Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » General Discussion » Eagan sued because of dumbass

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eagan sued because of dumbass
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prof was on the department when this happened so he might be able to dispel the rumors..... If I remember correctly this kid was tubbing in the drainage ditch and got sucked in... he wasn't wading [Roll Eyes]

quote:
Woman sues city of Eagan over son's drowning

Associated Press

Published Aug 22, 2002 DRWN22

A woman whose son died two years ago after being swept away by floodwaters is suing the city of Eagan and the Minnesota Department of Transportation.

Linda Haugen is seeking at least $50,000, plus medical, funeral and burial expenses.

The accident happened during a heavy rainstorm in July 2000 when Matt Haugen, 20, was wading in a drainage ditch along Hwy. 13 and was swept into a culvert.

The lawsuit claims that the culvert had a protective grate on one end and that Haugen was swept into the unprotected end and trapped inside by the grate.

[ 08-22-2002, 12:30: Message edited by: Klaus ]

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crack_Dealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say we nominate the retard for the Darwin Award. [demon]

--------------------
"Rarely has it been so clear how much we, the ordinary people of this country, are better than our rulers. I hope that lesson is not lost on anyone, of any political persuasion."

Posts: 520 | From: Shakopee, MN USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 10 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life is dangerous - wear a helmet . . .

. . . in his case he should have been wearing SCUBA gear too . . . [shake]

Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ProfBooty
Administrator
Member # 21

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ProfBooty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know exactly what this guy was doing. There were other kids there and there was an inner-tube sitting on the road when my engine arrived. Either way, he put himself in danger, it was a preventable accident. I can tell you this for sure: he would still have died had there been a grate on the intake side of that culvert. There was about 6+ feet of extremely fast moving water when we got there and were poking around by that opening, almost getting sucked in ourselves. Had there been a grate, he would have been pulled under and pinned against it under water and the result would have been the same. The only way that guy would have survived would be if there was no grate on either side.

The sad thing is, the city will probably pay it just to avoid the bad publicity. It's too bad society has made it so easy for these people to get money they don't deserve.

--------------------
SolRosenberg 60 human warrior
Molloch 51 gnome warlock

Posts: 402 | From: Mpls, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005