Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » General Discussion » Kelty Tent Deals

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kelty Tent Deals
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bjergo or anyone else looking for a nice 2 man tent.

I was at sportmart in Roseville today and noticed that just like at the Bloomington store they have several clearance Kelty tents. They have several Kelty Zen tents for $79.

-
 -

And they have 2 Vortex 2 tents for $179.

-
 -

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You realize that first tent is not a freestanding tent.
Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am just passing the info along on the prices - I really don't know anything about the tents.

The Zen looks freestanding to me - notice the poles [Smile]

I personally prefer a 3 pole design minimum with a large vestibule.

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, the zen isn't freestanding. Thats a standard freestanding design. Notice the poles just go over it in two arcs. The two ends have to be staked-out in order for it to add tension and allow those poles to stand up that way (something thats not depicted in the pic, there arn't any poles going the long way to add structure). Just don't buy this style. They're a total pain in the ass, and will never stand up to a real serious wind. The whole point of these it to really shave off pounds.

There is a similar design that is freestanding. But it will have two poles that cross front to rear and one-or-two that arc over the center like the zen. I like that design (from personal experience).

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we went camping together and you woke up with an ass-crack full of my steaming man-mayo, would you tell anyone?
Posts: 559 | From: Blaine, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005