Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » Cards » Finally!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Finally!!!
Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crack_Dealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Guys check this out!

PokerStars Tournament #2039313, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $5.00/$0.50
1205 players
Total Prize Pool: $6025.00
Tournament started - 2004/07/15 - 20:10:00 (ET)

Dear GotFlop?, (THAT'S ME)

You finished the tournament in 5th place.
A $319.33 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

PokerStars Tournament #2039313, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $5.00/$0.50
1205 players
Total Prize Pool: $6025.00
Tournament started - 2004/07/15 - 20:10:00 (ET)
Tournament finished - 2004/07/16 - 02:08:09 (ET)
1: flntstn Pip (Flint), $1506.26 (25%)
2: lydell91 (new bedford), $843.51 (14%)
3: bcgill40 (Staten Island), $542.26 (9%)
4: Sofa-KingB (caledonia), $391.63 (6.50%)
5: GotFlop? (Shakopee), $319.33 (5.30%)
6: Siawyn (Akron), $259.08 (4.30%)
7: chipthief1 (AURORA), $198.83 (3.30%)
8: DolphinLuvR (Nashville), $138.58 (2.30%)
9: 6 plays (audubon park), $90.38 (1.50%)
10: austinaggie (Austin), $54.23 (0.90%)

You finished in 5th place (eliminated at hand #547552227).

345 hands played and saw flop:
- 14 times out of 44 while in small blind (31%)
- 18 times out of 45 while in big blind (40%)
- 41 times out of 256 in other positions (16%)
- a total of 73 times out of 345 (21%)

Pots won at showdown - 18 out of 25 (72%)
Pots won without showdown - 39

[ 07-16-2004, 01:13: Message edited by: Crack_Dealer ]

--------------------
"Rarely has it been so clear how much we, the ordinary people of this country, are better than our rulers. I hope that lesson is not lost on anyone, of any political persuasion."

Posts: 520 | From: Shakopee, MN USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work.. Good pay out for only 5 buy-in!!
Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[beer]

Nice job! $5 buy in wow.

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice win! [pointedstick]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... alright i can top that now that you started it [Wink] .

On Wednesday, July 14th, Canterbury held a $100 buy in/$20 entry fee Limit hold'em tournement with 132 players (12 tables of 11 players). Total prize pool was just over $13,000 and 9 spots were paid out.

I finished 5th also, paying $924 for a profit of over $800. The hand that knocked me out was my K-10 offsuit against the big blind's Q-9 offsuit and he got lucky and flopped a queen to win it. Then this guy went on to win the tournament. I had just taken a tough beat before that with A-10 suited against pocket jacks.

Incidently, both Amy and Brad played in this tournement and were knocked out around 60-70th place. [Big Grin]

Ive played a total of 5 tournamants at Canterbury and placed in 2 of them.
Total Buyin costs: 100*2 + 225*2 + 120 = $720
Total Winnings: $924 + $665 = $1589
Total Profit: $869

[notworthy] <---------- Brad

[ 07-16-2004, 15:11: Message edited by: Ender ]

--------------------
It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crack_Dealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome job Luke at Canterbury!!!

I was wondering how you did. And just think you were down to your last blinds at the first break. Your heater came at the right time.

--------------------
"Rarely has it been so clear how much we, the ordinary people of this country, are better than our rulers. I hope that lesson is not lost on anyone, of any political persuasion."

Posts: 520 | From: Shakopee, MN USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice job Luke - But Brad has you beat in profit margin with the $5 buy in..... [Smile]

But awesome job on your tourney history.

[ 07-16-2004, 14:08: Message edited by: Klaus ]

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I was wondering how you did. And just think you were down to your last blinds at the first break. Your heater came at the right time.
Yeah, no kidding. I took a really bad beat in the second round with my pocket kings. The flop was queen high all offsuit, i bet and got 1 caller who had pocket 3's and turned a god damn 3!! I was like "how the fuck do you do that in a tournament?

After that, i was down to about $275 in chips at the start of the 3rd round where the blinds went to 50-100. I eventually raised under the gun with 10-9 offsuit, flopped a pair of 10's and won the hand. Next hand in the big blind..... 10-9 offsuit again!!! 4 players call and here comes the flop..... Q-J-8 rainbow to give me the nuts straight! Long story short, i trapped the guy that made that set of 3's on me earlier, who held a pair of queens. After that, i barely lost a hand until the final table.

Talk about a RUSH! [Big Grin]

Nice job though on your online tournement. But, i prefer to look my opponents in the eye. [demon]

[ 07-16-2004, 14:27: Message edited by: Ender ]

--------------------

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

Guess it wasn't a fluke:

Here is my latest tournament. I finished in the money (10th place). It was a satellite, so the top 7 got an entry into the $200 buy-in tournament. I at least made a 600% profit though.

1: whosierdaddy (Laval), still playing
2: MikeBBBell (harlow), still playing
3: Gems (Oak View), still playing
4: imdavev (alta loma), still playing
5: king unit (gurnee), still playing
6: punisher545 (Boston), still playing
7: DALTONS (woodland hills), still playing
8: AZ Money 106 (Scottsdale), still playing
9: sushi_boat (San Francisco), still playing
10: GotFlop? (Shakopee), $29.00

--------------------

Matress
Posting God
Member # 71

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ender:

[notworthy] <---------- Brad

Luke last time I took a math class I believe that added up to $770 [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 208 | From: Chaska MN | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only fluke is that Amy gave you enough time to yourself to get that far into a tourny [Wink]

Unless you played it at work? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I know Brad he plays late at night.

Reminds me of the story about his ex-wife...... She teased him when he would use his steering wheel/petals on the computer - so he waited until she fell asleep to bring them out of the closet. [Smile]

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol That is funny stuff! If his old wheel and pedals vibrated like Chad's does (force feedback), she would keep them under her bed or in the bedside drawer [Wink]

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

quote:
Ive played a total of 5 tournamants at Canterbury and placed in 2 of them.

This needs a bit of an update. Ive played 3 more tournaments in the past month or so, two of which were satilites to the Fall poker classic $1000 buy-in main event. I finished around 30th in one of those. Yesterday, i played in another $200 buy-in No Limit Hold'em tournement, and got 5th out of 132 players.

Total Buyin costs: 100*2 + 225*3 + 120*3 = $1235
Total Winnings: $924 + $665 + $1968 = $3557
Total Profit: $2322

Not too bad. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, nice job. Looks like you were due for a win. A couple more $100/$200 buy ins without a win and you would have been in the hole.

Nice job.

[beer]

BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice sig, Ender. [lol]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Some highlights from the tournement:

-Getting pocket jacks, raising before the flop and getting re-raised, getting a jack on the flop 3 handed, check raising the re-raiser.
-getting Q-9 of hearts on the button, limping in with no raises infront of me, flopping 2 hearts and fivering a third to take down a HUGE pot.
-i got poket kings and raised pre-flop, 1 caller, i bet on a flop of Q-9-5 rainbow and got raised all-in. I called and the guy was bluffing with a K-10 straight draw.
-Later in the tournement i got short stacked with 4500 in chips when the blinds were 500-1000. I was on the button and there was 1 limper infront of me. I raised all-in with J-10 of diamonds. The limper quickly called and flipped over aces. I flopped K-9-3 and turned a Q to make my straight. [Big Grin]
-I knocked out the bubble guy (11th spot) with pocket 2's against his K-10.
-On the final table, i started with about 50,000 in chips with the blinds at 3000-6000. I called and lost with a couple hands and found myself with 25,000 when i got delt A-9 of clubs under the gun. I raised all-in and got 2 callers!! One had A-Q and the other had big slick (A-K). So, basically all the aces were taken up and you needed to pair your other card to win against big slick. The flop brought a nine and i trippled up.
-The hand i got knocked out with was when i went all-in for 40,000 with K-10 offsuit and got 2 callers, one with A-6 offsuit and the other with Q-10 offsuit. The guy with Q-10 hit a Q on the flop and won it all, knocking out 2 people. [Roll Eyes]

I got VERY lucky once, but you need to do that at least once in a tournement to win. But otherwise, i was just patient, caught some really good hands, and made the correct calls/folds.

[ 08-19-2004, 15:32: Message edited by: Ender ]

--------------------

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally, after many years of losing many many nickels at Mistake Lake through complete boredom..... He hit a big jackpot.

-

Walked in with $110 - walked out with $1,250

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Larry in town?
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

He was. Just for two weddings then he flew out yesterday.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005