Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » General Discussion » National Do Not Call for Cell Phones

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: National Do Not Call for Cell Phones
flamingoamyjo
Posting God
Member # 93

Icon 4 posted      Profile for flamingoamyjo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a Reminder---- THE FIRST WEEK OF JANUARY, ALL CELL PHONE NUMBERS
ARE BEING RELEASED TO TELEMARKETING COMPANIES AND YOU WILL START TO
RECEIVE SALE CALLS........YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS......

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:
888-382-1222. It is the National DO NOT CALL LIST. It will only
take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for 5 years.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS OR GO TO:
http://www.donotcall.gov/

--------------------
Clinton '08!!!!
 -

Posts: 211 | From: Shakopee, MN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the heads-up. I forgot to do our cell phone last time...

Brent

Posts: 559 | From: Blaine, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/business/a/cell_directory.htm

According to this you can not add Cells to the Do Not Call Registry.

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you seeing something I'm not?

"In any case, the Federal Trade Commission does allow cell phone users to add their numbers to the National Do Not Call Registry — the same one already in force for landlines — either on the Web or by calling 1-888-382-1222.

Contrary to what some variants of the email rumor claim, there is no 31-day or December 15 deadline for adding cell phone numbers to the Do Not Call list — indeed, there is no deadline whatsoever. "

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flamingoamyjo
Posting God
Member # 93

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flamingoamyjo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I called and added mine, is specifically state you had to be calling from the cell phone you wanted removed.
Posts: 211 | From: Shakopee, MN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005