Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » Fantasy Football » HD Vikes Game

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HD Vikes Game
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since the cable install was successful and HDESPN is up and running, we are having people over Sunday night for the game. RVSP so Michelle and I can buy enough food for whoever comes.
[beer]

[ 10-13-2003, 09:43: Message edited by: Klaus ]

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be coming. I will check on the wife and baby but I know she has a baby shower so Ill have to check.

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crack_Dealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amy and I will be there. [beer]

--------------------
"Rarely has it been so clear how much we, the ordinary people of this country, are better than our rulers. I hope that lesson is not lost on anyone, of any political persuasion."

Posts: 520 | From: Shakopee, MN USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brad you might be interested to know that the Vikes game on 10/19 (this Sunday) will be carried by CBS and is in High Definition widescreen.
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we are invited I'm sure Jen would like to come too I have Sun off Scott!
Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Consider you and Jen invited - and anyone else that wants to stop by. Michelle will be so excited [Smile] You can bring Drake too so that Jen dosen't have to be apart from him for too long [Razz]
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this a noon game?

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Yes, this is a noon game. CBS does one game a week in High Definition (1080i) and the Vikes with a 5-0 record were selected for this week’s game.

The next scheduled HD game is the November 2 night game against the Packers on ESPNHD. Michelle really wants to have people over for that game so put it on your calendar.....Maybe we could do some magic before the game??

Also, I never knew this about the CBS/FOX coverage of football:
quote:
Each weekend, one of the two networks carrying NFL coverage has what is called a "doubleheader weekend." That network can show two games on that particular Sunday. The other network is only permitted to show one NFL game that week. They can show an early game or a late game. In cities where the home team is on the network with the doubleheader, the other network typically chooses to air a game on the other time slot so as not to compete directly with the home team.

If you check NFL.com, it lists which network has doubleheaders each week. A good indication is when a 3:00 game is scheduled for 3:05 instead of 3:15 - 3:05 starts usually indicate a non-doubleheader weekend.

BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 8 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be there...

Oh wait! FUCK! ASS!

Sadly, the AFN network over here isn't even BROADCASTING the fucking 5-0 Vikes and 5-1 Broncos. They're showing Green Bay & St. Louis...fucking Packers! GO RAMS! [Wink]

Have fun guys!

GO VIKES!

P.S. What's the deal with the Wild players who still haven't signed? Steve, bitch slap them!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

12/20 Chiefs vs Viking is CBS high definition game (1080i). This will be the last HD game for the Vikes this year. If they make the playoffs Fox might do some ED games (480i widescreen) but that's it.

Also - if anyone is looking for a cheap smaller HD TV. Sears and amazon.com have a 26in widescreen (good for a bedroom) Samsung HDTV (1080i) for $599. Amazon also has free shipping on the unit. Nice set for the price - it was $999 a couple months ago.

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

The game this weekend is a Saturday game at 4pm. Any interest in drafting after/during the game?
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 14 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im up for it...
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

So we aren't playing tomorrow? What's the deal you guys need to answer....hello
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

I don't think I will make it Saturday. We are driving down to get our puppy Saturday morning and need to be in Mason City Iowa at 1PM.

--------------------

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What channel is the 1080 game on Klaus? A guy from work wants to know...

--------------------

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

It's on CBSHD carried over the air in the twin cities.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Brad- Games in HD this week:

Thursday
Packers vs. Panthers - ABC in HD.

Sunday
Noon
Bears vs. Lions (Fox)
Raiders vs. Steelers (CBS)

3:15
Vikings vs. Cowgirls (Fox)

7:30
Chiefs vs. Broncos (ESPN)

BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You having a Vikes party Klaus? [beer]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! I'll be there at 3:00 with beer. Thanks Scott [Wink]
Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

lol funny guys.

But if you guys want - I will for sure be watching the game [Smile]

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Who's all coming over and who has beer?
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on may way soon if that's ok. Just picked up a new ps2 game (burnout 3) if we want to mess with that before the game.

[ 09-12-2004, 11:34: Message edited by: Chadwick ]

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, bring the steering wheel! I liked that game.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005