Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » General Discussion » Another Reason Why I Fucking HATE Politics

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another Reason Why I Fucking HATE Politics
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was supposed to be a memorial servive for the 6 people that died on Wellstone's plane turned into a full fledged DFL fucking political rally. Democrats used the fucking situation to gain votes for their own campaigns. If any of you watched this, you probibly felt the same way (being even more conservative then i). I just wanted to throw up when Wellstones supporters started speaking and chanting "WE WILL WIN". Also, i cant imagine what my uncle, Mike Mcglaughlan, and the rest of his family were having to endure when all that political shit started up. This isnt a celebration for them, or a fucking political rally. Will was only 23 years old, had just finished college, and was only begining to start his life. I think this service should have respected that and not turned it into a fucking rally.
[brd]

--------------------
It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah and look at the front page of Star Trib the last 4 days.... Might as well put Mondales name in neon. So much for no campaiging on the demo side.
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like this is creating quite a backlash. I listened to at least 3 stations on the way to work and every caller was upset with the way the "rally" turned out. At least Ventura got up and walked out when the event turned into a rally,
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A total disgrace.

I can't pretend to truly connect myself to this our family barely knew the guy. But it is just the principle of the thing. Made me sick to watch the last half hour of that (which, was the only thing on T.V. for the last half hour of it) I guess that is probably what the Wellstone familly wanted, but it sure seems to show the character of that campaign and their true priorities. You sure taught them well Paul.

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very happy that those classless ass holes were able to show their true colors.....

AND FOR THOSE OF YOU OUT THERE THAT WANT TO SOMEHOW DEFEND THIS SHIT, DO NOT WAIST YOUR TIME, YOUR SIDE IS WRONG AND WILL ALWAYS SUCK! [brd]

Posts: 771 | From: Farmington | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 10 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty Wallace Sucks Ass:
DO NOT WAIST YOUR TIME, YOUR SIDE IS WRONG AND WILL ALWAYS SUCK! [brd]

[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

PERFECT! (oh, my stomach hurts)

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokstar
Spice Guy
Member # 70

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry to hear that a bunch of you still only get 3 channels...that could be the only explanation for watching the wellstone circus on TV last night... [sleep]

--------------------
"I have given up trying to understand people in favor of mocking them"

Posts: 51 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Now NBC has picked up the Star Tribune poll on Mondale having a 10pt lead in the senate race..... Has anyone else ever participated in a Star Trib poll? I have and it's so slanted it's annoying. The questions are not statistically valid in any way. Plus this poll was taken over the weekend - things have changed in the last couple day, why do large news organizations pick this fuckin shit up and throw it front page on their websites???? www.msnbc.com
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite is how "the family" asked the Vice President not to attend the "memorial" service. What a discrace. You can't come because we don't like your politics. The next DFL canidate that comes knocking on my door I think I might have to pick him/her up by their belt and "remove" them from my property. After all, I don't agree with their politics. [brd]

I couldn't help but see a few minutes of the ralley when the son was on; (the restaurant we were at had lots of tv sets and they were all on it). It appeared to me that particular son was in complete denial over his fathers death. Several times he referred to his father in present tense. [Roll Eyes]

BTW, Mondale would be 80 years old at the end of his term. [lol] [lol]

Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crack_Dealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to ruffle your feathers, but you should realize that Mondale will win on election day.

For those who truly know me, know that I am not a liberal but a centrist with leanings to the left.(80% of people classify themselves as middle-of-the-road with either leanings to the left or right) But I tend to vote Democrat. I did not like Wellstone, I didn't agree with many of his policies or ideas. So much so I was considering voting for Coleman (this can be verified by Klaus, we've had many Coleman-Wellstone discussions). But Mondale on the other hand is the beloved son of the democrats in this state and will garnish great respect and confidence in them. Therefore all democrats will vote for him and I would imagine all left leaning centrists will vote for him, since Mondale's idealogy is more in line with there political philosophies. Many of those centrists would have voted for Coleman (I being one of them), that now definately won't, since there is a candidate that more closely matches what they want.

And no I didn't watch the memorial service. It should come to nobody's surprise that it turned out to be a rally, especially if you read beforehand who the speakers were going to be and the fact the the DFL and interest groups were bussing in 1000's of supporters.

And as Rusty diligently pointed out not to waste my time and my response is wrong and sucks, I will accept that. But at this moment I have time to waste so here goes. It was not a disgrace to tell the VP to stay away. This was a memorial service put on by the FAMILY, not the state or federal government. In light of that they,(the family), have every right to tell who can come and who can't, and Cheney wasn't told he can't go but was strongly suggested that he shouldn't. It would be the same as one of us dying. Our families would have every right to prevent an enemy of ours that had personal hatred towards us to not come to the memorial service. Just cuz Cheney is VP does not give him special priviledges to attend a memorial service for a member of congress he had great disdain in.

--------------------
"Rarely has it been so clear how much we, the ordinary people of this country, are better than our rulers. I hope that lesson is not lost on anyone, of any political persuasion."

Posts: 520 | From: Shakopee, MN USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

[ 10-30-2002, 12:40: Message edited by: Rusty Wallace Sucks Ass ]

Posts: 771 | From: Farmington | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

I am very happy that those classless ass holes were able to show their true colors.....

AND FOR THOSE OF YOU OUT THERE THAT WANT TO SOMEHOW DEFEND THIS SHIT, DO NOT WAIST YOUR TIME, YOUR SIDE IS WRONG AND WILL ALWAYS SUCK! [brd] [brd]

Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crack_Dealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rusty---I like the response.

I knew I could get a couple of laughs outta you guys.

--------------------
"Rarely has it been so clear how much we, the ordinary people of this country, are better than our rulers. I hope that lesson is not lost on anyone, of any political persuasion."

Posts: 520 | From: Shakopee, MN USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Crack_Dealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I am most shocked at is that any of you guys actually watched the "rally". [Eek!] [sleep]

--------------------

Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

we are merely pawns, in a much larger game, then any of us could possibly comprehend...

Have fun while you still can, say what ever comes to your mind, while you still have the chance. There will be a time in our lives, where these things that we take for granted today, will not be here any longer, and you and I will only have ourselves to blame...

" things have never been so swell, and I have never felt so well..pain"

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

I don't think any of us will argue that Mondale will probably win - this is the state of minnesota. But the question now is will he serve his term out? Because if he isn't planning on it - I would say it's an attempt to get someone elected based on their name, then resigning and having an appointed senator serve. This is bullshit based on the fact that the voters didn't pick the new senator. The debates this weekend will be interesting. Mondale is on many local businesses boards so he is not like Wellstone.

As far as the Chaney thing - he was uninvited because they didn't want to subject everyone to all the security that comes with the VP coming. He is not an "enemy" to the Wellstone family. Many of the people in attendance were republicans and were shown on the big screens as the crowd booed. Remember this was a Memorial Service to remember someone by not to rally the troops that had come to pay respects. All three networks were covering the "service" from start to finish - giving 3+ hours of free advertising to Democrats... WOW and the Democrats were the ones saying the Republicans were campaigning during this "time of mourning" They were dancing on Wellstone's grave, slapping each others assess, and chanting at his memorial service!!!! WTF

[ 10-30-2002, 12:55: Message edited by: Klaus ]

Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

The exact reason I didn't watch the "Ralmorial". Pretty much it was BS. I don't buy there security excuse cuz Clinton was there and I would believe that more people would wish to "off" him than Cheney.

I don't think that Mondale has any intentions of stepping down or that this is the DFL party's scheme. For this to be the case, they would have to ensure that there was going to be a democratic governor to be able to appoint a democratic senator. Very risky!!

--------------------

Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

This should interest some of you. Here is an article on the memorial in Slate. For those of you who aren't familiar with the Slate it is a very liberal pseudo-newspaper on msn.com. They go on to slam the dems.

Slate

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005