Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Movie & Music Forums » Music Discussion » XM Radio (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: XM Radio
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Klaus:
Damn you are quick.... I was just about to post the exact same thing [Smile]

No the site must be down. Maybe it's time to switch to the other program that allows color?

The one for color was for Mac users or Linux or something?
Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Joe now there is also an all right-wing channel (see below) - formally the BUZZ - will be "Americas Right".

XM SATELLITE RADIO TOPS MORE THAN 1,680,000 SUBSCRIBERS

XM Adds More than 320,000 Subscribers in Q1 '04;
Company More Than Doubles Subscriber Additions Compared to Q1 '03

Washington D.C., April 01, 2004 -- XM Satellite Radio (Nasdaq: XMSR), the pioneer and leader in satellite radio, today announced it has more than 1,680,000 subscribers. The company closed the first quarter of 2004 with an addition of more than 320,000 new net subscribers, a 230 percent increase in new subscribers compared to the first quarter of 2003, when XM recorded 135,916 new subscribers.

"XM has started 2004 on a very strong note. Consumers have clearly embraced XM's 2004 programming lineup featuring 100% commercial-free music and the new XM Instant Traffic & Weather service for major markets nationwide," said Hugh Panero, XM President and CEO. "This strong performance firmly positions the company for its 2004 goal of more than 2.8 million subscribers by year's end."

Separately, XM announced today it will launch on April 5 a new political talk channel called America Right (XM Channel 166), formerly called Buzz XM. The channel will feature conservative superstars Bill Bennett, Michael Savage, Michael Reagan and Laura Ingraham among others. This channel addition follows XM's recent launch of political talk channel America Left (XM Channel 167), dedicated to progressive talk radio, featuring Air America Radio talk personalities such as Al Franken and Janeane Garofalo.

About XM Satellite Radio

In the fall of 2001, XM Satellite Radio pioneered the introduction of satellite radio in the U.S. Today, XM is America's #1 satellite radio service with more than 1.6 million subscribers. Broadcasting live daily from studios in Washington, DC, New York City and Nashville, Tennessee at the Country Music Hall of Fame, XM's 2004 lineup includes more than 120 digital channels of choice from coast to coast: 68 commercial-free music channels, featuring hip hop to opera, classical to country, bluegrass to blues; 33 channels of premier sports, talk, comedy, children's and entertainment programming; and more than 20 channels of the most advanced traffic and weather information for major metropolitan areas nationwide. Affordable, compact and stylish XM satellite radio receivers for the home, the car, the computer and boom boxes for "on the go" are available from retailers nationwide. In addition, XM is available in more than 80 different 2004 car models. XM is a popular factory-installed option on more than 40 new General Motors models, as well as a standard feature on several top-selling Honda and Acura models. Passengers on JetBlue Airways and AirTran Airways will be able to listen to XM's programming in-flight later in 2004.

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do I care, I haven't said word one about either of them.

FUCK IDEOLOGY!!! [demon]

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok ok - fair enough.... Was just looking for some kind of reaction [Smile]
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bjergo I forgot to mention yesterday, that if you do get a SkiFi system for your truck etc Best Buy will install it with a shitty universal mount. You will want to order a Pro-Fit Mount for your truck that the vehicle cradle will mount to. Steve and Michelle both have them and they work great. Order here:

http://store.myradiostore.com/prvespmo.html

-
Right click - choose save as for this file.
http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/Adobe/FO-74-92.pdf

[ 05-27-2004, 10:11: Message edited by: Klaus ]

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Chad - Here is the XM tuner you need:
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=piogexp910xm

Don't get the old 903 box (there are still some of those around), they only show 8 digits on your radio - the 910 shows all 16 digits. And don't wait too long to get one - Pioneer no longer makes the XM receivers. A new product is being introduced called the XM Direct that will work with all aftermarket stereos (Alpine/Sony/Pioneer) so that each co dosen't have to make it's own box.

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chad you are going to miss it - starting Saturday on XM 41 "DA Boneyard"....

Van Halen 420
Da Boneyard digs up 420 Van Halen songs in a row! Live sets, solo sets, cover song sets and The Top 41 Van Halen Songs. Begins Saturday, June 19th at Noon ET.

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The new Roady2 is now is stores. It is the smallest and cheapest XM radio now available. It has a built in FM modulator so it will work with any radio. Just plug it in throw the antenna on the dash and tune your existing radio to a un-used channel. Other new features are it's smaller and includes streaming stock quotes on the screen. It costs around $110 and includes an antenna, the unit, and a power adaptor (also a free home kit you send in for that allows it to be hooked to a home stereo/computer)

-

http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&u=c&catoid=-10341&qp=0313331353134&oid=93717&oid=93717

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Great Joe - another channel just for you.....

XM Satellite Radio plans to launch public channel
July 29, 2004 4:01:00 PM ET

LOS ANGELES, July 29 (Reuters) - XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. (XMSR) on Thursday said it would launch a public radio channel, signing such well-known talent as award-winning newsman Bob Edwards.

XM, which has more than 2.1 million subscribers, will launch the new channel on Sept. 1, featuring programs from Public Radio International and its satellite radio unit American Public Radio; American Public Media, the national production and distribution branch of Minnesota Public Radio; and Boston public radio station WBUR.

Edwards, who drew 13 million listeners a week to his popular "Morning Edition" show on National Public Radio, will host a new morning interview program, "The Bob Edwards Show," exclusive to XM Satellite Radio, set to debut on Oct. 4.

Public radio is member and sponsor-supported radio that usually offers a mix of news and educational programming. REUTERS

Jomama
Member # 56

-
quote:
Originally posted by Klaus:Great Joe - another channel just for you...
[brd] [Razz] [Wink]

Never liked NPR.... Wellfare is wellfare, be it corporate, social, tv, radio..... [Roll Eyes]

[ 07-29-2004, 17:09: Message edited by: Jomama ]

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Glad to hear you think the same way I do about NPR. At least XM is paying for this channel without tax payer money. Anything to increase subscriptions I am all for... The stock has been up and down lately between 22 and 29 (I bought at 10 [Smile] )

I took a look at the Roady2 at Best Buy today. Very small and nice design. I might retire my XMPCR and get a Roady2 instead. I would like to take the Roady2 home at night and dock it in my stereo (or use the wireless FM mod). I really like the XMPCR but rarely change channels at work so the Roady2 would work well. And the stock quotes on it are very cool.

Bjergo - did you ever get a 2nd unit for your truck?

larry
Member # 41

Icon 12 posted      Profile for larry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No I havent gotten a second unit...the Skifi is mounted in the truck... I want to get a roady2 to travel around with..the built in modulator is very appealing....plus jeanne is crying for her own unit she doesnt get to use mine enough [Wink]
Posts: 88 | From: North Idaho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crack_Dealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by larry:
plus jeanne is crying for her own unit she doesnt get to use mine enough [Wink]

Why are you depriving Jeanne of your unit?????????

[sex] or is it [sleep]

--------------------
"Rarely has it been so clear how much we, the ordinary people of this country, are better than our rulers. I hope that lesson is not lost on anyone, of any political persuasion."

Posts: 520 | From: Shakopee, MN USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larry
Member # 41

Icon 1 posted      Profile for larry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[sleep] [beer]
Posts: 88 | From: North Idaho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larry
Member # 41

Icon 1 posted      Profile for larry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[sleep] [beer]
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Joe you might even like these guys. I listened to them in Chicago while I was there. I was addicted. Then they said something and got cancelled. This will be the first big experiment with a shock joick type of channel for an addition charge.... I am sure Howard will be watching.

Talk Radio Stars Opie and Anthony to Join XM Satellite Radio
Thursday August 5, 9:01 am ET
'O & A' to Hold Press Conference Today at 12:00 Noon ET at Hard Rock Cafe in New York City

WASHINGTON, Aug. 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- XM Satellite Radio (Nasdaq: XMSR - News), the nation's leading provider of satellite radio with more than 2.1 million subscribers, today announced that talk radio personalities Opie and Anthony will make their long-anticipated return to radio on XM Satellite Radio.
(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20040805/DCTH011-a ) http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20040805/DCTH011-b )
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20000724/XMSATLOGO )
Opie and Anthony will premiere a live, weekday program on XM on October 4. The show will be carried exclusively on a new premium XM channel.

"We learned a lot during our two years away from our fans, and we can't wait to get back on the radio and reconnect with them," said Greg "Opie" Hughes. "This is a huge milestone for us because XM provides a nationwide audience that local radio simply can't match." Anthony Cumia added, "XM is the future of radio as we know it, and it is the perfect platform for us to entertain our radio fans, in the same way that HBO provided more creative freedom for people in TV."

Opie and Anthony are among the most popular and controversial duos in radio. Their irreverent wit made their afternoon radio show number one among male listeners between the ages of 18 and 49 in New York City, Philadelphia, Boston, Dallas, Cleveland, and Buffalo, according to Arbitron. O & A have not been on the air since August 2002, and their large fan base has been waiting patiently for their return. The new show on XM will serve up their offbeat humor that has drawn millions of listeners and made them loyal fans.

"XM has been called 'the HBO of satellite radio,' and like HBO, we can provide O & A fans with a unique way to enjoy their edgy humor," said Hugh Panero, President & CEO of XM Satellite Radio. "The O & A show is the latest example of the incredible range of programming available on XM."

The Opie and Anthony show is the newest addition to XM's critically acclaimed programming line-up, which offers digital radio channels devoted to everything from classical music to hip hop, college and professional sports to audio books, financial news to stand-up comedy.

XM's 120-plus channels are available from coast to coast for a basic monthly fee of $9.99. XM will carry Opie and Anthony on a premium channel (XM Channel 202) for an additional monthly fee of $1.99. XM subscribers can pre- order the new channel starting today by calling XM at 1-800-XM-RADIO (1-800-967-2346) or visiting XM online at http://www.xmradio.com.

flamingoamyjo
Posting God
Member # 93

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flamingoamyjo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Scott, if you get rid of your XMPCR, let me know. I might be interested in it!

--------------------
Clinton '08!!!!
 -

Posts: 211 | From: Shakopee, MN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Sure. I will be getting a Roady2 soon, just don't know when.

-

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
XMRadio has the The Delphi XM Roady with free Wireless Audio Adaptor for $50 + $7.75 shipping. Enter access key xmdphxm04 The radio normally sells for $120.

Conditions: You have to order three months of the satellite radio subscription at the same time (for $9.99 per month if it's the first radio in your family, $6.99 for the 2nd-5th), and if you don't keep your subscription active for six months, you will be charged an extra $60.

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flamingoamyjo
Posting God
Member # 93

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flamingoamyjo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So is this the one Scott is talking about, Roadie 2?? I wouldn't need to install a receiver etc. in my car and can bring it in my office also without a box to put it in? Sounds like a good deal.

--------------------
Clinton '08!!!!
 -

Posts: 211 | From: Shakopee, MN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

I just checked it out on the site. That is for the Roady1 (the original Roady). It's bigger and does not have the built in FM modulator. It's still a good deal and comes with a home kit for free in the mail.

The Roady2 is $110.
To hook it up in the car you need to plug in the power to your cigarette lighter and put the antenna on the dash or roof. The one that comes with it is magnetic and about the size of a book of matches (about 1/3 the size of Brad's).
 -

To hook it up at home/computer you need a "home kit" that comes with another antenna, a power cord and a "dock" that you put the roady into when you bring it home. There is a deal now where you get the home kit free in the mail with the purchase of a Roady/Roady2.

-

[ 08-06-2004, 12:07: Message edited by: Klaus ]

flamingoamyjo
Posting God
Member # 93

So, if I don't have a cassette player, then the roady2 is the one for me??

--------------------
Clinton '08!!!!
 -

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Yes and no. I would go with the Roady2 but you could get by with the Roady1 that comes with a FM modulator for free. But.....the FM modulator is built into the powercord that plugs into the cigarette lighter. So it would work - but would be bigger.
flamingoamyjo
Posting God
Member # 93

With the roady (which is about $60 online) I would be able to listen to it in my car with the cigarette lighter adaptor and the FM modulator that comes with it FREE. I would NOT need to purchase anything else? (other than service)With it I can also bring it in my office and listen??? Or no???

--------------------
Clinton '08!!!!
 -

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes - correct you would be able to do all the things you listed.

I still think you should go for the Roady2 tho - much smaller [Smile]

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by flamingoamyjo:
Hey Scott, if you get rid of your XMPCR, let me know. I might be interested in it!

Ok, thought my XMPCR pooped out yesterday. So I got a Roady2. Turns out the XMPCR works fine, somehow a setting in my audio control panel got messed up. So I now have a XMPCR for sale. $20.
flamingoamyjo
Posting God
Member # 93

Cool! I'll take it. Does it come with a warranty? just kidding. Can I use it on both our computers? Or can you only set it up on one?? Would be cool to take it home to use too.

Will you bring it to cards tomorrow night? Where are we playing anyways?? Or else Sunday when you come if you can't play tomorrow! [Cool]

--------------------
Clinton '08!!!!
 -

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My house is open tommorow. If we have lots of people ill move the table out into the living room for mor space.
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

It's sold as is [Smile]

I can bring it Friday assuming I get the Roady2 set up at work tomorrow and activated.

You can hook it up to any computer, dosen't matter how many. You just install the software and it works when you plug it into the usb port (the port powers the unit).

It uses three cords:

Antenna
USB
Single male to male audio cable (like the plug on a set of headphones - on both ends)

I moved it between home and office for awhile - no problem. You will either need to also bring the antenna with or buy another one. You can get the other two types of cords from Best Buy or radio shack for a few bucks each (so you don't have to unhook them all the time too)

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say the Roady2 is very cool for what you get. It's $120 and includes everything you need. The wireless FM mod is very nice - sound quality is excellent. All you do it plug the Roady2 into your cigarette lighter, throw the antenna on the dash and tune your radio to 88.1 and you are in business.

I have also used it at work and tuned my clock radio into it next to my bed. Very cool - oh and stock quotes too.

Word also has it that the Roady2 will dock into the first walkman type XM radio available this fall. The "walkman" will include a rechargeable battery and headphones with a built in antenna.

flamingoamyjo
Posting God
Member # 93

Ok, I get NO signal in my office, NONE. Do they make an "extension cord" for the antanae?? If I could get it closer to the window I think it would work, as the bar moves slightly when I walk around my office with it. I have a clear path to the window, but I don't think it's quite enough, need to get it closer. Any ideas???

Also, do I have to physically call XM? They have an option to add another radio to your account, but it still charges you $9 instead of $6.

--------------------
Clinton '08!!!!
 -

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Yes, they do have a 30 ft extention cord for the antenna. I think we might have one that we got for the cabin (but ended up not needing) - I will check.

You are supposed to be able to just add the radio online and it will charge you $6.99 a month. However, if it shows as $9.99 then you will need to call and make sure they set it up on the family plan. We have 4 family plan radios and I think only 1 or 2 of them originally got charged at $6.99. I had to call to fix it.

flamingoamyjo
Posting God
Member # 93

I was able to rig the antanae via a tripping hazard in my office, but I have a signal now! I have it set to 1, however, I am not getting any sound. Obviously I have the sound hooked up wrong but am clueless. I have it plugged into "sound in". Speakers are plugged into "sound out" and my only other option is "mic in" which I tried as well.

--------------------
Clinton '08!!!!
 -

flamingoamyjo
Posting God
Member # 93

Never mind, figured it out. The "sound in" was muted in my control panel! Silly little technicalities!!

--------------------
Clinton '08!!!!
 -

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Yeah, it's a bit strange at first. You can control the volume from about 3 different places. The "line in balance" in the control panel, the system volume, and usually the speakers have a volume control. If it dosen't get loud enough I would check to make sure the line in balance is set pretty high - but not too high or you will get distortion. Then use the system volume to control the level.

What type of signal are you getting? Satelite or Terrestrial (ground repeater)? In my office with a south facing window I get about:
Satellite 2/5 bars
Terrestrial 4/5 bars

flamingoamyjo
Posting God
Member # 93

I have about 18 Satellite bars and only 1 terrestrial bar. If I could get it to the window, I am sure it would be all Satellite almost. Sounds very good though! Double check on that extension cord for me, I definitely need one so I don't kill someone in here! (mainly myself).

--------------------
Clinton '08!!!!
 -

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

It's a digital signal so as long as you have a couple bars you will get the same quality as someone with all the bars. The only thing you get with more bars is you will never get drop outs where the signal is lost. Ask Joe, I think he only gets a few bars in Alaska with no sound problems.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Delphi and XM Introduce 'SKYFi2' Satellite Radio Receiver
August 18, 2004 1:00:00 PM ET

All-new SKYFi2 includes first-ever pause and replay features

The Delphi XM SKYFi2 takes SKYFi, the best selling satellite radio receiver ever, and makes it even better by adding several new exciting features, including the first-ever "pause" and "replay" functions for satellite radio. Utilizing leading edge technology, the "30 Minute Replay" function continuously and automatically saves the last 30 minutes of programming -- including programming from multiple XM channels. In addition, listeners can pause the program they are listening to with the option to play back that programming within 30 minutes. The unit also has a built-in wireless FM modulator, personalized stock ticker, personalized sports scores, a clock, TuneSelect(TM) by song and artist and much more.

The new vehicle kit is upgraded for wireless FM modulation through the antenna allowing users to easily self-install SKYFi2 in their vehicle. SKYFi2 also features a new, easier to read display and will work with all existing SKYFi accessories including the Delphi CD Audio System. Additional features include a large scroll wheel, convenient remote control, direct channel entry, the ability to preview and channel search by channel name, artists and song titles, and 30 channel presets. All of this combines to give users the most opportunity to experience more than 120 XM channels of revolutionary programming including news, sports, traffic, weather, and 68 commercial-free music stations.

"Our new Delphi XM SKYFi2 is the first satellite radio receiver to offer listeners the ability to pause and replay their favorite XM program," said Joe Damato, director of consumer electronics for Delphi Product & Service Solutions. "Everyone has experienced the frustration of an untimely telephone call or wished they could 'hear that song again' while enjoying their favorite program. SKYFi2 addresses these problems simply and elegantly -- making it a 'must-have' product for dedicated XM listeners."

The Delphi XM SKYFi2 will be available at most major consumer electronics retailers this fall for $129.99 MSRP. Optional new home and vehicle adaptor kits are also available for $69.99 MSRP.

"We are excited about SKYFi2 because in addition to the pause and replay functions and the personalized stock quotes, XM listeners can customize and access for the first time scores for pro football, baseball, basketball, hockey, tennis, golf, NASCAR, and your favorite college sports while listening to XM," said Dan Murphy, senior vice president, product marketing and distribution, XM Satellite Radio. "These innovations round out the industry's most feature-rich plug and play model available."

Delphi satellite radios have received many industry recognitions, including Roady2, named "Editor's Choice" by PC Magazine in its recent five- star review, as well as the original SKYFi which was recognized by Consumers Digest as a "Best Buy" -- a rating awarded to fewer than three percent of the competing models in any given product category.

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

So Amy in about a month I might have a Roady2 for sale - [Smile]

-

This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005