Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » General Discussion » PRO CART INDOOR

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PRO CART INDOOR
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 6 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know, I know everyone has head the commercials and probably thought, "GAY!"

But, I've heard from two different people now that when you have lots of people it is VERY fun.

It's a bit expensive, but is anyone interested.

If we get 10 people we can reserve the track for 62$ per person for 1 hour (before 11am on any sat/sun. It sounded expensive to me too but if you just walk in for open racing it's 17$ for an 8min race.

Would anyone be interested in this?

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
62 dollars for an hour? Yeesh.

I bet there are hookers that are cheaper per hour than that .

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im in for it. Steve Bennett would also.

ok all you cry-babies from gulches-of-fun, nows your chance,lose the dress, or hike up your skirt, and lets go!!!!

Posts: 771 | From: Farmington | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SWEET!!! Thanks for finding that Chad. Of course, I'm in..
Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 6 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found out more.

Cars go 40mph plus.
Full function electronic timing and score keeping.

Its actually 615 for one hour per 10 cars. So we can have more than 10 but then not everyone will be able to race. If we shoot for 10 though then there will be no one sitting out at any one time. Of course if we have more than 10 then its cheaper.

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

As of 5pm on mon 1/14 we have

Chad M
Steve C
Steve B
Mike W

These are confirmed people,

Please let me know soon so i can get the reservations set.

I'm shooting for sunday morning at 9 or 10 am on either 1/27 or 2/3. I'll call and see what is avaliable.

Pfaff? How bout you?

Anyone else?

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Just called the bville location.

Both sunday mornings are open all morning.

So we can even have a 11-12 hour slot.

The reason i chose sunday moning is because if you take an afternoon time slot its 835/hr/10ppl vs. 615/hr/10ppl.

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like fun. But any business that allows a jingle like the one that they have in their commercials to play on the radio does not deserve any business from me. The first few times I heard it I thought it was a joke commercial - now I simply switch channels when I hear the off key singing.

And who gives a shit if they are "European go-carts"

[This message has been edited by Klaus (edited 01-15-2002).]

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Thats a gay reason not to go but, whatever.
larry
Member # 41

Icon 6 posted      Profile for larry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to go but i will be in Duluth working by then if it was prior to 27 th i am in...skot
Posts: 88 | From: North Idaho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

When do you leave?

We may be able to do it this sunday followed by a black hawk down matenae.

Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 14 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in. Set a date/time!

Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larry
Member # 41

Icon 6 posted      Profile for larry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As much as i would like to go...i have gut my house...everyone stop by and throw a little and see if you want any free stuff...
Posts: 88 | From: North Idaho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Went and did this last week, raced 3-10min races. It was absolutely everything i thought it would be and more. The cars don't jump of the line but easilly within about 30 feet can be going 40mph. They rocket into turns and if you don't use the break you EAT WALL HARD. There were some guys there that were so good they could pass you even when you tried to play jam car. The cars handle awesome and seem to handle differently as the tires warm up. The car seems to come into better handleing after a couple laps then if you spin the handleing will get screwed again. Its like mini real racing, the amount of concintration and focus it takes to get a good lap time is really astounding. The use of early breaking, early gas and the right line is SOOO CRITICAL!!! I was driving very hard and the guys that seemed to be regulars were LAPING US IN THE SAME CARS!! I even took a car that they used and they took another one and they were still laping me!!

After two races right in a row i was actually out of breath and breathing hard.

WE NEED TO GO DO THIS!!!!! I don't think anyone can handle a whole hour if they havn't done this before. The arms start to get sore quick. If we went on a sat morning or some evening we would have no problem getting in without waiting. Plus having some veterans out there gives you something to try and pace off of.

Everyone let me know if/when you want to go do this.

[This message has been edited by Chadwick (edited 04-02-2002).]

benson
Rookie
Member # 34

Icon 6 posted      Profile for benson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pro Kart Indoor
http://www.prokartindoor.com

$20 Annual Membership (Not Required)
Includes: First Race + Free Birthday Race

Anytime Racing (8 Minutes)
$14 Members
$17 Non-Members
$2 Helmet Charge

Pro Kart Indoor: Burnsville
12500 Chowen Avenue South
Burnsville, MN 55337

Monday-Thursday: 11-11
Friday-Saturday: 11-Midnight
Sunday: Noon-10

Pro Kart Indoor: Blaine
1201 97TH Avenue NE
Blaine, MN 55434-3548

Monday-Thursday: 11-10:30
Friday-Saturday: 11-11
Sunday: Noon-10

Posts: 27 | From: burnsville | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 6 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd do this. I'm sure we wouldn't all stall out like we did in SD.

Chad, doesn't everything make you out of breath?

Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Good point.
Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Trany   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not that bad. The carts go 30-40 MPH and you can get flying around turns. I also like the silly KKK hoods you have to wear to use their helmets.
Posts: 740 | From: Tranyland Pending | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005