Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » General Discussion » F*** Comcast!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: F*** Comcast!
Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trany   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to burn down both of these shit headed company's.
Comcast is the biggest pile of shit heads on the face of the earth, I ordered the phone, cable, and HSI package with comcast. The phone was no problem, The cable and HSI though was a major task for these devry tech alumni. The install was scheduled from 5-7 pm, the tech came at 8:45, OK, but the kicker was when he told me that the house was not properly wired for cable. He said, "I am getting a tone(with the toner on the main feed) but you have no signal to your home." He then insisted on getting access into the buildings fire sprinkler control room. He then stated there was nothing he could do until he had access, so I rescheduled. After talking to the association they said that only the fire marshal and management company ever needed access into the fire sprinkler control room.

The first call to comcast, I call and give them my account info and they inform me that the account number and address don't match to what I gave them? I ask and it turns out that the tool I set my service up with miss keyed a bunch of stuff and I had to spend 30 mins dealing with the billing people just to get the correct info for my account. Then I inform them of the situation with the installer and they note it in my account.

The second call, so by now I have waited 1 week for my cable and HSI, the new tech comes and is lightning fast, I mention to him the issue with the previous attempt and he refers to the tech as a retard. This validates my comcast = special educated employees theory. He hands my my cable remote and HSI install kit, and is off. The cable is fine, the modem however is fucking jacked. I disable all anti spyware, popup and firewall shit, make my machine open to anything and run the disc. Lockup, when it tries to detect my modem? it was just installed. The call is to a level one call desk. The guy informs me that the server that handles the validation is undergoing an update? Monday night at 8:30, OK. he advises me to try again in an hour.

Call 3, 9:30 pm Monday night, I get farther in the validation process, it lets me select my user name and PW, then crashes with an error, ...call comcast... Again I call comcast and am informed that there server is undergoing an update. " I know update means is broken and we don't know how to fix it yet". This time I am redirected to a level 2 call guy who informs me that the server has flagged me and quarantined my user info and has locked my modem out of comcasts service because they have some shitty buggy software. I am given a trouble ticket number and go on my merry way.

Call 4 Tuesday.
same server is updating, I inform the woman this time that I was told that there program is shitty, and this has been two days of crap. She informs me that this is a common problem with the software. and yet another ticket is opened.

Call 5 Wednesday.
Same as before, I did make two calls and just simply asked if comcast could call me when they figured out how to install a modem, she said that it would be the standard hour or two until the server was updated and it should be ready.

Call 6 Thursday,
Finally I got it working, it took me asking the call be escalated immediately, I simply stated the facts of there poor customer service and the fact that there server has been updating for a week with no changes in status. This was an engineer I am guessing by the info he was asking me, but he forced comcast to recognize my modem and away we were, now I just have to call the billing department and raise some hell.

Posts: 740 | From: Tranyland Pending | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't had any problems with Comcast strangly enough. I did swap out the modem the "rent" you for a motorola surfboard that is about $30 at Best Buy.

After your signup special runs out in 6 months or so make sure to call them and mention their rates.... they will give you another special deal. I get my $130 a month bill down to $80 by doing this every couple months.

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trany   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice, thanks for the tip, I have to call them and bitch about the almost two weeks of bull shit.
Posts: 740 | From: Tranyland Pending | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005