Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » General Discussion » GUNS (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: GUNS
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SO WHERE IS THE PICTURE!!!!
Posts: 771 | From: Farmington | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 6 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Chadwick (edited 10-11-2001).]

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 14 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn cool Chad!!

H&K makes such kick-ass shit!!!!!

Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent choice Chad! Personally I prefer the all-black look, but two guys here got a good deal on the same gun you have...
Posts: 559 | From: Blaine, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot to mention, that of all the handguns I own, the HK USP .40 is the most accurate of the bunch. I think you'll be quite pleased with your purchase.
Now you have to scour the gun shows to pick up a box of Black Talons (no offense Mikey). Look hard, they are quite rare - I haven't seen a box in over a year (in .40 S&W)...

Posts: 559 | From: Blaine, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too thought that the Black Talons were as rare. However I've found a excellent gun shop here in Anchorage that has a HUGE selection of ammo. They have all sorts of Black Talons and a similar round by the same company (the name escapes me though), both in .40 S&W. They also have Glausser Saftey Slugs for all types of pistols and with both the Blue tip and Silver tip. If anyone wants anything that they don't think they can find there let me know, I'd be happy to hook you up with those hard to find rounds. They've got some custom "AK-Brown Bear" loads for your 44mag there Cramer, I think they're like 230 or 240gr bullets (not positive on the weight but they're a EXTRA heavy lead).
Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Non taken Brent. The new vests are designed to stop them too. Only I will not be the first in line to volunteer to take one though! The round you want for vest penetration is small and fast.... HUMMMMMMMM .223!!
Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

F M J dude, F M J!
Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so,

the cop says .223????

so the steel-core, full metal jacket rounds
i have, will do ok???

Posts: 771 | From: Farmington | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 5 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So is it just steel-core .223, or are FMJ 7.62 or .308 going to work? Is the FMJ .308 just going to leave something like a banana, hit with a hammer over and over, just still in the skin?
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 6 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could just hit the person in the face and not have to worry about penetrating anything.

Or fire a 50cal or 7mm mag.

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

.45 LC caliber 3 1/2" barrel

[This message has been edited by P_McCracken (edited 10-13-2001).]

ProfBooty
Administrator
Member # 21

Icon 6 posted      Profile for ProfBooty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Level III balistic protection (with rifle plates) includes the FMJ .223 and the .308 Winchester FMJ (7.62x50mm), 6 rounds at 2750 fps.

Level IV covers .3006 Armor-piercing, one round at 2850 fps.

NIJ certification of body armor is based on the level of blunt trauma to the wearer, not just whether it stops the round or not. The criteria is that when tested, the vest cannot make more than a 1.7" impression in the clay backstop behind it when it's hit by the round. That way the round is stopped and
your sternum isn't stapled to your spine

Posts: 402 | From: Mpls, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 4 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Say Again 7mm mag FMJ would have little trouble penetrating kevlar with even rifle plates.

And lets not even mention a .50 cal round.

Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEAD SHOTS ' still ' COUNT!!!

[This message has been edited by cramer (edited 10-23-2001).]

Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHEN IS THE NEXT GUN SHOW????

i NEED more!!!

Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 4 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gun Fingerprinting:

http://popularmechanics.com/science/law_enforcement/2001/10/firearms_fingerprints/index.phtml

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 11 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like 80-90% of the "fingerprint" is gained from the caseing. So.......PICK UP YOUR CASEINGS!
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
invest in a quality revolver....
Posting God
Member # 20

There was a guy on TLC that made a mortar that launched 16 lb. bowling balls with 4 oz. of black powder. It shoots them 100 yards and through TVs, computers, minivans, and a camper trailer. They even knocked down a cement silo with eight shots. Fucking funny & cool. We need one.
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Should I?

BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 14 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, and then I can teach you how to take it apart in 41 seconds, and reassemble it in 36.

Hey, pick me up one, too. Thanks.

-Boondock

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

have you gone over the edge chad???
you may want to sell your new home and move back to eagan. you never had any thoughts about this type of thing untill you moved out of eagan.

i would try and find a pre-ban, collapsable butt-stock, 14.5" barrel w/bayonet lug. this
may be my christmas present to ME!!!! unless,
i can find a barrett.

happy hunting!

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

The post ban brand new will accept a barrel or "upper" that can mount a 203 launcher or a light/laser/bayonet, i belive. The Bushmaster M4 Carbine Clone (or the XMS15 A2) comes as shown with the ak style flash break and the telestock butstock. It is the short 14.5" Carbine. Plus it is only 800-900 brand new. A pre ban would be like twice that.
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

do you understand why it is more money?????

well.... do you?????

weak-minded people have bought into the bull-shit that the cunt from kalifornia, diane fienstien, and her brain-dead-cunt-buddy sara brady, have been selling. they have scared people to the point that everyone who wants to own a weapon, or likes to shoot, is a mass-murdering criminal. you know, only people who want to own an " assault " weapon
are those who are a threat to peace.
there is no reason whatsoever for the " average " subject to be armed with a weapon that is at all like that of the millitary.
so, that means:

" pre-ban " weapons will have all the " goodies " that you want, that, and a colt is going to fetch far more monies than your bushmaster or other AR-style, because it is a colt, and they are not made for the civillian market any longer. your new rifle cannot have:

no millitary-style flash suppressor, meaning,
it CANNOT have the same " thread-syle-pitch "of the wapons in the millitary. you can own a AR-style weapon with a muzzle-brake, it cannot be the " same " as the millitarys.

you CANNOT have a barrel length shorter than
16.50" ( i think). the pre-ban carbines had a 14.50" barrel option.

you cannot have a bayonet-lug on your rifle,
because we have had so many people killed in
" mass bayonettings ".

the stock lenght MUST be fixed, you cannot own a " new " rifle that has a colapseable butt-stock.

and you cannot have a detachable-box-type magazine that holds more than 10 rounds, sold with a new rifle.

you are not to have a pistol-grip on a rifle.
however, if the butt-stock/pistol grip are " one piece " its ok. ( see HK SL-8 .223 rifle)

this is not all the rules concerning
" assault " wapons. there are many sites out there that list all of the " baned " guns, ones that cannot be imported, or owned leagaly anymore...

of course, there are MANY loop-holes, just like any good american law. you are allowed
no more than two of the above options on your new weapon,one being the size of the box-type-detachable magazie,and im pretty sure the collapsable butt-stock is NOT one of them, UNLESS it is registerd as a HANDGUN, BY THE MANUFACTURE,
and im not aware of anyone who is marketing a .223 " handgun " other than the people in the twin-cities that sell a carbon-fiber rifle, and a " shorter " version, that is post-ban legal....for some reason. if memory serves, it had no butt-stock, took normal hi-cap mags, was under 16-18" OVERALL, and was as light as a feather. somewhere aroung the
700-900 range. i havnt seen one at a show lately...

the weapon you are looking at, the bushmaster, is a decent rifle, and you " could " modify it to what you want. you will need to invest some time in researching what you can and cannot do as far as mods go...wouldnt want to have an " illegal " firearm, and be jailed on charges of terrorism or whatever they can cook up...

Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quote: "you cannot have a bayonet-lug on your rifle,
because we have had so many people killed in
" mass bayonettings "."

Thats fuckin funny cramer.
Dude that had me and my roommate laughing our asses off. Its too bad this crap is all true.

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 8 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just don't try and sell it to an undercover ATF jackass after you modify it, or your family will be murdered on your front porch.
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know if all the rules you mentioned are federal law. Because i looked into it and i can buy a NEW 14.5" Carbine Bushmaster or Colt with the colapsable butstock. It is obviously only semi auto and has a perminently fixed muzzle break. Thats all im looking for. Sure it only comes with one 10 round mag but it will accept all hi Cap AR mags.

I do understand why the new ones are more but i just cant drop that kind of cash. (what am i saying i cant drop any cash right now)

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 4 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh, your right steve i did some more looking into it and i see that you cant get the telscoping stock anymore. And that it is a replica as shown. But my question is can it just be screwed off and replaced with a colt pre ban telescoping stock?

I did find out for sure that this thing does come with a 14.5" barrel.

[This message has been edited by Chadwick (edited 11-12-2001).]

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Telescoping stocks are avaliable on gunbroker for 50 bucks ea.
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

dont waste your money martin:

Your Gun Show Loophole At Work
By Bob Ward
AllSouthwest News Columnist
11-14-1

The gun show was described by former President Bill Clinton as a bazaar for criminals where they could buy guns of any description and in any quantity in total anonymity. According to the gun-control mythology, at a gun show there are no background checks, no one asks for a name or address and your reason for wanting a fully automatic assault rifle with flash suppresser and attached grenade launcher is strictly your own business.

It was this vision that perhaps led the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence (BCPGV) to declare that, "the gun show becomes a place where those planning to use guns in crime are able to meet unlicensed sellers and avoid the very laws meant to cut down on gun violence," it adds.

But once again, the gun controllers have been kicked in the pants by the facts. The U.S. Justice Department interviewed 18,000 state and federal prison inmates in 1991 and again in 1997.

It should be noted, in both those years the department was part of an administration that was amenable to gun control. In 1991, the President was George Bush was did not resist gun control and in 1997 the department was under the direction of Bill Clinton and Attorney-General, Janet Reno both of whom were rabid on the subject.

The responses of these prisoners simply knocked the "gun-show loophole" theory into a cocked hat. In 1997 less than one percent of violent offenders -- 0.7 percent to be exact -- acquired their guns at a gun show. That's fewer than one in a hundred.

Slightly more, one in a hundred, acquired their guns at flea markets. Purchases at pawn shops accounted for 3.8 percent of guns used by these convicts. And, despite the Brady law, sales at retail stores exceeded these other outlets at 8.3 percent, although this was still a minor source of guns for violent criminals.

Almost 80 percent of the guns used by these violent offenders were obtained from friends or family members, or purchased on the street or from other illegal sources. These transactions are obviously beyond the reach of any legislation and demonstrate the fact that so-called gun control laws only control the acquisition of guns by non-criminals, that is, the potential victims of those who are unhindered by such laws.

The Brady people also claim that an upsurge in gun violence due to gang and drug activity began in the late 1980s and that this created "an enormous demand" for military style "assault weapons" including the UZI, AK-47, AR-15 rifles, the TEN-9 and MAC10 handguns, and a shotgun with the sinister moniker, "Streetsweeper." Again, the Brady people lose to the facts. According to the Justice Dept. survey, about only eight percent of state and federal prisoners used military style semi-automatic weapons. In case the Brady people are still confused, that means 92 percent used something else -- something non-military and not semi-auto.

The DOJ report raises serious doubts about the effectiveness of gun laws in reducing gun-related crime. The Brady law indeed seems to have reduced the volume of criminals obtaining their guns from an ordinary retail store. In the 1997 survey, 14 percent of inmates had acquired their gun from a store, down from the 21 percent in 1991. But that doesn't mean the criminals did not obtain guns and use them. In fact, from 1991 to 1997 there was a slight increase in the number of inmates who reported using a gun. It was only a two to three percent increase but we were promised a reduction in criminal gun use with passage of Brady.

For that matter the 1993 crime bill with its ban on so-called assault weapons didn't pose much of a problem for criminals either. About half of he inmates with assault weapons got them by stealing them or by purchasing them from a drug dealer, a fence or elsewhere on the black market.

But gun control zealots, typically unmoved by experience or logic, are busy devising new ways to take guns away from law abiding citizens. The current enthusiasm is S-1438 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2002. Section 1062 of the bill makes it illegal to possess "significant military equipment formerly owned by the Department of Defense."

This applies to everything on the U. S. Munitions List plus whatever the Secretary of Defense decides to include. The Munitions List includes "non-automatic, semiautomatic and fully automatic firearms (in other words all, small arms) to caliber .50 inclusive. You'll be allowed to own such weapons provided they are "de-militarized" which means rendered useless.

Some of the familiar weapons covered by this measure would be the venerable of Garand M-1 of WW II fame, the military .45 pistol, the AR-15 rifle and even the creaky old 1903 bolt-action rifle.

There's a reason the anti-gun forces are not persuaded by studies showing that gun laws don't reduce crime or the use of guns in crime. It's because crime is not their concern.

They are elitists who object to an armed population in principle. An armed citizenry is a characteristic of a system of government in which the people are sovereign and government is limited. That's what bothers them -- the riff-raff being in charge -- not crime. ___

Bob Ward is... Host of the Texas Journal Radio Show KIXL 970 AM Austin Editor of The Texas Journal Print Publication http://www.allsouthwest.com/columnists/bward.html

more great shit brought to you by those who really know whats going on, and whats best for you.

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 8 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even though i agree with EVERYTHING they say, I wish they would have used field aquired evidence beyond inmate poles. If I was a criminal in jail and did have possibility for parole and was planing to continue criminal activity upon my release i would tell you exactly what you wanted to hear in order to make weapons more avaliable to me. They should have used local law enforcement crime statistics as well as inmate poles.
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 8 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They should use more electric chairs and gallows.

Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IM READY TO BUY GUNS NOW! GIVE ME LOTS OF GUNS! ILL BUILD UP A FUCKING ARSENAL AND GO KILL THAT OSAMA MOTHER FUCKER FOR 25 MILLION DOLLARS!!! I DESPISE THIS FUCKING PLACE!!! KILL THEM ALL AND LET SATAN SORT THEIR BITCH ASSES OUT!!!
Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any of you guys seen the Magnum Research One Pro (45 or 400 Corr-Bon)? A smaller gun than the DE. I saw it in a magazine the other day but couldn't find it on the Mag Research website.
Punisher
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't heard of them. Are they Autos or Revolvers?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its a smaller-framed Auto. But I emailed Mag Research and they got back to me quick. Said they arn't made anymore. Too bad, don't know why they're in the recent GUNS magazine then.
Punisher
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They do make Baby Eagles: look like the big bastard but are smaller and lighter...
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I'm familiar with those, this is a different gun though. And its in the current issue of Tactical Handguns, but they say they don't make it anymore ????????
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 5 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is HBAR and HBAR II in respects to Colt AR-15s?
  This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005