Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » Site of the Day » Election 2004 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Election 2004
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Statement from John Zogby on 2004 Presidential Election Results:

“We feel strongly that our pre-election polls were accurate on virtually every state. Our predictions on many of the key battleground states like Ohio and Florida were within the margin of error. I thought we captured a trend, but apparently that result didn’t materialize.

“We always saw a close race, and a close race is what we’ve got. I’ve called this the Armageddon Election for some time—a closely-divided electorate with high partisan intensity on each side."

www.zogby.com

----------

I think that'll be the last time this site is considered a credible source...

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya, it did seem over the top from the start, you would think after doing the same thing in 2000 as Klaus pointed out they would fix their "system" [Confused] [shake] Mabey its just the nature of the beast?

You guys made it later than I did. 1am your time. I think 2 of the networks had called Ohio at that point... NBC wasn't gonna call shit, I just don't think Brokaw would stick his neck out again...

I don't see a 4 million people difference as some landslide tho (difference in popular vote).... The divisivness will continue and worsen now.. Bush doesn't have to worry about re-election now... think he'll rein in his "agenda"??
Welcome to the United Corp States of America (pat. pend.)... [Roll Eyes] [brd]

If anything I think these last two elections clearly indicate a need to revamp the election process... At least make it uniform from state to state, make the electoral votes a little more representative of the Popular vote (Did Colorado pass that initiative?)...

For Posterity
 -

[ 11-03-2004, 11:56: Message edited by: Jomama ]

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bottom line: The Democrats screwed themselves in the ass by picking an incompetent candidate. Otherwise, this election wouldnt have even been close.

One thing to look forward to: stability. If Kerry was elected, the Democrats would spend a year just shuffling shit around in the white house to try to make sure Kerry would be re-elected 4 years later.

--------------------
It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I weep for the future. [weep]
Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to admit how impressed I was with the ability for the Dem's to motivate so many people to vote for them.

Everyone knows how weak Kerry was, and how obvious it was that his campaign was basically the "What did Bush say? I stand for the OPPOSITE!" (yaaayyy...)

But the fact that they almost won is...well it's quite a statement to the strength of old W... [Roll Eyes]

I forsee...more WAR!

Anyway, it's over, it's done, and I sincerely hope that Guliani runs in 08', or we'll have another Clinton debacle on our hands...

[crazy]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I voted in the back room of a firehouse...
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Mine was a small church...across the street from my house. [Big Grin]

--------------------
 -

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jomama:

I LOVE PUPPIES!

[ 11-03-2004, 12:15: Message edited by: BoondockSaint ]

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

quote:
Originally posted by Chadwick:
quote:

I LOVE PUPPIES!
Asswipe [brd]

[ 11-03-2004, 12:58: Message edited by: Jomama ]

Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Anyway, it's over, it's done, and I sincerely hope that Guliani runs in 08', or we'll have another Clinton debacle on our hands...

He would be stupid not to. Guliani would win by a landslide over any other dumbass fair-whether hippie bastard the Democrats dig up next time.

I would vote for him any day.

--------------------
It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ender:
...any other dumbass fair-whether hippie bastard the Democrats dig up next time.

Um...I don't think they have to dig much.

Isn't Hillary slated for '08?

(Chad & Joe, I'm just messing with you) [Wink]

[ 11-03-2004, 12:25: Message edited by: BoondockSaint ]

--------------------
 -

Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trany   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
W! [Big Grin]
Posts: 740 | From: Tranyland Pending | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Boon. Even if you are kidding. Editing people's post other than your own is not a road you want to go down....it's not even funny...think next time...
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Boon. Even if you are kidding. Editing people's post other than your own is not a road you want to go down....it's not even funny...think next time...

Yeah, yeah.

I just like how this hasn't resorted to name calling yet. [Wink]

Go ahead if you want to [argue]

--------------------
 -

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Klaus,

How did Eric end up with moderator privlidges on almsot all the topics? [Confused]

Is he donating money to the website or something? [Confused]

Moderators on other forums are frustrating enough. I don't need a friend doing my thinking for me also... [Roll Eyes]

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Colorado did not vote for the spliting of Electoral votes.

You can make a case that in 2000 it didn't jive (electoral vs popular) but this year I don't think you can. Bush got 51% of the vote. Clinton never got over 50%. There is a reason for the electoral college and I think it works pretty well.

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a joke.

Eric likes to get emails of each post because his internet usage is tracked at work. The only way to do this is to make him a moderator of each forum.

He won't do it again...... (right Eric [Wink] )

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 10 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[pointedstick] [Big Grin]

[ 11-03-2004, 12:45: Message edited by: Chadwick ]

Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trany   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BoondockSaint:
quote:
Originally posted by Ender:
...any other dumbass fair-whether hippie bastard the Democrats dig up next time.

There now it's funny.

I am amazed at the lack of support for Nader and other canidates. The bleeding hearts found a common ground, with the Kerry, and his extreemism.

And Florida should loose all but three of its electoral votes, They almost fucked up again. You had 4 years to get it right, give em to Montana or Alaska.

Posts: 740 | From: Tranyland Pending | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

quote:
Originally posted by Klaus:

Yeah, yeah. [weep]

--------------------
 -

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

quote:
quote:

Yeah, yeah. [weep]
No offense Eric I just wanted to throw you some bonus spite. [Wink]
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, yeah. [weep]
No offense Eric I just wanted to throw you some bonus spite. [Wink]
None taken, I figured that's what it was. [Smile]

You do love puppies, though. [lol]

--------------------
 -

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

quote:
quote:
quote:

I LOVE PUPPIES!
Asswipe [brd]
Soooooo.....you don't like puppies?
flamingoamyjo
Posting God
Member # 93

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flamingoamyjo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

[ 11-03-2004, 14:52: Message edited by: flamingoamyjo ]

--------------------
Clinton '08!!!!
 -

Posts: 211 | From: Shakopee, MN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

quote:
Originally posted by flamingoamyjo:
[Big Grin]

Nice sig! [lol] [lol]

--------------------
 -

Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Female President

[Roll Eyes]

[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

According to Dick Morris' book "Re-writing History" - Bush winning is the first step in her 2008 plan. Next is for her to continue to re-make her image. If you haven't noticed she has been toned down and very civil over the last two years. Then she will launch her attacks at the Republicans about 2 years from the next elections. So far everything is going according to plan........
Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

Wow, that will keep the GOP untill 2012 atleast.

Get Oprah, Lieberman, or Michale Moore's Fat ass(his overinflated ego will be his fat ass's runningmate) or just try to find a Jew,Chick,fill in the blank with any disfunction to run, and draw all the Leftwing freaks out of their fragile worlds. Then we can sit down and decide how to speend billions of dollars on worthless handouts. I want more racial equality and bleeding bloody cunt day to celebrate minorities and menstral bleeding. Then we will break up all of the large companys because your fucking head shop can't sell enugh bongs, for you to super size you fries when you have smoked one to many bowls of the kindest nuggs.

Then you can get in your ethanol powered Kia and drive, 40MPH untill you get stuck in trafic due to the overwhelming migration of cows that have been freed from their cruel pens. But you can't kill a fucking cow, nope its a strict diet of tofu and organic veggies.

-

Jomama
Member # 56

.... and the "Unification" begins..... [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

real suprised at the divided electorate with crap like this out there.... [Roll Eyes]

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

This is a quote I have heard a number of times. One encouraging thing about this election is that it is tending towards the other dirrection....

End of Culture
How does a culture end? Here's one answer, rooted in all the history of all the world's known past cultures.
Short and Sweet: We're on our way out as a culture.
At about the time our original 13 states adopted their new constitution, in the year 1787, Alexander Tyler (a Scottish history professor at The University of Edinborough) had this to say about "The Fall of The Athenian Republic" some 2,000 years prior.
"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by a dictatorship."
"The average age of the worlds greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:
From Bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage."
Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning the most recent Presidential election:
Counties won:
Gore = 677
Bush = 2434
Population of counties won by:
Gore=127 million
Bush=143 million
Square miles of land won by:
Gore=580,134
Bush=2,427,039
States won by:
Gore=19
Bush=29
Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by:
Gore=13.2
Bush=2.1
Professor Olson adds:
"In aggregate, the map of the territory Bush won was mostly the land owned by the tax-paying citizens of this great country. Gore's territory encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off government welfare..."
Olson believes the U.S. is now somewhere between the "apathy" and "complacency" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy; with some 40 percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

That Is why I belive it is social posion to have dems in power. I ended up voting for bush mainly because of Ideas like this. Bush may not be the best in reducing government but he is leages better than any democrat.

[ 11-03-2004, 16:40: Message edited by: Chadwick ]

Jomama
Member # 56

Ya, and running up the deficit in 4 yrs like he has, and giving tax cuts during a war, isn't at all "fiscally loose" [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] what the fuck ever....

I agree, I saw that last christmas, we're around the apathy stage, but don't see how we're at all protecting ourselves from this cycle, or how this vote does... (well it makes sense if you believe the dogma/rhetoric of the two parties, which is nothing more than a bunch of nebulous mudslinging)
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Once again the spin master picks two words and uses them in his own sentence. [shake]

Joe why don't you explain to me how Kerry would have been any kind of a solution to all this while moving us away from the kind of social demise outlined below.

Do you actually think that democrat policy in its current form will end up in any other end but society colapsing under it's own overinflated weight due to the ever increasing ranks of leaches and takers in this country.

I love how you try to spin it to make it seam like bush made tax cuts durring the war. NICE TRY.

Just exactly what would you do to avoid a total economic downturn while rasing taxes durring a war.

Kerry would not have "fixed" anything only made it all worse. Kerry proposed no solutions to any of the problems facing america. THAT IS WHY HE LOST. If a democratic canidate would have ran on balancing the budget by reducing government And proposed feasable solutions to all this while still maintainging our economy I would have voted for them in a heart beat.

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Any economist worth anything will tell you that some budget deficit is needed to improve a slow economy.
Jomama
Member # 56

As I said before [Roll Eyes] , I was firing Bush!!! not on rhetoric, not on Dogma, but on the basis of the actions of Him and His Administration. Hmmmm...I remember some old saying about "Actions not Words? From the Environment to Foreign Policy, he is not the person he claimed to be in the 2000 campain. I gave him 4 yrs, (I didn't vote against him) and he failed me in every way. He had the opportunity to be the uniter he claimed to be [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] oh well, guess I won't make that mistake again with the GOP or NeoCons...

I didn't let Gore define Bush in 2000 just like I didn't let Bush define Kerry in 2004.

Kerry is/was not hog-tied to the Democratic Platform (since when is ANY individual TIED to their party platform????)..... And he actually seemed capable of critical thinking unlike the incumbant Monkey-In-Chief... So ya, if a monkey in a expensive suit deserved the benefit of doubt 4 yrs ago, I had no problem giving a career senator the same benefit (I'm sure you'll somehow belittle/disdain his role as a senator, or "spin" using GOP talking points about what he did and didn't do there, but none of that realisitcally captures the role of a senator in this country... [Roll Eyes] )

Sorry, but I think its ridiculous to think that with Kerry as prez the whole country would of just fallen to pieces, particularly given the outcome of the Senate/House races [Roll Eyes] now THATS! being a drama queen  - .

So, whatever, I know nothing about anything according to you, so why do you bother asking? [Roll Eyes]

[ 11-03-2004, 17:51: Message edited by: Jomama ]

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

So if Bush is a monkey? What does that make Kerry? Bush has a higher IQ then Kerry.
Jomama
Member # 56

Since its became evident that my arguably moderate viewpoint continues to be relagated and generalize into me somehow being a "uber" liberal, I might as well play the role, and have fun with it... I'll prolly be censored, because you cant say asswhipe, but you can have henious racist sexist crap everyother day from some friggin cook [Roll Eyes]

So heres the PinkoCommieJomama you always claimed I was....

This is fucking great [brd] [lol] [lol] [lol]
http://politics.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=128305&cid=10711154

ATTN: 51% of voters
RE: you being gormless, easily duped intellectual dungheaps

Just wanted to establish that whatever fucked-up shit comes down on all of our heads over the next four years...it's all your fault.

I am no longer blaming Bush or Cheney or Karl Rove or anybody else in the NeoCon coven. You can't blame them for being evil, hateful warmongering fuckshits any more than you can blame a gun for shooting bullets. But YOU ASSHOLES let them get away with it for four more years.

A tidal wave of blood coming down on us all from the next terrorist disaster? YOUR FAULT.

Military draft stealing away the lives of an entire generation of young Americans (and then some)? YOUR FAULT.

Perpetual wars in the Middle East making Orwellian nightmares seem like tinkertoys in the sandbox? YOUR FAULT.

A ruined economy and ecology, a Constitution left in tatters, a tyranny of wealthy white "Christians" who are anything but? YOUR FAULT.

The rest of the world abandoning us when we'll need it most (and don't say it won't happen)? YOUR FAULT.

Future decades upon future decades spent living down Bush's legacy and repairing the damage to the country and the world? YOUR FAULT.

Making this planet a less prosperous and peaceful place in which to raise my future child? YOUR FUCKING FAULT, YOU FUCKING FUCKING CUNTING FUCKS.

I hope you're quite pleased. I hope you enjoy the tax cuts and the military dick-waving and the surge of pride you must feel when Bush stands in front of a flag he has never for a moment of his life defended. I wish you all a free copy of "My Pet Goat" and a frosty flagon of the blood if Iraqui innocents. Drink fast, it gets warm so quickly.

Just remember, when you and I are both up against the wall, the last thing you'll see before we're both shot in the head is my finger raised in accusation against you. And it won't be my index finger.

Drop me if you want. Hate me if you want. I don't give a shit. Fuck all 'yall. [brd]

Jomama
Member # 56

quote:
Bush has a higher IQ then Kerry.

Pfffftt [Roll Eyes]

edit: Oh, that was a joke right... srry forgot to laugh [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

[ 11-03-2004, 18:02: Message edited by: Jomama ]

Jomama
Member # 56

So proud to be part of this electorate [Roll Eyes]

-

flamingoamyjo
Posting God
Member # 93

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flamingoamyjo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What bearing does that have on anything?? What's your IQ?? How does anyone even know what Bush and Kerry's IQs are? And Bush is STILL a born-again-Christian monkey with a former cocaine addiction.

--------------------
Clinton '08!!!!
 -

Posts: 211 | From: Shakopee, MN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flamingoamyjo
Posting God
Member # 93

SOooooo, Kerry wants to raise taxes, oh my. Bush wants to ban gay marriage, oh my. Bush wants to stop women from having abortions, oh my. Kerry wants to give us affordable health care, oh my.

A monkey licking his own balls could be a better president than Bush. [demon]

--------------------
Clinton '08!!!!
 -

This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005