Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » General Discussion » Won entry into Pokerstars Sun Tourny

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Won entry into Pokerstars Sun Tourny
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally won an entry into the pokerstars big sunday weekly $500,000 guaranteed prize pool tournement through a satillite. It starts at 3:30 on sunday. The winner usually gets $100,000+ so ive got a chance at some big cash if i get to the final table.

If you want to come check out how im doing at any time, logon to pokerstars (for those of you who dont have it, you would just need to d/l the program in order to watch me, no need to deposit money), go to the tournement tab, then the regular tab, and double click on the 500,000 guaranteed tournement. Look for my name (Ender142) and find which table im at, then click on that table.

Should be fun.... i loose alot of skill from not playing live since i cant read people, but you should see some interesting play none the less. Gonna have to get pretty lucky though to get that far considering the tournement usually has a couple thousand people in it.

[ 10-11-2005, 13:24: Message edited by: Ender ]

--------------------
It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Impressive dude, nice job. I wish I could afford to play the higher dollar tables, seems even on the low buy in for real money people play more loose and bet until the river when they shouldnt be.. [lame] [weep]
Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curious? What was the buy-in on the satallite tourny? and how many people where in it?

I assume you won 1st in the satallite tourny and the purse was just the seat at sundays big tourny??

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well there are a few different satillites to win a seat for the sunday tournement. The one i played in was a $10+1 with rebuys turbo satillite. It was my first time trying it and i actually didnt like it as much because its only 5 min blind rounds instead of 15 min, so it goes faster.

The satillites i do like are:

-$3 buy in with rebuys. There are usually a few hundred people for these and 15-20 spots paid out. I always rebuy right away to double my chips, and i hardly ever go below 1500 again and have to rebuy anymore. ALWAYS add-on during the first break. You get an extra 2000 chips. If you rebuy once and addon, you spend $9, which isnt bad.

-$26+3 buy in satillite. There are no rebuys in this, but its usually a much smaller feild so you have a much better chance of winning a spot. This is probibly your best bet, but slightly more costly.

-400 FPP (Frequent Player Points) satillite. As you play on PS, you earn FPPs. Once you collect enough, you can use them as a buy in to these free-roll satillites to win a seat. 9 spots are paid out. Not as good of a chance, but its free.

The way satillites work is as many spots as possible to the target tournement (the one your trying to win a seat to) are paid out. So, since the target tournement is a $215 buyin, a spot is paid out for every $215 in the satillite prize pool. In the one i played in, the top 19 people won seats in the target tournement out of about 130. I was like 4th in chips once we got down to 19 people, but then the tournement just ends and those 19 people win seats.

[ 10-12-2005, 12:42: Message edited by: Ender ]

--------------------
It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flamingoamyjo
Posting God
Member # 93

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flamingoamyjo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet, now I have to go win a seat and sit to your left and i'm golden! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
(btw, I ended up getting first Monday!)

--------------------
Clinton '08!!!!
 -

Posts: 211 | From: Shakopee, MN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005