Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » General Discussion » ANTHRAX!!!!!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: ANTHRAX!!!!!!
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ITS CONFIRMED!!!!

THERE IS A MAN FROM A SUBURB OF PALM SPRINGS
FLORIDA, IN THE HOSPITAL, WITH ANTHRAX!!!!
TOMMY THOMPSON, HHS DIRECTOR, CONFIRMED THIS
AT THE TOP OF THE HOUR 3:00pm ( central )

HOLY SHIT!!!

Posts: 771 | From: Farmington | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 11 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's begun........
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Trany   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Associated Press

Published Oct 5 2001

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- A 63-year-old businessman has been hospitalized in Florida with pulmonary anthrax, a highly lethal disease mentioned as a possible biological weapon. But U.S. Health Secretary Tommy Thompson said Thursday there is no evidence this case was a result of terrorism.

``This is an isolated case and it's not contagious,'' Thompson said at a White House news conference.

He said such incidents are ``rare, very rare.''

Anthrax has been developed by some countries as a possible biological weapon. But the disease can be contracted naturally; the bacterial spores can be found in soil and are often carried by livestock. Officials said the Florida victim is an avid outdoorsman.

Thompson said the last U.S. case of anthrax was earlier this year in Texas. But that case was not pulmonary anthrax, in which the disease settles in the lungs.

The Lantana, Fla., man, whose name was not released, checked into a hospital on Tuesday and it was initially believed he had meningitis, Lt. Gov. Frank Brogan said. But X-rays and other testing showed that it was pulmonary anthrax. The disease is treated with antibiotics.

Brogan said the man had recently traveled to North Carolina and became ill shortly after he returned. The incubation period for the disease can be 60 days.

Tim O'Connor, spokesman for the Palm Beach health department, said the case is ``very likely'' to be fatal.

Anthrax is a spore-forming bacterium that is especially virulent if inhaled. The disease causes pneumonia. There is a vaccine to prevent the spread of the disease.

All forms are rare, but the most recent cases - including ones in Texas and North Dakota - have been so-called cutaneous cases resulting from handling animals.

During the 20th century, only 18 cases of inhaled anthrax have been reported in the United States, the most recent in 1976.

The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the FBI are investigating.

Trany keeping the nation informned

------------------
24 hours in a day, 24 cans in a case. You do the math

Posts: 740 | From: Tranyland Pending | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dammit Trany - you beat me to the cut n pasteing of that article by about 30 sec!!!

Just a rare case nothing to get excited about.

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 3 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least that's the way it looks now. I bet if they get 2 or three more cases in FL 'ole Jeb will delare a state of emergency (even though FL's been under martial law since 9/7/01 when Jeb signed an EO, YES four days before WTC!! And was the first state to decare a state of emergency on 9/11! http://www.rense.com/general14/jebdeclared.htm )

Why does FL get to be the test bed for so many things? Just wait until Reno is gov there! I guess better FL than the Mall of Africa the day after Thanksgiving!

[This message has been edited by P_McCracken (edited 10-04-2001).]

Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
better to be those ass-holes, then some palce that acctually matters....

for fuck-sake, they cannot even count ballots
in an election correctly...

flush it all away...

Posts: 771 | From: Farmington | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

RARE CASE????

I guess its not so isolated to him....

the spores are found in your nose,
apperently thats where they " swab " you
to see if you are carring anthrax...

the guy who died, had spores all over his
key-pad at his computer.....

so,

can we than deduct that he picked his nose
a lot?

i sure hop this is a "fluke"...

things are sure going to change.

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 12 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe he just sneezed alot. In either case good thing for cubicles and not many open offices anymore.
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well he (the original carrier) has since died and one of his co-workers has now tested positive. The FBI has taken over the investigation. As a side note, you know where these two worked. For the tabloids, I believe its "THE SUN".

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well he (the original carrier) has since died and one of his co-workers has now tested positive. The FBI has taken over the investigation. As a side note, you know where these two worked. For the tabloids, I believe its "THE SUN".

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well.

now that the FBI is in charge, we will get
to the bottom of it.... for sure.

i feel so protected, so safe.

Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 5 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmmmm.....didn't the FBI take over the investigation of flight 800? Weren't they also involved in the Egyptair 990 investigation?

Wasn't it our government that recently suggested that a military mistake could have taken down a commercial jet liner: "Ukraine quickly dismissed American suggestions that the plane might have been hit by an accidental missile strike from the Ukrainian military." REUTERS

Maybe the story is a little bit easier to swollow when it happens in a differenet country...

Go to this site to see information linking attacks all the way back to the early '90's:

http://members.aol.com/bardonia/egyptair.htm

[This message has been edited by P_McCracken (edited 10-10-2001).]

Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

NO THREAT TO DRINKING WATER

brought to you by the FBI!!!

what a crock of shit!!!

like these fuck-heads know what the hell is going on ANYWHERE----EVER!!!

[This message has been edited by cramer (edited 10-10-2001).]

Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a third confirmed case of Anthrax reported from Florida today. It has become a criminal investigation now since this particular strain is similar to one gathered in Iowa in the 40's. They are saying it is possible that a sample of that strain was stolen from a facility there. However, i think this whole story is an over-reaction. Sure, someone may have caused it intentionally, but if it was intended to be a terrorist attack, there would be thousands sick and dying by now.
Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ender, ender, ender....

what makes you " so sure " ?????

please share some of this devine wisdom on
this mere pesant.

Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ender, I like you and your brother so don't think is a personal attack. I couldn't disagree with you more. I have a theory on this one. The spores were sent in a letter. From all the reading I have done on Anthrax it isn't necessarly a very hardy bacteria. So, I think a letter was sent and only those closest to the spores from the letter were infected. I have no doubt that the FBI will find the contact point and that this in fact will be another form of "terror." No way are we taking this too seriously, I believe its been at least 20 years since anyone's died in the USA from Anthrax, and I further understand that this was a vet or someone else that had a high potential for regular contact with it. Just my 2 cents.
Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 3 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES YES YES Mike!

This may have been targeted towards a lot of people, but only attacked a few in a close radius. They may have gotten lucky because it was a strain from the 1950’s which hadn't been engineered to be as hardy or resistant to current antibiotics.

Different news outlets reported that the envelope contained a "soapy" substance.* I believe that this was "auger." Auger is a substance used in petri-dishes to feed bacteria. If you've ever had a culture taken at a doctor’s office (like, for strep throat) you’ve seen red auger in a petri-dish. I believe that the people who were close to the envelope when it was opened, and shortly there after, are the ones that have been infected.

That was just the test…

…it may or may not be coincidental that this strain of anthrax may have come from Iowa, where there just happens to be a number of crop duster aircraft….

….an FBI warning** was released on September 11 (the same day as a Presidential news conference) about a impending terrorist threats…

PAY ATTENTION PEOPLE!

* (NEWSWEEK 10/8/01) - “Several are focusing on a letter that arrived at the company about a week before the Sept. 11 terrorist attack. It was described by sources as a “weird love letter to Jennifer Lopez”—similar, outwardly, to the types of mail the tabloids often get. But inside the oddly-worded letter was what was described as a “soapy, powdery substance” and in the pile of that a cheap Star of David charm.”

** (AP 10/11/01) - “In a stark warning, the FBI said Thursday it has received information there may be additional terrorist attacks inside the United States or abroad in the next several days. The bureau said its information does not identify specific targets, but it has asked local police to be on the highest alert and for all Americans to be wary of suspicious activity.”

Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ITS OFFICIAL!!!

THE FBI SAYS THERE IS NO CONNECTION TO
SEPTEMBER 11TH AND THE ANTHRAX IN FLORIDA!!!

ALL CLEAR!!! GO ABOUT YOUR LIFE!!

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So is this the big retaliation.... Sending some packets of Anthrax around the nation causing panic?

Dosen't seem that serious.... yet

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yep thats right...no big deal....

OTHER THAN THE FACT THAT IT HAS NOT BEEN IN
THIS COUNTRY FOR OVER TWENTY-FIVE FUCKING
YEARS!!!!!! AND NOW IT SEEMS TO BE SHOWING A
PATTERN...BUT NO WORRIES!!! ITS NOT HERE....
YET!

Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

pay no mind to the fact that its in new york,
another media outlet.... i know, just more
crazy, non-sense-based,hystaria driven irrational thinking... so they are passing it along to media people... no connection,
no worries... no big deal...

Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 11 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Don't kill the media-types!!!

Who will brainwash us with biased propaganda??!?

Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

right from the health secretary!!!!!

" NO PROOF WHATSOEVER OF LINK TO TERRORISM"

BOY, I FEEL SAFE NOW!!!

LIKE THESE FUCK-STICKS HAVE A GOD DAMN CLUE!!

" THE CROCK-OF-SHIT OVERFLOWETH "

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 6 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

HERE IS SOME MORE GOOD NEWS!!!

Friday, October 12, 2001
Copyright © Las Vegas Review-Journal

Letter received in Reno may contain anthrax

REVIEW-JOURNAL

Posted 4:05 p.m. PDT

CARSON CITY -- A suspicious letter received at a Reno business today may contain anthrax, and the FBI and state agencies are conducting further testing and investigation, Gov. Kenny Guinn said.

At a 3 p.m. test, the contents of the letter received by the unidentified business had tested "presumptively positive" for anthrax, meaning there is a reasonable belief that the bacteria is present, Guinn said.

Further testing is under way and will be completed no later than Sunday.

"As the governor, I'm pleased to report that our state emergency management system in place worked very well," Guinn said. "The employees in this case also followed the recommended emergency procedures.

"This is a national issue that involves law enforcement at all levels," he said. "The FBI has kept me well informed as these situations have evolved."

Guinn advised all Nevadans to be vigilant in this time of heightened security.

isolated case, i know i know.. no " big deal " and its not " confirmed ".....

WHAT FUCKING EVER!!!

Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so,

how many bio-techs we got in this group???

has anyone thought out the possibility of this shit mutating into some " super-killer "
after its been out in circulation for a while?? i know, just more whacked-out crazy cramer bull-shit... but after 11 sep 01,
who would have thought about any of this shit???

i wonder what the " hot topic " will be
on monday.... or if we will be able to screw
around with these things...

Jomama
Member # 56

Do you want me to address the "mutating" question seriously or you just fuckin around?????

Even the virus/bacteria that we've sort of "Evolved" to be much more resistant from overmedicating of anti-biotics and anti-viral agents has taken 10-25 odd years. They do have very fast life cycles, which is what allows them to evolve into stronger strains so fast. If they're not lying (the govt) about these strains being old, and common, I would expect that these "releases" will remain realitivly uneventfull/unsuccessfull at causing a large-scale exposure. This could be just a test run though, if they've got a "engineered" strain thats potent this could get nasty.
I don't exactly get why they're using Anthrax though?? Its not especially contagious or anything. If they spray a large quantity into the air I could see it being a much bigger problem.

A side note though is that your still partially right. "Mutation" as a rule, is Pre-Adaptive. Which basically means that a biological entity or whatever cant "will" itself in anyway to evolve and that all "evolution" has to pretty much be already in the genetic code. Almost... 99.99999....% of mutation to DNA either does nothing or stops the lifecycle early on..... Very very very rarely a mutation occurs thats benefitial.
But of all the living organism on the planet, Virus and Bacteria (a certain strain which I don't remember) have been seen under laboratory conditions to apparently "preformed" directed Mutation.... I don't remember the case exactly but it was like emersing a virus/bacteria in a foreign enviroment that barely allowed it to survive. And after a long time of exposure (the same/first generation) was able to thrive in it and it had affected its genetic code, an pass it on to the second generation. It was something like that.

I think its equally as likely that this is some wacko here in the states that using this as a opportunity to be the next uni-bomber. But I certainly wouldn't rule out ol Osama and his minions.

Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 11 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard that it was a Microsoft office in NV.

Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
more great news...
i wonder if they will repress this along with so many other things that have shown up....

" lady in bloomington came to ridges E.R. last night to be tested for ANTHRAX!!! seems she recieved a letter with " dust " on it."
just heard that the test came back POSITIVE
on the letter!!!!!

Posts: 771 | From: Farmington | Registered: Oct 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Trany   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been vacinated. If the vacine is worthless and I am exposed to Anthrax then I would be on a 5 day supply of Cipro. Anthrax is treatable if cought early. That is why it isn't very very serious. Now if measles, rhuminoid fever, The plague, and even Ebola, are used as a boilogical weapon. Then you have a very very serious problem. Anthrax is a spore/biotoxin. The others I listed are viruses. Viruses are cross spieces transmitable. To form an analogy of this. I would have Anthrax as a Ford escort. It isn't pretty but it will get you there eventually. Ebola (or any VHF) would be the F'N concoard. A fast, expensive killer. Anthrax is a Bioterrorism weapon, yet it's crude to its counterparts.
Posts: 740 | From: Tranyland Pending | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did the powers that be erase all the posts from today, all of a sudden they're not showing up???
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wasn't me and I doubt my brother knows how to do it.

I am trying to find the posts myself... Lucky I get them in email format or I would have missed all the earlier posts.

Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

I think so, I enjoy the ranting. It might have gotten a little heated.
Jomama
Member # 56

So its not just my end then, your not seeing them either Klaus???
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

I see Cramers from the 13th and then Tranys from early today..... All other forums look normal. I am trying to update the forums from the control panel - if that doesn't work I can cut and paste a new post together with all the earlier posts. Weird...
Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

good, They you might want to remove all incriminating posts by me. I should not type, A: when drunk, B: when sober. Ill have to find a happy medium.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mikey:

Here is what the user posted:

Tranny, if you read my post again you actually agreed with me. I never suggested that Anthrax was this horrible effeciant killing machine. Please go back and read my post again. Maybe I'm not writing plain English or maybe you can't read so well. That was a direct personal attack BTW.

Mikey:

I guess people are content to not want to know what is happening out there unless they are affected directly. It also scares me that some people are not alarmed by this Anthrax "craze". I think that if this "craze" doesn't startle you then we should recall the bombers and recall our troops from Saudi (as that's a main objective of OSAMA) and ask the Taliban to give us a list of all their demands. This should be, and will continue to be the largest news story on the title of every news headline and radio and TV report in my opinion. Also, if people don't read the news reports carefully enough to see the facts of the Anthrax "craze" then they deserve to be terrorized.

Trust me on the fact that the "craze" has made my job hell. I'm sure you can imagine the amount of calls we have been getting about "white powdery substance". In fact I'm sure we (as a police dept.) would be less "inconvenienced" by all these calls if the news was barely reporting on the "craze". But I ask you this; why shouldn't people be careful? Klaus, or Tranny would your opinion change if a family member of yours opened a letter with an unknown substance tomorrow? Do you think it should be a big news story then, even if it were a hoax? Do you think a news story about a hoax would create more fear or calm some down?

How do you think I feel as the first to respond to all these letters at the main post office or to the federal building? Do you think I may have a different perspective? I'm not looking for sympathy, I chose to do the job I do, and I'm proud of it. But, by the fact of my job and the nature of these calls I personally feel at a much higher risk then everyone else on this message board. I don't consider myself scared or terrorized but I am definitely more careful and I am treating these calls as serious. This heightened awareness could very well save my life on one of these calls. So, yes I do want to hear and see about it. And I also want for everyone else to see and hear about it. You all have your thoughts on this and I have mine. I'm not saying your wrong and I'm right, I'm trying to show you another perspective, as I believe I clearly have one.

Trany:

quote:MIKEY:Personally, I think the "media" has acted very responsibly on the Anthrax "craze" (as you refer to it). However, I don't think it is a "craze". I see it as very very serious.

Ok, This is a statement. You state that Anthrax is "very very serious".

quote:Terror is not going away any time soon. Anthrax is only the beginning! If everyone would look at the incredible amount of Anti-American sentiment there is, I think this point would become self-evident. Soon, we will begin to see trains going off their tracks and Stolen Ford Focuses full of bomb crashing into busy areas. I think it is only a matter of time!

Very legitimate. A little paranoid but valid.

quote:This topic is about Anthrax. I agree with you the sky is not falling. However, I think the families of people who are in high-ranking jobs of any sort are currently experiencing a lot of worry. Granted Anthrax is not a very effective killing weapon, but it can kill and that's the point. I appreciate the fact that many are sick of hearing about the Anthrax "craze", but I firmly believe it's necessary for everyone to learn what their enemies are doing to them. There are many people that are sick of seeing the Trade Centers fall. Do people think if they quit watching it, it will go away? Not for at least 100,000 more people that's for sure.

Now you say that anthrax is not that dangerous. Yet you do say that it could be. We are learning that our enimies posses this type of terroristic weapon.

quote:I am not asking that we put Muslims or Arabs into special showers. I am not asking that we beat any for information. I am not asking that we deny any of them food or water. I am only asking that we ship them back to the soil on which they were born. I recently heard the number of Arab-Americans in this country to be 3 to 4 million. The initial cost of sending them back would be high, but in the long-term costs of national security it would be well worth it.

This is just silly.

I stated facts about Anthrax in my post. I also stated that there is no real threat. Yes people will die from Anthrax. It probaly won't be devistating. The mortality rate would be low. This is due to the CDC and other orginizations stock piling Cipro and othe antibiotics. Now in your post you supported the media. hmmmmm, The Zion controlled media that dislikes the Muslims greatly. Why entice the Americans with this threat? To eliminate the Muslims. And personally I am for the showers.

Trany

FLAME FLAME FLAME. Not trying to flame, but you are poorly informned.
quote:Klaus, or Tranny would your opinion change if a family member of yours opened a letter with an unknown substance tomorrow? Do you think it should be a big news story then, even if it were a hoax? Do you think a news story about a hoax would create more fear or calm some down?
As to this, No. I have stated that there is both a vacination and a aggressive treatment for anthrax. I would not feed the media anything to spoon feed the veiwers/readers of there filth. We live in a country that allows us the freedom of speech, yet they filter the truth out of much of it, rendering it tainted shit.

Mikey

I guess that the family of the American Media employee who died would be interested to hear about your magic cures for inhaled Anthrax.

Trany

Get info here @CDC and Our friend Anthrax

Chadwick

I wouldn't say that we have a very good vaccine for anthrax. It will never be avaliable to you or I in the near future or at all in its current form. This vaccine has many problems not least of which is that the company that produces it went bankrupt and is now controlled by the federal government and has not produced any of this vaccine in a couple years. The small stock piles are only avaliable to millitary personel who are being dispatched overseas.

Seccondly the vaccine in its current form at best gives you short term side effects such as pain, sickness, numbness, and a host of other short term prolems. At worst (and in a frighteningly high percentage of people) this vaccine has caused cronic pain and cripling physilogical effects that never go away.

Also the treatments for anthrax are only effective in the early stages of the dissease. So while it is hard to pass this infection around it is also true that we do not have control of it.

Mikey

Well, I guess that because you have been vaccinated then it's really not anything for you to worry about then. I wish I lived in your bubble!

BTW, from my reading the only tests of the Anthrax vaccination has been in lab animals. There isn't any research that I've read that indicates the vaccination will even be effective. Probably though the military has "educated" you that now that you have the vaccination there is nothing for you to worry about. Because I have never read or heard of an incident where the military has lied to its' troops.

Trany

I have been vacinated. If the vacine is worthless and I am exposed to Anthrax then I would be on a 5 day supply of Cipro. Anthrax is treatable if cought early. That is why it isn't very very serious. Now if measles, rhuminoid fever, The plague, and even Ebola, are used as a boilogical weapon. Then you have a very very serious problem. Anthrax is a spore/biotoxin. The others I listed are viruses. Viruses are cross spieces transmitable. To form an analogy of this. I would have Anthrax as a Ford escort. It isn't pretty but it will get you there eventually. Ebola (or any VHF) would be the F'N concoard. A fast, expensive killer. Anthrax is a Bioterrorism weapon, yet it's crude to its counterparts.

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Ya know – this is why I never post my opinions on here…. Mike - I am very alarmed by the thought of Anthrax being sent around in the mail and exposing so many people. I just think that the media is feeding the fire this time. You have to admit that your job isn’t exactly easy now that everyone is reporting strange white substances. Hell, I afraid to go rock climbing because my bag of chalk might create mass panic at the gym

I don’t think anyone should be complacent during these “attacks” – being alert could save your life – but every time someone spills salt on the carpet at a restaurant shouldn’t cause panic, because that’s what they want. I am more concerned about a bombing or other type of terrorism currently. The government not reporting that the MOA was scoped as a possible target, now that concerns me. They probably figured that reporting that would have created panic (and maybe it should). Currently I feel safer opening my mail then going to a mall near my house, but maybe that’s just me.

Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They had something like 12-15 false alarms involving white powder just here in Anchorage over the weekend. I can't even imagine how many total there have been in all major U.S. cities....... It just sucks that people would use this as a opportunity to fuck around.... Things have to be taxing enough on law enforcement without them getting a bunch of bogus calls. And the media certainly perpetiuates it, this is how people who are just fucked up will get publicity and have their 15min of fame (even if it involves Felony charges).....

They (the media) were so news starved before 9/11 (remember Gary Condit, that was the lead story for most the summer). I'm just tired of them reporting (with zest) every false alarm and then downplaying their retraction (or whatever you want to call it when they get it wrong-again). The fact that they will go to press with every rumor without any confirmation doesn't help at all, thats the "Frenzy", thats where the media abandons its professionalism and becomes a liability and not a assest....

Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a theory or two where all the posts went. I'm sure its the same theory Timmy might have
Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005