Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » General Discussion » GUNS (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: GUNS
Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's $20 for a box of 20 - buck a bullet, baby. I don't know of any other manufacturer making a gun for the .50AE...
I've looked at several places, but I cannot find any reloading supplies for .50.

Posts: 559 | From: Blaine, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomamason
Member # 14

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomamason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whats the AE stand for?
Posts: 67 | Registered: Jan 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AE stands for Action Express, it is a .50 magnum round. Doesn't really mean anything, much like .45 ACP, .40 S&W, etc. Depends on who invents it first...
Posts: 559 | From: Blaine, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another gun show at the River Center, February 17 & 18. I don't know the times or the $$$. Take you tax returns and turn it into guns and ammo!! Plus, there's another handgun holiday on the 14th. Say ILY with a nice, new gun. Find out who really cares about you!
Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im not sure how much Jen would like a H&K .45 UPS for Valetines, but it might be worth a shot??? (pun intended)

I talked to Steve C on mon. night and he told me that you guys were going to the gun show I should know if I can by Thurs.

Unfortunetly I OWE the feds some cash this year. We bought our house too late in the year to have any effect on our return and both of us had part-time jobs that didn't withhold for shit. I'll have to come up with another way to fund my furtherence of my personal stash.

Oh, I know.... How about I introduce a illegal law to the house that will take from the surplus and give to ME for MY stash. I will claim that the fuel bills were unduly harsh on me and that the extra 500 to 600 I'll have to spend on natural gas was earmarked for GUNS. I think I might find a few DFL peoples dumb enough to vote for it!

Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

See, there are people that think like us everywhere:

[This message has been edited by P_McCracken (edited 09-28-2001).]

Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Hey, can anyone give me some details on the River Center gun show (like who's hosting it, costs, times...)

Thanks,

C

Posting God
Member # 20

Sat - Sun, 17 - 18
Minnesota Weapons Collectors Show and Sale -- www.mwca.org
10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tickets, $5.00 general admission; children under 13 FREE
Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
Touchstone Energy® Place

Information straight from River Centre wedsite.

Posting God
Member # 20

[This message has been edited by P_McCracken (edited 09-28-2001).]

Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Excellent choice!
Jomamason
Member # 14

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomamason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that a new toy Pfaff? What is it?
Jomama

Posting God
Member # 20

Heckler & Koch USP45 Tactical.
Jomamason
Member # 14

Thought this was interesting

Jessica is 14 years old.

She knows how to shoot; her father taught her.

And there were adequate firearms to deal with the crisis that arose in
their home in Merced, Calif. -- a San Joaquin Valley farming community 130
miles southeast of San Francisco -- when 27-year-old Jonathon David Bruce
came calling on Wednesday morning, Aug. 23.

There was just one problem.

Under the new "safe storage" laws being enacted in California and
elsewhere, parents can be held criminally liable unless they lock up their
guns when their children are home alone... so that's just what law-abiding
parents John and Tephanie Carpenter had done.

Some of Jessica's siblings -- Anna, 13; Vanessa, 11; Ashley, 9; and John
William, 7 -- were still in their bedrooms when Bruce broke into the
farmhouse shortly after 9 a.m.

Bruce, who was armed with a pitchfork -- but to whom police remain unable
to attribute any motive -- had apparently cut the phone lines.

9-1-1 doesn't always work
So when he forced his way into the house and began stabbing the younger
children in their beds, Jessica's attempts to dial 9-1-1 didn't do much
good.

Next, the sensible girl ran for where the family guns were stored. But
they were locked up tight.

"When the 14-year-old girl ran to a nearby house to escape the
pitchfork-wielding man attacking her siblings," writes Kimi Yoshino of the
Fresno Bee, "she didn't ask her neighbor to call 9-1-1.

She begged him to grab his rifle and 'take care of this guy.'"

He didn't. Jessica ended up on the phone.

By the time Merced County sheriff's deputies arrived at the home,
7-year-old John William and 9-year-old Ashley Danielle were dead. Ashley
had apparently hung onto her assailant's leg long enough for her older
sisters to escape. Thirteen-year-old Anna was wounded but survived.

Once the deputies arrived, Bruce rushed them with his bloody pitchfork. So
they shot him dead. They shot him more than a dozen times. With their
guns.

Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice choice Tim! It's the gun of choice for our ERU "entry team". They all have nothing but good things to say about it.

I'm looking to buy a new gun. I want a 92fs stainless that was made in Italy. I also want three 15 round STAINLESS mags they should also be stamped "ITALY" I don't have to purchass them together.

Due to the fact that in the US we can't seem to use high quality steel my service gun is rusting. I know about 5 officers on the department that have stainless guns and they love them.

thanks

Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
SKUZZY
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What in the world do we need guns for? So many people are killed everyday by guns and
for what? Why do we need to own these destructive items? Do people really need these types of things in a free world?
I cant figure it out.

| Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because you moron! THEY EXIST! They will not go away! Nothing you say can make that so. I'm not an advocate for having a firefight to solve every argument but jesus christ it is a absolute certanty that the people who really want guns and dont follow laws to do anything else in their lives will always be able to get them no matter what the laws say. It is simple reality that stricter laws will only take guns out of the hands of good people who only intent to have them to use when they absolutely have to, to protect their loved ones or themselves. I am an advocate for safely storing these weapons (locked up). Responsible use and behavior like learning how to use your gun and how to make sure that what your are shooting at you really want to kill. You seem to live in little matrix that you wish to change as you see fit. Well simpleton, then go live in one. But, just dont do anything in this contry to afect any possible law, like vote.

Guns are not going to go away!
Only good people will get hurt by restricting our right to defend ourselves from people who are not heeded by laws. People who think making a law will make the bad thing stop are just ignorant.

I just bought a townhome and the first thing i did after signing the purchase agreement was to go apply for a permit to purchase handguns. I have been through gun safety training and intend to be professionaly trained in using the handgun i purchase, So that, god forbid, i should ever need it to save my life or the life of someone i love then i can do so.

Chad

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

Let's compare:

Skuzzy:
What in the world do we need guns for? So many people are killed everyday by guns and
for what? Why do we need to own these destructive items? Do people really need these types of things in a free world?
I cant figure it out.

Me:
What in the world do we need cars for? So many people are killed everyday by cars and
I cant figure it out.

Hmmm... Fuck it, outlaw everything!

Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

The key words Skummy uses are "free world".
Do you want to keep it that way? Chad is correct: guns exist. The more you limit them, the more power those with them posess. Why do we nuclear warheads? Backtrack: why do we need the bow? Your argument has no weight. Humans are all about the struggle for dominance and power.

Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so,

how about planning a " gun-fest "????

any takers???

Posts: 771 | From: Farmington | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
felt compelled after the show in albertville yesterday to increase the inventory by one...

one .44 MAG, 7.5 ", stainless, super-redhawk
very nice!

Posts: 771 | From: Farmington | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 14 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Three words:

“Like a canoe.”

Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

Three words:

“Like a canoe.”

Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomamason
Member # 14

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Jomamason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey cramer, you ever in the business of reselling any of your pistols. I'm looking for a .41, .44, or possibly a 454 Casull, but would prefer the smaller two with a 5inch barrel. Dont really care about the finish. They go really fast up here used cause those are the standard bear-sidearms. Or if you know someone or come across one, email me or give me a call. Jomama
(907)562-9884

Posts: 67 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 8 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm totaly up for the gun fest it would give me an excuse to go buy the USP i want with money i dont have.

I had a (morbid but compelling) thought to use our color plotter at work to create some life size targets for an event like this. I would use the model in counterstrike of the terrorist arab guys with the red headbands! Since it is a character and not a picture of a real person i dont think if someone came across us they would really care. (not like they would say anything while seeing the arsenal we would have). But anyway is this a really good idea or a really bad one? I personally would find it a very good release of frustration and anger durring this time.

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 6 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who gives a shit whose picture is on the target?!? I want to get some mannequins.
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
joe,

no. im not " in the buisness " of " re-selling " ANY firearms! i sell tractor parts for ziegler. and once in awhile, work on land cruisers.

if you are going to be carring a sidearm, i would suggest a stainless version of whatever you get.... the elements can be very damaging to a firearm that is not maintained REGULARLY!!!

Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wanted:

BARRETT 82A-1, like new condition, with or without optics. please leave message.

thanks.

Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GUN SHOW!!!!

SEPTEMBER 22-23!!!

BROOKLY-DARK ARMORY!!!!

VISA/MASTER/ CASH-CASH-CASH!!!!

BRING YOUR PERMITS!!!!

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 6 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barrets avaliable on impactguns.com for 6,700$

I don't know if that is good pricing or not that good.

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

50 Caliber Shooters Association (FCSA) http://www.fcsa.org/index.html

In Minnesota: Gopher Rifle and Revolver Club P.O. Box 18023 Minneapolis, MN 55418 --FCSA sanctioned 1000 yard range

"While the .50 BMG can be fun to shoot at any distance, it's really beginning to come into its own at target distances where lesser calibers just give up. Whether you're into target shooting at a mile distance, plinking at 1-foot diameter rocks 1000 yards away, or are simply amused by keeping all your shots touching at 100 yards, you're going to need a safe range to shoot."

[This message has been edited by P_McCracken (edited 09-21-2001).]

Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PFAFF!!!

where is the photos????

Posting God
Member # 20

...had to pick up a few things last Saturday:

Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 6 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Safest place on Earth' is gun capital of Europe by RAYMOND DUNCAN

SWITZERLAND is Europe's gun capital. It has more firepower per person than any other country in the world yet it is said to be one of the safest places on Earth.

Despite the prevalence of lethal hardware, the country has virtually no violent crime, there are only minimal controls at public buildings, and politicians rarely have police protection, although yesterday's events are bound to bring about a review of that situation.

Year after year, Switzerland has one of the world's lowest murder rates while sending machine guns to every member of their citizen army.

All males between 20 and 42 are required to keep rifles and pistols at home for the purposes of national defence and they are not kept in safes or with trigger locks. They are kept at the ready.

It was the Swiss passion for guns matched by their determination to keep their liberty that kept the Nazi war machine at bay.

When the Swiss government thought an invasion was imminent, it ordered every able-bodied man to stand by his post and defend it to the last round. Their determination, shooting skills, and the sheer quantity of weapons at their disposal persuaded Hitler that an invasion of Switzerland was not worth the cost and he should concentrate his efforts on conquering countries with strict gun control laws.

The nation's militia system requires males over 18 to be ready for a call to service.

Every Monday and Friday, men wearing uniforms and carrying weapons can be seen on commuter trains travelling to and from military camp for compulsory training.

Other countries have tennis courts and golf courses, the Swiss have shooting ranges. Almost every town has one, where reservists have to fire a set number of rounds each year to keep their weapons.

In restaurants and coffee shops, tourists sometimes find themselves competing with guns for places to hang their coats.

However, Switzerland is facing pressures for gun control.

Neighbouring countries are clamouring for tougher restrictions and the state parliament building shootings are likely to accelerate the demands.

- Sept 28th

Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Trany   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

This is a nice sidearm. US issue Berreta M9. Point and squeeze. Good accuracy and little recoil. Maitnance is an issue, but it's for the military. Hell all they do is drink, shoot, and polish boots. They clean these things more then there dirty asses.

[This message has been edited by Trany (edited 09-28-2001).]

Posts: 740 | From: Tranyland Pending | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 8 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Drink, shoot and polish boots. Hmmm...you know a lot about the military don't you Trany.

Have you ever fired an automatic grenade launcher (Mark-19) off the top of a moving Humvee? Shined boots or not, it's pretty exciting. Especially when you're hungover or still drunk from the night before.

I was at an "Automatic Fire" range last year, and nothing is more amazing than the deep bass of the .50 cal sounding off over the sound of seven M-60s rattling away.

Call me simple, but I'm still a M16A2 kinda guy. That's my weapon, I love it. You give me anything else, I'll fire it...well. But until I can purchase my own fun little killing toys, I'll stick with my weapons the Army gives me.

And my boots are always shiny.

-Eric

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ProfBooty
Administrator
Member # 21

Icon 6 posted      Profile for ProfBooty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never mind Tranny, Boondock. He was in the Navy. I guess I can't really tease him myself since I don't have any military service under my belt but from the people I know that have served, I seem to hear the word "pussy" used to describe guys in the Navy a lot.
Posts: 402 | From: Mpls, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Trany   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pussy is one of my 5 favorite foods. I do like M16 for size and ROF. I probbaly would like th M60 which I have never fired. My fire arms experiance is limmited, but accuracy is a skill I possess.
Posts: 740 | From: Tranyland Pending | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how many pussies died on the cole???
ProfBooty
Administrator
Member # 21

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ProfBooty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently guys from different branches of the military can't tease each other a little without it being a statement of disrespect toward those that have died in the line of duty. I see.

Posts: 402 | From: Mpls, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

[This message has been edited by cramer (edited 10-02-2001).]

This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005