Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » General Discussion » F U Second Chance!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: F U Second Chance!
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From KARE11 Website:

Minnesota Attorney General Sues Maker of Police Body Armor

Attorney General Mike Hatch says the country's largest maker of bullet-resistant vests knew for two years that many of its vests weakened with wear, but didn't publicize the fact.

Hatch also made public dozens of internal documents from Second Chance Body Armor detailing serious problems with its Zylon fiber. The material was marketed as a lighter alternative to other materials.

Hatch says the documents show Second Chance covered up evidence that Zylon fiber degrades when exposed to high temperatures, sunlight, humidity and moisture.

He says Minnesota police agencies have purchased 1,400 Zylon vests worth about $1 million since 1998. The state's lawsuit seeks civil penalties and restitution.

The company declined comment.

Nice to know....This is the current vest that I am wearing and spend 1000 bucks on!!

Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we win the lawsuit and you get a new vest, can I have your old one to shoot at?
I'm curious what a few of my exotics would do...
[gun1] [shoot]

Posts: 559 | From: Blaine, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, thats not cool [Eek!] Be Safe out there Mikey. You waiting to replace you vest till you hear whats up with this??? They should give you temporary's or something till they resolve this.
Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

[ 04-15-2004, 13:54: Message edited by: Chadwick ]

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ProfBooty
Administrator
Member # 21

Icon 13 posted      Profile for ProfBooty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... Sorta reminiscent of some auto maker that decided it was a good idea to put gas tanks on the side of the vehicle outside the protection of the frame where it would explode when broad-sided. Lots of people died, they covered it up for years and still managed to stay in business. What company was that again.... ???

--------------------
SolRosenberg 60 human warrior
Molloch 51 gnome warlock

Posts: 402 | From: Mpls, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm..Not same company [Confused] but the other one also put really thin walled gas tanks in the rear of a early compact car with very little stucture to absorb rear-end collisions, and exposed bolt ends on the axle, bumper mounts, and a poorly designed gas filler tube...

I just watched some crash tests on Pinto's on the War channel (history channel) the other day. About half of them burst into flames with a 35mph rear end collision as the tank was ruptured and spilled gas everywhere.

Back to topic: Whats the word on this Mr. PoPo Mikey????

[beer]

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005