Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » General Discussion » @#$! economy... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: @#$! economy...
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BoondockSaint:
So is Vikki coming for sure? Any bets on who gets in her pants first, me or Litt?

-Boondock

Eric – That’s an easy bet….. Steve already got in her pants – so you loose. As of Sunday, she is going. I am making the reservations today, I just hope it snows in the next 20 days or the snow could suck.

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cajun
unregistered

Icon 13 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been a LONG time since I went skiing, either downhill or cross-country. I could probably use my Dad's old cross-country skis, I'm about the right weight for them now... If I can dig up his old monocoque skis they might work well too with the extra pressure I can put on them in the turns now. If I want to do a lot of hiking, then I can go ski. Lift tickets are just that: lift tickets. Don't need one to ski, just to get on the lifts. Effectively discourages 99% or more skiers from trying to ski without a ticket, but to the determined... :-) Then again, the larger parks might have some problems with you climbing up there, what with the ski patrol budget and all.

approaching winter, when companies go to "end of year get as much shipped as possible" mode and don't have/make time to look at resumes... Remember this from the LAST go-round. Yet another unemployed November. Whee. Maybe X-mas will jumpstart the economy a bit and there'll be more jobs in the paper. My Dad was reading in the New York Times how Atlanta's job postings are only off by 60%...

Today I at least start the power steering box replacement job, if the box shows up as promised...
-Will

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 9 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you guys flying out? Driving for only 2-3 days of skiing sucks. It seems to be like a half/half chance that there will be no snow so only 2 runs are open. Scott will say im just bitter from the one year i went and the skiing was terrible (he's right). I'm just of the opinion that if your gonna go all that way, ski alot and do it in march or april when the skiing is the best. It's worth the extra money.
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As always Chad we are driving out. It takes 12 hours to get to Denver from my doorstep - with 4 people that equates to 3 hours of driving each. Out of the 7 years I have driven to Colorado to snowboard over Thanksgiving 1 year has been shitty (the year you were with). This year as you say could be 50-50, they don’t have any snow yet and it’s less then 3 weeks until Thanksgiving.

Driving on a 12 hour road trip can go very smoothly if done correctly. The problem with the drive two years ago to Denver was that Chad refused to allow the two other people on the trip to drive on the way back. This put everyone at risk, we had to stay awake and keep a very tired Chad from sleeping himself. Then when he finally couldn’t stay awake, we were equally as tired and had trouble ourselves. I look forward to the drive every year and yes I sleep during most of it (Nebraska is very boring). Road trips aren’t for everyone. The annual Thanksgiving trip has always been about more then skiing/snowboarding, over the last seven years I have gone with 12 different people and we have always had fun on the mountain and off. Oh, and it’s a very cheap trip – lift tickets are free and lodging is about $50 a person for the weekend, plus gas.

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 6 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you blame me? you blew-up an engine and transmission from all your driving out there in your truck. I like my engine and transmission i don't want a new one!

j/k

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 13 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Klaus:
Eric – That’s an easy bet….. Steve already got in her pants – so you loose...

That doesn't count!

YOU KNOW DAMN RIGHT, YOU BASTARD!

-Boondock

------------------
Pearl Harbor Death Toll: 2,403 Americans vs 270,000 Japanese.
WTC Death Toll: 6,000 Americans vs ??? -I say kill em all-

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to disagree w/the all powerfull monkey boy , but the snow SUCKED (big time capital sucked) when I met you there for thanksgiving also, and that was not the trip Chad was with. I've been to CB 4 times now, the snows always bulletproof.......... See greatest snow on earth=UTAH......

(sorry but fuck colorado ski resorts overpriced high society crap,,,,, "would you like a $12 hamburger sir with your $8 fries, and $6 coke".... )

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, well like I was saying.... it's a cheap trip for everyone except myself...I do need a major overhaul every few years. Mike reminded me the other day that the Toyota 4runner wasn't designed to do 90mph for hours on end into the mountains. (go figure)

Eric - we will get Vicki all drunk on wine in the mtns and see if you can get some nipper!

Joe- I agree the snow isn't always the best in CO (especially in November) The year with Chad there was pretty much NO snow, except man-made stuff. It did suck, but we made the best of it. The year we were there 60% of the mtn was open and I remember it was icy - but still WAY WAY better then any skiing in MN. Utah is the best - I agree! (and I have only been there once). At least CB is free!

I will say that Vail last year was awesome - $57 a day was worth it! Huge area - awesome boarding! Even cheap-ass Brandon said he liked Vail. (of wait I paid for his ticket )

Joe, Have you talked to Brandon lately, he hasn't returned my calls.

Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll send his # again in case I got it wrong, but no I haven't talked to him other than the first time on the land-line about 1.5 months ago. I'd call him between 7:30-9:30pm his time or else he's likely not around.

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ProfBooty
Administrator
Member # 21

Icon 6 posted      Profile for ProfBooty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a buncha Sallys, what's this 3-4 hours at a time crap?!? I made Cody, WY (just east of Yellowstone) this past July by myself in 16 hours stopping for fuel once and the occasional piss break. Piece o' cake! Granted, that was during the day. Night driving would be a bit tougher.
Posts: 402 | From: Mpls, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
farmington mn to farminton nm.....33 hours.
truck, trailer, camper, cruiser....
just stopping for fuel and 'dews...

NEVER AGAIN!!!! just not worth it!

Posts: 771 | From: Farmington | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 9 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually find night driving to be much easier/better. Truck runs cooler, less people on the interstate, and sometimes you can tuck in behind a tractor trailer and get really good gas millage because they are the majority of the sparse trafic at night.

I was just kidding about the whole truck failures dissucssion, no way do i want to open that can of decomposing worms again.

Black hills distance is about all i can take in one sitting (11 hours towing the samurai) any further and ill just fly or not go at all and save some money. I am thinking about driving to Big Sky next winter after i pay down wheeling debt but only if it is for at least a week.

I wouldn't put ANY truck or SUV to a 90mph test for hours on end and expect it to maintain a good reliabilty level i just dont think they are designed for that and longevity at the same time.

ProfBooty
Administrator
Member # 21

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ProfBooty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's all true, I just meant from the staying awake standpoint, night driving is tougher. There's a lot less to hold your attention and keep you awake. That plus my not-so-great night vision makes me tend to avoid lots of driving at night.

33 hours?!? Jesus Christ, were you still conscious and sane when you finally got there? That definitely would suck, especially with a trailer and whatnot to worry about.

[This message has been edited by ProfBooty (edited 11-07-2001).]

Posts: 402 | From: Mpls, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005