Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » General Discussion » why am i compelled to stare into the sun, and does anyone else do this same thing ??? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: why am i compelled to stare into the sun, and does anyone else do this same thing ???
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well,

DO YOU???

Posts: 771 | From: Farmington | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ProfBooty
Administrator
Member # 21

Icon 14 posted      Profile for ProfBooty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but only through a #11 welding lens. Otherwise your head will burst into flame and people will roast chickens over it.
Posts: 402 | From: Mpls, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
roast chickens???
Posts: 771 | From: Farmington | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ProfBooty
Administrator
Member # 21

Icon 6 posted      Profile for ProfBooty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's from an old SNL skit when Dana Carvey used to play Grumpy Old Man on the Weekend Update (when it was still Dennis Miller).

"In my day, we didn't have movie pictures. There was only one show in town, it was called stare at the sun. You'd go out in a field and stare at the sun until your eyeballs burst into flame. And you'd say 'oh no, I guess I shouldn't of stared wide-eyed into the blazing sun' but it was too late, your head was on fire and people were roasting chickens over it! That's the way it was and WE LIKED IT!"

Classic SNL.

[This message has been edited by ProfBooty (edited 10-14-2001).]

Posts: 402 | From: Mpls, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"and we used to eat sand -----And WE LIKED IT~!!!!!!"
Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sun sure is bright today, did anyone else notice? I wonder if it is because it is hotter now?
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sir, please don't say bad things about the Sun. The Sun is as much a part of Mother Earth as the Trout Streams and all the little creatures on this wonderful place. Also, in many of your posts I have noticed that your words tend to have anger and violence as an undertone. This does nothing to end world hunger and wars.
As I'm sure your aware an individuals soul purpose in this world is to leave it a better place than one would find it. With this in mind I would appreciate it if you would stop this slanderous campaign against the Sun lighten the tone of your posts some. Oh, and please vote DFL!

Please have a safe and wonderful day.

Enjoy the Sun, it is your friend!

Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IT is UNBELIEVABLY HOT HERE, well, its not hot per-say, but its hot for Alaska in November. The Avg date for first snow in Anchorage is Oct 14th, we're long past that. We've had no snow here, and there's really no snow till you get above 4000ft. It was frigid here this time last year, and we're still in the mid 40's and our daily lows for the last month are above our avg. daily HIGHS for this time of year.

I'm not suggesting ANYTHING cartmen so don't go there, just and observation. [knife]

I won't see the sun for a few more hours so I cant tell if its brighter or not [Roll Eyes] [Wink]

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [jester] Mikey!
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"More proof of global warming"

[ 11-07-2002, 11:14: Message edited by: Klaus ]

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crack_Dealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Klaus:
"More proof of global warming"

Just like how it's unseasonably cold here and we've already had snow 3 times. Good proof for global warming. [Roll Eyes]

Global warming is the biggest fallacy the enviros ever came up with. They just discovered like a month ago the the hole in the ozone is half the size it was just 10 years ago and the thickness of the polar ice caps are increasing in size. I believe the whole thing is cyclical. The earth has probably been getting warm and cold for 10's of millions of years. Or for you religious folks since god created eve from adam, what was that like 4-5000 years ago? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"Rarely has it been so clear how much we, the ordinary people of this country, are better than our rulers. I hope that lesson is not lost on anyone, of any political persuasion."

Posts: 520 | From: Shakopee, MN USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

The Climate WILL CHANGE, its not static and never will be!

There WILL be more glaciations on the planet!

The oceans will rise, the oceans will fall.

Alaska once had dinosaurs. Utah was once a tropical forest with a giant inland sea - its now desert.

The current trend is that the global climate is warming. That doesn't mean you won't have early winters here, or there, or indian summers here or there.

Alaska Glaciers are the smallest they've ever been in know human record, and the rate at which they're receeding is unprecidented (this is something ANYONE can just go look at, not the rate, but the current location vs. previous). Glaciers directly effect weather and snowfall patterns here, just like the lake effect in Utah and Duluth (local to the particular glacier, but some of our glaciers/icefields are bigger than some eastern states)

DID I SAY ANYWHERE THAT WE CAUSED THIS unilaterally ???
NO! [brd] [finger]

[ 11-07-2002, 12:38: Message edited by: Jomama ]

Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Crack_Dealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My point exactly! We didn't cause this, the CURRENT trend is global warming. Now if it is truly cyclical, and by this the cycle might take 10,000 years to complete, we eventually will get back to global cooling and the threat of glaciers taking over.

We might be able to see the movement of the glaciers, but the human record is not very old, so again if this is a cycle we are just on a downswing and all will be good and dandy in a mere couple thosand of years.

[Big Grin] [brd] [finger] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Rarely has it been so clear how much we, the ordinary people of this country, are better than our rulers. I hope that lesson is not lost on anyone, of any political persuasion."

Posts: 520 | From: Shakopee, MN USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
posted by " posting fraud "

" The current trend is that the global climate is warming. That doesn't mean you won't have early winters here, or there, or indian summers here or there."

You DO NOT HAVE A SINGLE SHRED OF TANGIBLE EVIDENCE TO THIS, SO SHUT HE FUCK UP!!!!

You can watch " in search of " with Leanord Nemoy, and they have an episode that goes into great detial of " the comming ice age " so just stop with this shit!!!

There is not any records from the beginning of time, and if YOU want to run off just the last 100 years, that is fine, but I do not buy it for and instant.

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Especially since the earth's cycles of this mater are like closer to 100,000 years anyway arn't they?
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crack_Dealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who knows, but I assume it's longer than written history.

--------------------

Jomama
Member # 56

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

I won't debate the validity of the science with you, if you want to be an O.J. Simpson juror, thats your choice. But there is relatively accurate data going back farther than 100 yrs, look it up yourself if want, if not, I don't care, see: Ice Coring, if you choose not to accept the science, that again, is your choice.

With regard to the glaciers receding, it is based on only a 100+yrs of human record, yes. But if you've ever been at the foot of a glacier, you'd understand better what I'm talking about, they leave specific features behind as they recede called morain's and these are quite obvious and can easily be used to gage a rate of receeding.

Jomama
Member # 56

quote:
Originally posted by Chadwick:
Especially since the earth's cycles of this mater are like closer to 100,000 years anyway arn't they?

Personally, I don't particularly see a true cyclic nature in nature. Its too many variables (but that doesn't make it totally random or unpredictable). Cycles occur for sure, but I've never read any scientific documentation that we're on some strict climatic cycle..............
Its all fluid, never static, and I don't believe cyclic (especially when variables are removed or changed, i.e. species, vegetative compositions of an area, etc.........

Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

I know some of the science behind it, i of course am no expert, but i have read enough and had classes to make an educated opinion regarding it.

I know the glaciers are receding, but it is nothing to be in dire straits about, my belief is that this is part of the cycle and they will come back. Maybe not the extent of the Ice Age, but they will gradually grow in size once the global cooling period of the cycle starts many moons from now.

--------------------

Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

And by the way, have we already seen any traumatic effects from the so called global warming. They talk about all the things that's going to happen(speculation), but do we have any evidence that things have happened besides the glaciers receding.

--------------------

Jomama
Member # 56

quote:
Originally posted by Crack_Dealer:
........but it is nothing to be in dire straits about.....

[Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

No worries if your not refering to me, but did I say or imply in any way that we should be?

Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

No, I'm just talking generally.

--------------------

Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

Only Cartman could start an argument by stating "It's sunny today."

That in itself is funny shit. [lol] [lol] [lol]

--------------------

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jomama:
But if you've ever been at the foot of a glacier, you'd understand better what I'm talking about, they leave specific features behind as they recede called moron's and these are quite obvious and can easily be used to gage a rate of receeding.

HOLY SHIT! I just dont get it then. If glaciers leave a bunch of these things behind as they receed then i don't get why the leftie's/greenies are so concerned about global warming. You would think they would encourage it! Because, if enough of these get left behind thenthen maybe they would win an election!!! [Razz] [Razz] [Eek!] [Eek!] [lol] [lol] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

That is some funny shit. I never realized Chadwick possessed humor. [lol] [lol] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [lol] [lol]

--------------------

Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

quote:
Only Cartman could start an argument by stating "It's sunny today."

That in itself is funny shit. [lol] [lol] [lol]

FINALLY!!!!

at least one person gets it....

Jomama
Member # 56

I knew SOMEONE would key in on that word and change it, nice chad. [Wink] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

Snows of Kilimanjaro......
http://www.cnn.com/20 02/TECH/science/10/17/kilimanjaro.thaw.ap/index.html

The science seems valid, but again, that dosen't mean you (or I) have to support the conclusions based upon the data.....

[ 11-07-2002, 13:42: Message edited by: Jomama ]

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

quote:
[QUOTE]Personally, I don't particularly see a true cyclic nature in nature. Its too many variables (but that doesn't make it totally random or unpredictable). Cycles occur for sure, but I've never read any scientific documentation that we're on some strict climatic cycle..............
Its all fluid, never static, and I don't believe cyclic (especially when variables are removed or changed, i.e. species, vegetative compositions of an area, etc.........

EVERYTHING, in nature is cyclical. Simply because it is governed by the same physics as anything else. It is called harmonics and is the simplified formula for any system. As with anything any outside influence can change the dynamics of the system like frequency/amplitude/andphase. So if that's what you mean by fluidity then you may be right. But even we do not have any ultimate impact on the climactic cycles of the earth. Now the sun going supernova might just cause an "impact". But it would be a VERY cool one. [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

FUCK! Im arguing with someone 3000 miles away about the environment again! Kill me.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow - look at the big brain on Chad!!!!

That post was like 80% buzz words...ding ding ding

What about the "time space continum"?

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Supernova, would be an interesting event.

I don't exactly disagree chad, I'm not a climatologist, and don't know what one would say about longterm cyclic weather patterns.
However,it has been my experience that nature is fluid over time, and not contstrained to just a cyclic nature (mabey I should specify, a strictly identical repeating cycle). In the grand scheme of things I think the fluidity is a larger factor than cycles, because the fluidity is evolution in action.

The best example I have of fluidity is the concept of species. Its a human "idea" or concept in order to easily catagorize the creatures of the planet, but it doesn't really have a true static representation in nature, because nature is always evolving. There wasn't a Wooly mammoth that all of a sudden gave birth to a modern elephant, its always fluid and always changing and never static. Each birth is one step closer to the next evolutionary level regardless of how insignificant the change.

So thats where I don't agree that its strictly a re-occuring cycle, cause if the cycles long term, by the time it cycles around again, the variables have change (or evolved to a diff species, or a exticnt species is replaced by a invasive, etc...), so its not the same cycle anymore?????
Right???

Looking back at this though, we're probably talking about differnt concepts.

[ 11-07-2002, 14:03: Message edited by: Jomama ]

Jomama
Member # 56

quote:
FUCK! Im arguing with someone 3000 miles away about the environment again! Kill me.

[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

Come'on, thats not really arguing is it????

Although I'm sure Klaus would say anytime anybody talks to me its an argument.... [finger] [Wink]

Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

Excerpt from Kilimanjaro article Joe posted:

Lake Chad, for instance, grew until it covered 135,000 square miles, about the size of the present day Caspian Sea. The African lake now is only about 6,500 square miles.

First off very appropriately named, (they could have called it Big Lake Chad). But if history repeats itself Chad's head will shrink to normal size. Maybe that is cyclical in nature also. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

[ 11-07-2002, 14:29: Message edited by: Crack_Dealer ]

--------------------

Jomama
Member # 56

quote:
Excerpt from Kilimanjaro article Joe posted:

Lake Chad, for instance, grew until it covered 135,000 square miles, about the size of the present day Caspian Sea. The African lake now is only about 6,500 square miles.

First off very appropriately named, (they could have called it Big Lake Chad). But if history repeats itself Chad's head will shrink to normal size. Maybe that is cyclical in nature also.

[lol] [lol] [lol] [weep] [lol] [weep] [lol]

Thats just toofuckingfunny B.....

Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

Come'on, thats not really arguing is it????

Although I'm sure Klaus would say anytime anybody talks to me its an argument.... [finger] [Wink]

IT CERTIANLY IS NOT AN EDUCATED EXCHANGE BY EDUCATED PEOPLE....AND YES, YOU ARE ARGUING ON THE INTERNET, AGAIN, SPECIAL OLYMPICS POSTER CHILD...
Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

-

--------------------

Jomama
Member # 56

quote:
IT CERTIANLY IS NOT AN EDUCATED EXCHANGE BY EDUCATED PEOPLE.......
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
Whateverfucknut

[ 11-07-2002, 15:55: Message edited by: Jomama ]

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Well, i certainly didn't know what i was talking about, but when do I?
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

quote:
quote:
IT CERTIANLY IS NOT AN EDUCATED EXCHANGE BY EDUCATED PEOPLE.......
Whateverfucknut
careful jomoma/posting fraud...you are giving martin a run for his money in the crybaby dept...
[weep] [weep] [weep] [weep] [weep] [weep] [weep] [weep]

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

DICK [brd]
  This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005