Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » General Discussion » Name

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Name
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did a quick search on "The Order" and there are about a bazillion (13 pages) of guilds with the name "The Order" in them.

I suggest something about the military (watch, Shadow will call me a homo) but I suggest something using Battallion, Brigade, Regiment, Platoon, even Squad...

Guild rank could be straight out of the book...Private, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, etc.

Just thoughts...light em up. [lol]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BoondockSaint:
(watch, Shadow will call me a homo)

mabey... but I def will

HOMO

and

yer gay!

No, no, no, and no [Razz] [Wink]

you can call me the creativity nazi if you want.....

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And your suggestion is....?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My other guild name post got Baleted!

Some fun names I like [Wink]

The Angry Beavers
Apocalyptic PWNIES!
The Riders of Lohan (LOL)
Ding Fries are Done!

Now for some more serious names
I like
Legion of xxxxxxxx (doom, darkness, Light, destruction, might etc.)
Knights of xxxxxxx
Or how about a single word names like
Relentless
Legendary
Legendkillers

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hauserdaddy:
I like
Legion of xxxxxxxx (doom, darkness, Light, destruction, might etc.)
Knights of xxxxxxx
Or how about a single word names like
Relentless
Legendary
Legendkillers

25 pages of guilds named "Legion of"

17 pages of "Knights of"

I wouldn't mind a one word name, but nothing childish like N00bKillaZ!!!111 or some stupid shit. [lol]

I think we could find a good one from the Magic the Gathering lore...

--------------------
 -

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like "Total NonCompliance"
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Relentless NonCompliance ? (RNC)
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought of some more recently:

Exalted Avengers (i like this one alot)
Knights of Virtue
Virtuous Champions/Guardians/Heros
Vindication
Sanctus Luminarium (holy light in latin)

I also do like OIL, and we could keep that.

--------------------
It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually like just plain old "NonCompliance" or NC for short?

the ones I threw up yesterday that are now missing, was a twist to one of Ix's names...
"Corvus Corax" is the genus & species of the Raven. It just happens to be one of my favorite latin names for critters.

I liked the latin theme so found a translator...

Amicitia = friends...

and random others I threw in there..

persevero = to continue or perservier
infinitas

resiliance came to mind

I think this should be up to some vote in the end, mabey try to include more people for lots of input.. We should just keep OIL for the moment imo.

translator if you want to check it out http://www.tranexp.com:2000/Translate/result.shtml

[ 12-07-2005, 13:48: Message edited by: Jomama ]

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know about NonCompliance. Thats kinda just "our" thing, and this guild will be including alot of people we dont really know. It would also show that this guild is mostly controlled by us, which isnt what you wanted Joe.

But, if Klauso likes that then i say go for it. I really like Exalted Avengers, or some latin name, like the one joe or i gave.

--------------------

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

I actually like OIL alot more now that i think about it, just because of the shore name "OIL". It seems like that always helps with publicity of a guild if there is a memorable short name, like GoDS, DV, IO, etc...

--------------------

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 10 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like oil alot more if it didn't stand for order of inner light... [lol]
Dyv
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We couldn't come up with anything else when we were creating it, so we ripped off a guild that Nightowl was in when we played a mud a long time ago.

I definitely think if we change, it needs to be something that's memorable, or can be shortened into something memorable, like "OIL"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Was thinking about gathering all these people together, a lot who we know a little, but now may get to know much better... We should def vote AFTER we get some people in, make it a group thing for fun and such [Big Grin]

throwing one more in the hat too

The Founders

Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crack_Dealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's my latin choice:

Subitus Dolus Ruina = Sudden Guild Destruction
Venatus Absentis Torva = Gamers Gone Wild
Ding! Amicus es Perfectus = Ding! Fries are Done

[ 12-07-2005, 20:07: Message edited by: Crack_Dealer ]

--------------------
"Rarely has it been so clear how much we, the ordinary people of this country, are better than our rulers. I hope that lesson is not lost on anyone, of any political persuasion."

Posts: 520 | From: Shakopee, MN USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

quote:
Originally posted by Crack_Dealer:
Ding! Amicus es Perfectus = Ding! Fries are Done

[lol]

--------------------

ProfBooty
Administrator
Member # 21

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ProfBooty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's funny shit but how is there a Latin word for "fries"???

--------------------
SolRosenberg 60 human warrior
Molloch 51 gnome warlock

Posts: 402 | From: Mpls, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crack_Dealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure, but the translator made one up...must mean little cut up potatoes deep-fried.

--------------------
"Rarely has it been so clear how much we, the ordinary people of this country, are better than our rulers. I hope that lesson is not lost on anyone, of any political persuasion."

Posts: 520 | From: Shakopee, MN USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005