch: Terrorist Attacks on U.S.

Part 3: Did Nostradamus Predict the Tragedy?

I have no doubt that some will seriously claim that the 16th-century prophet
Nostradamus predicted the World Trade Center and Pentagon attacks in his
writings - such claims follow virtually every modern disaster - but various
"quatrains" already being circulated under Nostradamus' name are
demonstrably bogus.

First example:

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder,
Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great
leader will succumb",
The third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

- Nostradamus 1654

Unfortunately, Nostradamus died in 1566, so it's rather unlikely he wrote
this passage in 1654. The quatrain is not to be found in his published
oeuvre. It's a hoax.

The text apparently originated on a Web page entitled "A Critical Analysis
of Nostradamus," written several years ago by a student named Neil Marshall.
Marshall made up the quatrain to demonstrate - quite ironically, in light of
how it is now being misused - that the writings of Nostradamus are so
cryptic that they can be interpreted to mean almost anything.

Two metal birds?

An interesting variant of the faux prophecy was posted in the newsgroup
soc.culture.palestine under the heading "They followed his prediction":

In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by
Chaos,while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb''The third
big war will begin when the big city is burning'- Nostradamus 1654 ...on the
11 day of the 9 month that...two metal birds would crash into two tall
statues...in the new city..and the world will end soon after" "From the
book of Nostradamus"

Again, this text cannot be found in Nostradamus' writings. It's a hoax.

Third variant, circulating by email:

Subject: Re: Nostradamus

Century 6, Quatrain 97

Two steel birds will fall from the sky on the
Metropolis. The sky will burn at forty-five degrees
latitude. Fire approaches the great new city

[New York City lies between 40-45 degrees] Immediately
a huge, scattered flame leaps up. Within months,
rivers will flow with blood. The undead will roam
earth for little time.

This is a revision of an actual verse by Nostradamus. The original is
typically translated this way:

The sky will burn at forty-five degrees latitude,
Fire approaches the great new city
Immediately a huge, scattered flame leaps up
When they want to have verification from the Normans.
Nostradamus never mentioned "two steel birds," nor did he write that "the
undead will roam the earth." New York City lies at exactly 40 degrees, 42
minutes, 51 seconds north latitude. While it isn't false to say it lies
"between 40-45 degrees," it's imprecise, misleading and an obvious ploy to
make the prophecy seem relevant.

A third big war?

Variant #4, circulating by email:

Nostradamus' prediction on WW3:

"In the year of the new century and nine months,
>From the sky will come a great King of Terror...
The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
Fire approaches the great new city..."

"In the city of york there will be a great collapse,
2 twin brothers torn apart by chaos
while the fortress falls the great leader will succumb
third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

- NOSTRADAMUS

He said this will be bigger than the previous two. 2001 is the first year of
the new century and this is the 9th month. New York is located at the 41st
degree Latitude.

In this case, a very few words actually written by Nostradamus have been
creatively enhanced by person(s) unknown. Notice the addition of a reference
to a "third big war" to the passage already circulating. Pure bunk.

Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bring back the picture of pokemon!!!!
Posts: 771 | From: Farmington | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 12 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! I just got one! Check this shit out...

"In the year of the one..." (2001)
"In the light of the evening..." (Morning?)
"The war has begun..." (uh....)
"As city receives beating..." (well...)

"On the day of eleven" (Sept 11)
"Twice will they shower" (Twice...see that?)
"Much closer to heaven" (Um...above the ground?)
"The pain from the tower" (Towers!)

-Nostredamus 1964

Any validity to this one? I hear it's circulating pretty fast..

God I hate that Nostredamus BULLSHIT. And I still haven't seen the whole devil/pokeman shit.

-Eric

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can anyone explain why a FRENCH FUCK from the
15th century, who wrote his shit in midevil
french, a language that is so far from current that no one can remotly translate it, and was vauge as shit to begin with, is
continually given an ounce of credibility???
so many people that are supposed " experts "
on this guy, disagree with each other on what was acctually said, and further what has he hit, RIGHT ON ??? ANYTHING???

Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AND,

DO NOT WASTE MY TIME WITH THE HISSLER SHIT, OK???? FUCK THAT FROG, 1 TRILLION PERCENT,
EVERY TIME!!!

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I fixed the devil picture at the top….. The guy who originally posted it has taken it down off his site because CNN and a couple other web sites have linked directly to the picture causing thousands of hits to his site. The first day it was up I saved it and have now posted it on nc.com. Sorry Cramer I don’t have the pokeman one….
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is some sick fucks idea of an internet hoax

Fw: Different Perspective on the New York Tragedy

Attached is a picture that was taken of a tourist atop the World Trade Center Tower, the first to be struck by a terrorist attack. This camera was found but the subject in the picture had not yet been located.

Makes you see things from a very different position. Please share this and find any way you can to help Americans not to be victims in the future of such cowardly attacks.

Comments: One inevitable byproduct of a disaster of the enormity of the September 11 attacks is the dissemination of sick jokes that seem to make light of human tragedy. This is one of the first clear-cut examples related to this event. The photo and accompanying text (circulating in various versions) are fake.

Join the Discussion
Rumor Watch
In the Urban Legends Forum: Report and verify the latest terror attack rumors and hoaxes here.
• Join the discussion

Related Stories
• Did Nostradamus Predict the Tragedy?
• The Wingdings Prophecies
• Face of Satan Appears in WTC Crash Photo!
• The Bin Laden/Gum Arabic Connection
• The Klingerman Virus
• A Canadian's Tribute to America
• Terror Rumors: Full Index

It's a bit on the small side, but if you look closely at the picture you can just make out a panoramic view of Midtown Manhattan behind the blissfully unaware subject, indicating that the photographer is facing north. Only one of the planes that hit the World Trade Center on September 11 approached from that direction: the first, American Airlines Flight #11, which struck the north tower (One World Trade) at 8:45 a.m. The trouble is, the north tower had no rooftop observation deck such as pictured here. Even if it had, it wouldn't have been open to tourists at that hour.

You have but to ponder these further discrepancies to demolish the photo's credibility completely:

Why isn't the fast-moving aircraft blurry in the photo?

Why doesn't the subject (or the photographer, for that matter) seem to be aware of the plane's high-decibel approach?

The temperature was between 65 and 70 degrees that morning. Why is this man dressed for winter?

How did the camera survive the 110-story fall when the tower collapsed?

How was the camera found so quickly amidst all the rubble?

Why has this one-of-a-kind, newsworthy photo not appeared in any media venue?
About Poll
Did you think this picture was real at first glance?
Yes, it fooled me at first.
Kind of. I wasn't sure.
Not for a minute!

Current Results

As to the question of why anyone would invent a hoax as gruesome and insensitive as this in the first place, I would simply point out that the emergence of sick jokes is more the rule than the exception in the wake of tragic events such as this. Much as we might not like to accept it, the behavior is common and reflects a perennial aspect of human nature and one way people cope with the unthinkable. The example before us shows how, in the words of folklorist Alan Dundes, "one person's tragedy may become a point of projection or catharsis for the fears and anxieties of others. Remember, people joke about only what is most serious."

With more than 6,000 people missing and presumed dead as of this writing, it doesn't get much more serious than this.

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny almost-hoax

Subject: Bush Said

Hey Guys,

You probably heard President Bush when he said this on TV.. but in case you didn't. I thought it was hilarious. He said," I'm gonna be patient, about this thing, and not go firing a 2 million dollar missile at a 10 dollar tent just to hit a camel in the butt".

Comments: Yes, President Bush did utter a statement closely resembling this, according to Howard Fineman in the September 24, 2001 issue of Newsweek.

The exact quote is this:

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
He was speaking to a group of senators in the Oval Office two days after the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon. "Winston Churchill might not have used those words, but he’d have loved the sentiment," said Newsweek of the Bush pronouncement. I don't know about Churchill, but John Wayne would have loved it for sure.

Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHERE IS POK-E-MON?????
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

I WANT POKE-E-MON!!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005