Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » Site of the Day » Election 2004 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Election 2004
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a few. Funny there different last I looked.

Prediction Links:

Electoral Vote Predictor 2004 [link] [mirror 1] [mirror 2]
Zogby's Election 2004 [link]

[pointedstick]

[ 11-03-2004, 08:33: Message edited by: Klaus ]

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I remember on the last election that there was a Minnesota site where somewhat real-time results were posted. Does anyone know where that is?
Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I just needed to look a little harder:

http://electionresults.sos.state.mn.us/ElecRslts.asp?M=S&R=ALL&P=A

Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice. Looks like they updated the site over the last election.
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Slate is tracking exit poll data in those "battleground" states.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2109053/

I had to wait awhile for it to actually load.

[ 11-02-2004, 16:52: Message edited by: Jomama ]

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Zogby has updated based on their exit poll data.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like Kerry has it wrapped up. Hopefully, they can call the election by... what 10pm?
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Shiet... Despite the exit data, if they have it wrapped up by the 11th I'll be pleasantly surprised. I think they said Ohio doesn't even have to report their vote-count until then.

But I'm sure most people would be very relieved (on both sides) to have some idea by tomorrow that at the least we're not gonna have a repeat of 2000....

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 8 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is going to be a worse legal mess than 2000. [shake] Not something I want, but with both sides having thousands of lawyers at the ready it is bound to be a total cluster fuck. [brd]
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

quote:
Originally posted by Chadwick:
It is going to be a worse legal mess than 2000.

Only if its truely close. Watch what happens with Ohio, that will be this years Florida if it happens.
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or Maine...

Isn't one county the difference between 3 electoral votes?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it is bound to be as close or closer than 2000.
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Joe's right Ohio is the key - whoever wins that will probably win the election.

I just want a clear winner - lets not get the laywers involved this time [Smile]

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have also been hearing and reading about ohio but florida has fixed near nothing in 5 years from what it sounds like. I think everyone hopes that it will not be close.
Jomama
Member # 56

The "too close to call" state's.

Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia (significant electoral votes, once these are decided it'll be over)

and Colorado & Nevada (but they have significantly less Electoral votes)....

I'm hearing more problems associated with unprecidented voter turnout. Having to get more ballots to vote locations, etc.... May be a record year for turnout.

I had a line of a half hour, not a biggie, but the last two votes I've done here I've walked right in with practically nobody there...

[ 11-02-2004, 18:27: Message edited by: Jomama ]

Jomama
Member # 56

Aww, wish I'd found my sig for the day earlier.. [Razz]
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

As I was saying a few weeks ago and have heard more times since then...

There is more than just a posibility that Bush could win the popular vote but lose the election. Winning florida and losing ohio could definetly make that happen.

The more I watch tonight the more I think that that might actually happen.

Jomama
Member # 56

I think I heard Pat Buchanan (sp?) the other day talk about the very very rare chance of a 270 270 tie.. Prez is voted on by the Senate (Rep), and the VP by the House (he added the "possibility" of a Dem takeover via this election) and they elect John Edwards [lol] [lol] He was openly speculating and just brought it up as a interesting point.

If anything really needs to be changed its the election system. [Frown]

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Looks like I was right and the exit polls were wrong just like in the 2000 election.... Ohio is the state to watch.

http://election.sos.state.oh.us/results/SingleRaceSummary.aspx?race=PP

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Fox just projected Bush to win Ohio......3 elect. votes to go..... Alaska may be the difference.
Jomama
Member # 56

I noticed Fox and ABC are predicting earlier than the others. Its close, much more close than that exit pole (why is it sooo off? ). I doubt Alaska will be the key, if Bush Takes Ohio, Kerry pretty much has to take all the rest. That would put Bush at 266 I think.

Regardless of who wins, voter turnout is outstanding, nice change... so Yeah! Americans! [beer] Voting is just something so unique and important to this country.. [Smile]

[ 11-03-2004, 00:07: Message edited by: Jomama ]

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Ohio. Called. Bush. Mass Litigation is already underway. No auto recount. Litigation a guarantee.

AK called for bush....

Iowa within 100 votes with 85% reporting...according to fox

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Fox has bush at 269 and has for about 1/2 an hour.

MN is closer than it has been all night and precincts are lagging in reportin compared to WI and IA.

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Fox just said Daschle is losing by almost 70k votes... [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

I hate that guy... [brd]

Jomama
Member # 56

Ya, to clarify, AK will go for Bush, looks like hawaii may be Kerry.

MN,IW & NV are getting closer as the night goes on.

Jomama
Member # 56

quote:
Originally posted by Chadwick:
Fox just said Daschle is losing by almost 70k votes...

This was a race I hand't caught till the last few days.

I don't really understand the "drastic" turnaround of a relatively long term incumbant in this particular case... (all rehtoric aside ;-) I'm not a fan of him at all as well) But even you guys prolly don't hear much about S.D. politics....

[ 11-03-2004, 00:25: Message edited by: Jomama ]

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

I think dashle lost touch with south dakota. Got tainted by liberal national politics. Just my guess. Having visited SD a number of times. People there seem very different from a typical metro area minnisotan. Even in the "major cities" there....

Just my speculation on their thought process...

[ 11-03-2004, 00:28: Message edited by: Chadwick ]

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Dashle has been on borrowed time for the last six years. I am surprised he stayed around for as long as he did - being in a big republican state...

Ohio is the big story - the Dems are contesting it already.

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

FOX has for some reason had Hawaii called for Kerry most of the night for some reason but they are the only ones. I doubt bush would win down there but it is just interesting to call it so early. I think poles closed there like an hour ago or something.... [Roll Eyes]
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Well this circus isn't going anywhere for a while. I'm going to bed
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hung in there until a little after 2:30. After it became apparent that Kerry would not be conceding I went to bed.

My favorite headline this morning "Florida didn't screw it up!"

I am glad to see that there is (or will be) a clear winner this time. Bush got over 50% of the popular vote - the last time this happened was 1988 (Bush SR.). He also got more votes then Regan, although that's probably a function of the population increasing.

The exit polling company should be fired. In fact the major networks should get a refund from these ass-clowns. When Drudge posted the early results with Kerry ahead in every battleground state around noon - all the major networks were setting up for a Kerry landslide. The market tanked on the news and the Bush camp was in crisis mode. Then I heard Drudge on Hannity's radio show running down the same numbers from 2000 - which had Gore ahead in exit polls 5pts in Florida/3pts in Ohio. After that I was optimistic it would be a race......

Best coverage in my opinion - Foxnews (first to call the exit polls crap) and MSNBC (I thought Chris Matthews was fair). Worst - CNN (refused to call Ohio even though it's statistically impossible to win for Kerry)

BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that was fun.

How long until everyone else agrees that Bush won this thing?

11 days?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Klaus:
The exit polling company should be fired. In fact the major networks should get a refund from these ass-clowns. When Drudge posted the early results with Kerry ahead in every battleground state around noon - all the major networks were setting up for a Kerry landslide. The market tanked on the news and the Bush camp was in crisis mode.

Agreed.

They were lighting up Zogby on my drive home. I think they quote was "shameless". [Roll Eyes] [crazy] [lame]

Ah well, another 4 years of Bush's antics...maybe we'll go to war with Libya and Iran. [Wink]

--------------------
 -

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

I think Syria is the first stop....

Kerry is in a tough situation today for sure. Late afternoon yesterday when it appeared if the exit polls were correct he would win. He came out and gave a quick speech pretty much saying he hoped the loser would be gracious etc. Now of course he was talking about Bush - but it turns out he's the one that needs to be gracious. If he challanges in Ohio where there is little hope of overcoming the 130,000 vote gap he won't look very gracious......

Oh and I couldnt resist....

-

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

-

Project Longface
http://www.glennbeck.com/news/09172004.shtml

BoondockSaint
Member # 67

[lol] [lol] [lol]

--------------------
 -

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Either Bush called Kerry to urge him to concede or Kerry just called Bush to concede....
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our voting took place in a little house on the prairie schoolhouse (city hall). I shit you not that we got our piece of paper with the candidates and our pencil and got to go behind the sheets to vote. I know I live in BFE now... [Wink]

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Booyaka!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,137486,00.html

--------------------
 -

flamingoamyjo
Posting God
Member # 93

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flamingoamyjo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hauserdaddy:
Our voting took place in a little house on the prairie schoolhouse (city hall). I shit you not that we got our piece of paper with the candidates and our pencil and got to go behind the sheets to vote. I know I live in BFE now... [Wink]

Our polling place in Shakopee was the same! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Clinton '08!!!!
 -

Posts: 211 | From: Shakopee, MN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005