Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » General Discussion » Starting a new guild

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Starting a new guild
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since we lost all our WoW information for the time being (would really suck it it was perminant), I thought i would start a new thread concerning the current situation with forming a new guild. We need a place for people like Mozz, Zaul, and the NoX leader Kabouter to post their thoughts.

Basically here is what we talked about yesterday:

-Onegative will not in any way comprimise or come to terms with Zaulsiin, and we dont think Zaulsiin deserves this mistrust. Its hopeless, which is sad because if they did we could simply reform MGS. Otherwise, i dont really see the point of remforming it unless these 2 came to an agreement.

-We have descided that we dont want to start over again with Onegative still leader, or under the MGS name. His idea of claiming total ownership over his guild, while understandable considering it predates this game (as far as the name goes and his leadership under that name) interferes with making fair and non-impulsive descisions simply to "protect his guild". I really think the whole idea of total ownership gets in the way of managing a guild. In our case, it would be a joint ownership, even though Klauso would be guild leader in game.

-If we dont include oneg in the leadership, there is an off chance that Zaul would help us, either indirectly or directly. The question is if he would want to consider himself the sole leader or owner of a guild like Oneg did, or if he would simply want to contribute.

-Mozz is with us, whatever we do. That makes 3 former leaders of MGS starting something toghether, which may be very convincing to former members.

-We need to start building our player base by inviting people to OIL and have that act as a member sink. Whether we keep that name or not isnt as important as pooling the members in that want to be involved in this new guild with us. So we need to start messaging people in game what we are doing and who is involved (the dedicated people).

-We will need vent and forums setup, which klauso is working on. I would be more than happy to contribute towards paying for the vent server. But ive never designed a website before so i dont know how helpful i would be with that. I do expect to have moderation privledges of the forums though because im pretty good at that (was a forum moderater for several game organizations in NWN on Avlis).

Anyways, thats the plan. I think we need to have a serious talk with Oneg now that we have kinda finalized this and tell him our intentions. Feel free to add anything i missed.

--------------------
It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Move and combine with to do list....
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are we going public enough to post recruitment on Sargeras forums?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BoondockSaint:
Are we going public enough to post recruitment on Sargeras forums?

no
Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vent Server is up

Hostname/IP: silence.pure-voice.net - (147.202.33.138)
Port: 3322

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have given Mozz admin on the vent server since he knows how to set it up. I also invited anyone who would like to use the vent server to do so. This includes Heavens etc. Please be respectful of everyone.

I paid for the higher codex so it sounds really good. The server is located in Iowa so there should be good ping for most everyone (sorry Joe).

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Klauso. We should make it a habit to just be in vent when we are on from now on. Can you setup a vent channel that is password protected so that we can enter it when needed to discuss privte issues? It would be nice if we had one ready to go...

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do we have the ability to kick people off vent? I dont want to have to do it but remember the marble mouth that was shooting his mouth off to callia and just about everyone else last night.

[ 12-07-2005, 12:13: Message edited by: Chadwick ]

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, we should take turns paying the monthly fee.

I'll take February!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Yes, people can be kicked off vent or global muted. But this is not something I think we should do a lot of unless needed at this point.
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

You have to agree that guy needed to be kicked last night.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005