Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » General Discussion » Paintball (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Paintball
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking that this may be just the perfect sport for the cabin trips? Played this last weekend while I finished my advanced diver certification at lake Wazee in Wisconsin. I totally forgot how much fun it was. The new paintball guns are so much more advanced now then they were the last time I played (just outa high school). I priced everything out and everyone could get into to it for less than $200 bucks. The 20oz cylenders last about 500 to 600 shots. They are cheap as hell to refill and I think we could play all weekend on 2 of them. There are a ton of fun scenarios to play. We played this weekend with only 4 players and it was fun as hell. With 6 or 8 players it would be even that much more fun.

Just thought I would throw it out there. It would be something that EVERYONE at the cabin could do together and it's much cheaper then a lot of other hobbies. Let me know because if there is enough interest I will start buying the shit soon.

Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would play as long as everyone has the same gun. None of this pee-shooter vs machine gun shit.
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always loved paintball. But without a big group and a place to play it is an abhorently expensive sport. Playing at a comercial outfit and renting everything you end up droping 150-200$ in no time at all.

So, in short, yeah I'm up for it.

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we just need to limit it to a set max muzzle velocity, air tank size and magazine size.

The rest should take care of itself.

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AND shots per minute that a gun can shoot. I haven't played, but everytime I hear complaints about some guy that can shoot 3 times faster than the rental guns etc. Dosen't seem like fun if someone can spend extra $$$ and get a gun that shoots faster then anyone else.
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Most of the non target guns will shot as fast as any of us can pull the trigger so dont worry about that too much.
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We could all do a bit of shopping over the next few days and post here what gun they like the best. If we play games in the woods like I did this weekend it has more to do with cover/concealment and spotting your opponant then the gun you use. Chad, in response we played only with four people and it was f'n cool. We did a capture the flag every man for himself with the flag in the middle. If we even had two more like 3v3 I think it would be way cool. Like I said we would play at the cabin and I'm sure the Dykstras fees for the use of their woods are reasonable. And the guns and two 20oz CO2 canisters with face mask is under 200 bucks. I think thats cheap. The paintballs are cheap as hell now too. You can get 1000 of them for about 18 bucks.
Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you can get a 6 pack of the same gun and save some cash. That would make it fair [Smile]

Obviously, the use of the land around the cabin would work well. Across the creek would be optimal - but it is very wooded. Some trails should be cut to make it more manageable. There is just a lot of underbrush and fallen trees to deal with. Otherwise, there are plenty of open spaces we could find elsewhere. We can scout an area over Labor Day.

Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is all going up on labor day weekend?
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

At last count it was Steve, Chad, and maybe Brad.
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like fun.

--------------------
It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the majority of paintball places use Tippmann 98 custom's as their rental guns. They are one of the most durable easy to modify guns out there. You can do a lot of simple customization stuff to them as well as beat the crap out of them and with a simple cleaning, have them ready to use for the next weekend. We talked about paintball up there before...

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a link that has comments on this gun at the bottom. You have the ability to get a nicer barrel, electric hopper, etc. Beginners and Pro's use this gun.

http://www.paintballwatch. com/listmodel.asp_Q_ID_E_3200_A_sub_E_7007

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

That was kinda my point, playing at a rental place for the day they nickle and dime you to death especially on paint. They rent fields by the hour, charge a little bit for each piece of equipment rental, then they get you on paint, CO2 recharges etc. And even if you bring your own paint they charge you for using outside paint.

So if we have a place and buy all our own stuff it should be MUCH cheaper like you said mikey.

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

That gun looks nice - at least it's metal unlike the Walmart type guns.

If we decide to do it - we should all order at the same time to avoid a couple guys buying gear and everyone changing their mind.......know what i mean?

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They have been making that gun for a long time so people could potentially pick it up whenever and not have to worry about someone getting a "new model" or whatever.

--------------------

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

That's not really my point, is it?

I am trying to say lets avoid lets say Chad and myself going out and buying $300 worth of gear - and then everyone else decides they aren't interested in playing. I don't want to me the preverbal "bag holder".......

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 10 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate being stuck holding my bag too! [Big Grin]
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

The owner of the dive shop that i frequent is getting into selling guns and I believe the tippman 98 is the gun I used this weekend and it performed flawlessly and would shoot as fast as i could pull the trigger. I will ask him today when I drop off my drysuit I rented what kind of pricing he would give me on three sets. His scuba gear is just about at internet pricing so I'm sure he would be pretty close on paintball gear too.
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

So far looks like:

ME
Scotty D
Chad
Luke
Hauser

thas five...
Do I hear a Steve D? How about Boon?

In my opinion one of the most fun 200 bucks I will have spend in a long time.

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't specifically referring to your post [Wink] We should get a count of how many are interested. We can play locally at my dad's land (10 acres) that is 2 minutes from my house. It is completely wooded but the ground has been cleared of the nasty thorns, burrs, etc. It would be a perfect place for paintball. If we would play around here as well as at the cabin, that would make me more interested.

--------------------

ProfBooty
Administrator
Member # 21

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ProfBooty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds like a lot of fun but at the moment, it's not in the budget. If you're talking for the Oct. trip, I may be able to swing it by then.

--------------------
SolRosenberg 60 human warrior
Molloch 51 gnome warlock

Posts: 402 | From: Mpls, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Did everyone bail on this idea? It would be a heck of a fun thing to do this fall...

--------------------

BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't afford to kill you all. [Smile]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this the type of gun you are talking about?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47247&item=3697810902&rd=1

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

That is the gun. I looked last week and there were around 200 of them on ebay in various conditions. You can get a used one with better barrel, trigger, grips, electric hopper, and a collapsible stock for around the same price on ebay if you look. A nicer barrel makes you shoot a bit further and enhances accuracy, the trigger helps you shoot faster. An electric hopper helps load the balls better and faster, and the grips and stock are for comfort. They also make a kit that moves the Co2 to your body with a flexible hose to the gun so it is lighter and smaller when shooting. We should maybe decide if it is okay for people to buy used upgraded versions of these or if everyone should start off with the basics and we can go from there...

--------------------

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Good idea. I stopped by Gander Mountain at lunch to check out what they had. They carry the Tippman 98 kit for $199 and gun only for I think $120. They also have many other (cheaper) guns that will do semi auto/burst/full auto (20bbs) for like $99. I agree we should all decide on the ground rules before we buy. Mike - thoughts?
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

I think as long as we all have the Tippmann 98 CUSTOM the add-ons and upgrades to the guns would be just fine. I just think we should stay away from full-auto and such. Also, I have been told to make sure to get the 98 CUSTOM model and not the plain 98.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Ok, sounds like a good guide line. I won't complain too much about all the add ons, Hauser. Although, the trigger and loader do help you to shoot faster. Expensive too - just checked into some of them online.....

Once we get enough ppl I will probably just get the $199 kit from Gander and go with that. A barrel would be nice in the woods and maybe stock but they are about $70 each.

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Yes, the 98 CUSTOM is the gun we are going to buy.

--------------------

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Look at the pictures of the gun in this auction hehe.

http://cgi.eb ay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47254&item=3697847781&rd=1

--------------------

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

I think this gun should be an option [Smile]

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10554&item=3695608433&rd=1

Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

I love it... mine is OTW. FedEx tracking says 10 days.
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 11 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was gonna say we should try to get a group deal on this stuff as I realy don't have the money to put into it this year..... [Frown]
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

If anyone can find a deal lets do it. But Mike and I figure after you buy the standard stuff you will have $200 into it.

Maybe Hauser can loan you his gun for the cabin trip Chad [Smile] I figured Steve could just get a $60 Walmart semi auto etc if he dosent have the $200.

Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

I dont have the money either but it's just too much fun!!!
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

I'm willing to do it if we can get a group buy from somewhere with all the goodies. Mask, Etc...
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Is anyone around for applebees tonight to discuss this, Klaus, Mikey!!!
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

I would love to but I work M-F nights now [Frown]
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Missed your post Chad - I agree we should get together and plan this soon. Maybe we can do it during the game Sunday.

All the 98 customs seem to be going for about $120 on ebay. Would be nice to get 6 98 custom kits for around $150 each. However, every quanity discount I have seen are for like $5 off each kit.

This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005