Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » General Discussion » Vent/Chat Rules

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vent/Chat Rules
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here were the rules that i posted on the MGS boards reguarding vent and chat. Ive removed some parts that dont apply.

Ventrillo:

-If you have a problem with someone on vent it is your own responsability to mute them on your end. If you are not an officer or the raid leader, you do not need to hear everyone and you may mute anyone who bothers you or makes MC any less enjoyable. You, however, are not allowed to mute officers or the raid leader, but will be gaurenteed that they will be focused on the instance and not a distraction.
-Raid leaders and officers wont mute people on their end since they need to hear everyone. Also, they will not be using global mutes much.
-Raid leaders and officers will be allowed to declare times of silence, with only urgent raid related comments being made. At these times CASUAL chat will be forbidden. People found in violation of this will be warned the first time, then swiftly kicked from the raid and banned from the vent channel if it happens again. These AUTOMATICALLY start at the beginning of all boss fights or after a wipe and do not end until the boss is dead OR an officer indicates it is acceptable to begin chatting in vent again.
-Otherwise, you are free to talk in a non-yelling voice in vent so long as you respect others and do not cut people off. If your mic is loud or has a lot of feedback you will be warned and then globally muted if it comes in the way of keeping the raid moving.

Raid Chat:

-Raid chat will from the start of the raid on be used SOLEY for anything pertaining to the raid. For instance, buffs are to be called in raid chat as well as questions/ comments that are not suitable for vent or if the person is unable to talk in vent.
-Because most people have /yell and /say channels and emotes in the same window as raid chat, we want to keep excessive spam out of those channels as well in order to be able to see raid chat messages clearly. You can still use them, just dont spam.
-The punishment for excessivly spamming in raid, yell, say, or emotes will be a warning and 1dkp deduction for the first offense, 10dkp deduction second offense, and on the third you will be kicked from the raid.
-After taking away raid chat, it is only fair to give another medium for expression, thus we will designate a channel named "" as a place to chat freely in game and during ventrillo silence. That, as well as guild chat, is free to be spammed.

Also, if you are kicked from the raid for any reason, eiher misusing vent or raid chat, you will not be allowed to join the raid for the next week.

[ 12-07-2005, 15:13: Message edited by: Ender ]

--------------------
It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a thought, but do we want to say anything about talking in General chat?

I think we should be a guild that does not spam General, but that's just me...

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, i dont really care unless people are getting themselves banned because of it. If not over-used, saying HIO in gen chat i thought was actually kinda fun. And you can always turn it off if you want to concentrate.

--------------------
It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kyrillian
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think people need a place to act out and have their kind of fun. While spamming general might not be our idea of fun, it might be for someone else. I know by the end of some of those 6 hour MC raids I'm needing a little stress release.

My point is we need to keep some avenue open for people to do that, and I don't think anyone wants them doing it in vent. It's easier to /leave general than it is to alt+tab, right click, mute user.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005