Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » General Discussion » Spiteful Machines

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Spiteful Machines
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel like I'm living in my own Maximum Overdrive hell. In two weeks I've had just about every machine that I own spite me. The Yellow truck is surrounded by some EM field that disables ignitions; The Brown van ate two 6 month-old batteries and a starter (and still may not start correctly); The Green tractor rattled apart a hydraulic line; It sounds like someone is cooking bacon on my phone line, and my computer smoked a power supply (at least that’s what I hope it is.) I’m almost ready to move to a mountain shack in Montana...
Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Spitealot
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems to me, that if your focus was on proper maintenance of your
equipment, you would not have these " problems ".....
It's very obvious to me, and just about everyone else, that your lack of
" attention " paid to maintenance, is the root of your " issues....
crying,and caring on about " emf " fields or whatever, only likens you to
that fucking martin fag....remember, " why dont you cry about it! "

Get a grip! What " rational " thinking individual would whine about " emf "
fields...What the hell is this crap???Have the aliens suck the remaining
small percentage of brain out, that you haven't drank or smoked out????

Pfaff, the mother ship is waiting at taco bell for you.... Hurry up!!!
You dont want to keep them waiting!!!

-Sir Spitealot

| Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

test :(
Posting God
Member # 20

Without turning this into another debate forum (Intel vs. AMD, PC vs. Mac, etc), I'd like to reopen this section to discuss computer upgrades and issues, hardware and software. I know there are a lot of us out there that work on these pieces of crap (sorry, opinion) every day, so let's share some experiences...

-P_McCracken

Posting God
Member # 20

And, of course I'll be the first one to bitch:

Soyo System Boards:

I've had a PIII 550 in my system for about 18 months with a 6BA+ system board. It worked great until one day the system board went out. I thought it might be because it got to hot, so I added another fan and ordered a new system board (out of warranty, only about $80)

About three months later the power supply went out. Ok, replaced it ($25.) Shortly after that the system board went out again. This time it's still under warranty, so I send it to the place where I got it. They tell me the manufacturer has discontinued that model and it will take over a month to get a new one. Not wanting to wait a month I order a similar model, 6BA+ III. This is where I start getting pissed off.

The 6BA+ III is essentially the same system board with some added features to support more over clocking and faster Intel processors. I'm not doing any over clocking.

After three separate re-installations of Windows 98 SE and 2000 (four, if you count the current dual-boot install) I'm not able to get this thing to be stable. It will lock up, exit out of IE 5, exit out of games, etc.

So, I just recently received the replacement for the original system board. I just installed it and am re-installing W98. I was able to use sysprep to preserve my install of W2K. We'll see what happens now...

If anyone is going to be building a system, steer clear of Soyo for your system boards. Maybe some of their newer models or models for AMDs are better, but I've had pretty bad luck. Of course, it's probably just me....

Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually use a Soyo with my AMD: no issues yet, but I thought the initial setup to be horseshit compared to others - not intuitive nor self-explanatory (I love reading Tech documents translated from Asian languages; talk about broken ENGRISH)
Posts: 559 | From: Blaine, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mc Kraken...

Did you list that engine on ebay yet?? I saw another one out there go for 180.00 plus shipping... I would get it out there and let it go... that is a fair amount of bling-bling nigga...

Posts: 771 | From: Farmington | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005