Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » General Discussion » New Noncompliance (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Noncompliance
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay. do you get to a World of warcraft page when clicking on the link? You should only have to enter your password once and then it should save it [Wink]

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No I get the same page again - but in the address bar it has my user name and password.
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pm me what your using to login. It should take you to the page WoW_home.htm in the private section.

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok sent
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

just tested it with my other machine and it works. It will only work with the username and password I setup so use the one I just sent back.

--------------------

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

It works - stupid me I was putting my name in the user name/password area in the lower left of the home page. I didn't know you meant to click on the wow link.....ooops
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Doh. I could have been more clear lol. I dont know what I am gonna do with the username and password box. That might get removed because we are using the other process of logging into private. I am having a hard time using dreamweaver to update the site because of the tables so if you do pull up a page in dreamweaver, dont be suprised if it looks funny [Wink]

Homesite works perfectly tho... Let me finish adding pages so every lnk goes somewhere.

--------------------

PhantomBear
Member # 99

Icon 5 posted      Profile for PhantomBear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey you all!

I am now an official member and all that good stuff.

How do I attach one of those cool little pics to my name?

Later,
Mike (Shadowstride)

Posts: 90 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Find one you like(on the internet search for avatar) and I will upload it to the server or you can browse the pre-installed ones. Go into your profile and look in the avatar section.
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

starting to write up the includes for all of the menu's/links so that we can update one document to update the whole site [Wink] It is a huge pain to have to make a change to every page for one single link [Frown]

--------------------

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Yeah I hate that - Frontpage dosen't do that well so everytime I make a change at work I have to edit several pages/links.
flamingoamyjo
Posting God
Member # 93

Icon 9 posted      Profile for flamingoamyjo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KLAUS!!----where the heck did my avatar go??

--------------------
Clinton '08!!!!
 -

Posts: 211 | From: Shakopee, MN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

It's on the other server still... Any possibility you have a copy of that image? I can't connect to the old server anymore because ftp.noncompliance.com (address I use to upload images) now points to the new server. I am trying to get the IP addy of the old server so I can get all the avatars from it.
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

FYI, I had to submit a ticket to figure out why the include I created wont work... I also called and they told me to leave it broken so that the developer could see wht is wrong. Basically it isnt parsing the include so the left nav menu is gone including its tables from the home page. As soon as he gets to look at it, I will fix it [Wink]

--------------------

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Yep looks like it works now.
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

ALl of the pages go to the correct pages now (create your photo gallery in the vdeck)

I am making includes for all of the links/nav right now so hopefully you can get some content onto the pages and we will be on our way [Wink]

--------------------

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

I will try and upload Joe's Alaska pics (only album I have at work) using vdeck - lets see if it works.
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

I would download the java plugin. It lets you pick a group of pictures and click one button to load them all [Wink] . If you cant find it, I will upload it for you this weekend to the FTP.

Header and left navigation includes done [Smile]

--------------------

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Did you already install the photogallery server software through the control panel?
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Ok, I was able to connect to the old site and get the flamingo image and Chad's car image/avatar.
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

I did not install that software yet.

Do you have a couple minutes to call me at work? I want to show you where to edit the content of the pages quickly. I can do a webmeeting so you can see exactly what I am doing... [Smile]

PM'ed you my work number.

--------------------

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Ok, give me awhile - I have a meeing.
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

roger that.

--------------------

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Link Photo Gallery to this page please:

http://noncompliance.com/v-web/gallery/

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DUDE! I'm a posting god.
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

I have it set now so if you go over a certain post number you can set your own custom title in your profile [Smile]
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

already have it linked there so we are good [Wink]

I have everything ready for content... I also have the whole site setup on Server side includes so we can update one include to update menu's/ links... Much cleaner this way. There is also comments in the code on each page that shows you exactly where to type to update the text sections of the pages. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Great! I am swamped at work for the rest of the day. We should try and hook up tomorrow or Sunday on the phone.
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

That is fine [Smile] We can try and hook up this weekend. Basically you are ready to update the pages after you talk to me [Big Grin]

--------------------

flamingoamyjo
Posting God
Member # 93

Icon 6 posted      Profile for flamingoamyjo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So when we were in the gallery looking at the lovely nostalgic Montana photos (who are those girls anyways?) we realized you're stuck in gallery hell and can't get back to the message board from there. Just thought you might like to know!!

--------------------
Clinton '08!!!!
 -

Posts: 211 | From: Shakopee, MN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

I am checking to see if that software will allow any links back to the main site. Or I could have a seperate browser window pop up anytime you click on the photo gallery button....

More old pics to come soon....

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Want me to change that link in the menu to pop open a new window?

--------------------

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Yes, lets do that for now.
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

done

--------------------

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Let me know when your ready to update the content on the site. I have it all ready for you.

--------------------

flamingoamyjo
Posting God
Member # 93

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flamingoamyjo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
QUESTION: How come sometimes when I post I get an error report telling me there is "flood protection" and I can't retry for 120 seconds? REALLY ANNOYIG, especially if it was a long post. It used to happen to me before too, so it's not a new thing.

And why aren't those fuckin' smileys on ALL the reply boards?? I like my smileys!!!

--------------------
Clinton '08!!!!
 -

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

I will see if I can turn off Flood protection - its to stop someone from spamming a bunch of posts in a row.

The smileys....I finally figure out. See at the bottom of the page the quick reply box. There is a link to Instant Graemlins. Click that and a box will pop up. I really like this template (blue with shaded topics) and it does not have the smileys included on the reply form.

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Klaus, find some time so we can go through updating these pages. I hate seeing them blank [Wink]

--------------------

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

No problem - should have some time this week. Maybe Thursday or Friday.
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Klaus, Have you installed the photo gallery tool for uploading pictures? It is much faster and easier to load bulk photos... [Wink] I did 15-20 photos in about 1 minute this morning.

--------------------

This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005