Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » General Discussion » Colorado

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Colorado
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am flying in to Colorado on Tuesday the 22nd for work. I will be there until the 25th. My training is in Westminster and I am staying at the radisson in Thornton. (just outside of denver) Is there anything to do? I will have a rental car. I will be drinking fat tire beer. I haven't been to CO since I was a kid.

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it's too early to ski so I would recommend some outdoor stuff. Head west out of Denver on the interstate up into the mountains through Eisenhower tunnel to Vail and see the media circus [Smile] Lots of cool stuff to see within an hour of Denver (I just can't think of anything off the top of my head)
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 14 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Six Flags in Denver was pretty cool. Go to a Rockies game, or check out the Broncos stadium.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matress
Posting God
Member # 71

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make sure they give you a rental car with either rear wheel drive or a good hand E brake. Head out to colorado springs and hit pikes peak. If you have a chance to make it out there driving up that mountain is fun even at 20 miles an hr. Its pretty insane that they have guys racing up it at over 120+ mph. [beer]

[ 09-11-2003, 13:36: Message edited by: Matress ]

Posts: 208 | From: Chaska MN | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ProfBooty
Administrator
Member # 21

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ProfBooty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recommend Mt. Evans - 14,270' and it's closer than Pikes. Take I-70 west out of Denver about 25 miles or so. The turn-off is when you get to Idaho Springs. I don't remember the highway number but it's clearly marked. It's a cool drive and there were mountain goats everywhere when I got to the top.

Another scenic drive is Loveland Pass which is what the Eisenhower tunnel goes under more or less. It's coolest coming back east so go thru the Ike tunnel and take the Silverthorne/Dilon exit which is Hwy 6. Take a left at the bottom of the exit ramp (hwy 6 east) and follow the highway over the pass. It will rejoin I-70 at the tunnel.

--------------------
SolRosenberg 60 human warrior
Molloch 51 gnome warlock

Posts: 402 | From: Mpls, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005