Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » General Discussion » TWINS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TWINS
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am wondering if 1 or 2 others would be interested in splitting the cost of 2 partial season twins tickets (20 games). They offer two different schedule packages and they are fairly reasonably priced. I am looking into seeing what kind of seating is left but is anyone interested in going to 6-10 twins games this year or maybe 5 games (4 people)?

[ 05-08-2004, 09:23: Message edited by: Klaus ]

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mother in law is taking the wife and baby (and me sometimes) to most of the day games this year on their season tickets so I won't be able to go in with you [Frown]

What works for me is to just tell Luke he is participating [Big Grin]

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be in for a few games (2 tickets or 4 with Brad/Amy maybe). We have a 20 game package here at work that I might get a couple games of - but I can't be sure.
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be interested.

Tiff and I could go to a few, my parents would as well, and I'm sure my little brother would be able to come home from college. [Smile]

How much?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 5 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cricket....

Cricket....

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[horse]

2 things:

1. What's the story with these tickets?
2. What are they exactly doing to this poor horse?

--------------------
 -

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A1. Lack of intrest and money spent elswhere made me decide against pursuing it.
A2. You don't want to know.

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Twins return to Fox Sports Net
Fans can watch games beginning Saturday in Oakland
By Mark Sheldon / MLB.com

The Twins and Fox Sports Net North announced a new 8-year agreement to carry games on the cable channel Friday night. The move means the end of the club's attempt to launch its own cable network, Victory Sports One, which will be dissolved.
"It's good news for Twins fans, that's all that matters," Twins president Dave St. Peter said. "In recent weeks, it became apparent that we needed to respond to fans and get the games back on television where they belong."

Financial terms of the deal were not announced.

FSN will begin its coverage by carrying Saturday and Sunday's 3 p.m. CT games vs. the Athletics and Tuesday's home game vs. the Mariners. The rest of the television schedule will be released in the coming days, St. Peter said.

KSTC-TV, Channel 45 will continue to carry selected Twins games on over-the-air television on Friday nights. Dick Bremer and Bert Blyleven will remain the club's broadcasters for all locally televised games.

Victory went on the air in October and was to carry Twins games and other regional sports programming. It struggled to reach cable or satellite distribution agreements right away. It was only carried by providers in smaller towns, but not by outlets in the Twin Cities metro area.

"We could sense the frustration from the fans," Bremer said. "They wanted to see the games."

Fox Sports Net North reaches more than three million homes throughout the Upper Midwest. The club's previous agreement expired after the 2003 season.

"We've been talking throughout the entire process, making sure we kept an open dialogue with the Twins," said Steve Woelfel, vice president and general manager of Fox Sports Net North.

Friday's announcement comes with mixed emotions for the club.

"It's certainly a difficult decision for the Pohlad family and the whole organization," St. Peter said. "Victory had a great vision. But the short-term need to get the games on television outweighed the long-term interests of Victory. It was not an easy decision, but the right decision."

Mark Sheldon is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ProfBooty
Administrator
Member # 21

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ProfBooty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About bloody time. Fox was always their best bet. They could've saved themselves a lot of headaches and bad publicity by doing this in the first place.

--------------------
SolRosenberg 60 human warrior
Molloch 51 gnome warlock

Posts: 402 | From: Mpls, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005