Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Computer Forums » Computer Game Discussion » Star Wars Galaxies (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Star Wars Galaxies
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This game comes out today - is anyone planning to get it? I have never been into the role playing/monthly fee type games but this seems like a decent game. Hauser you are big on the Everquest type games, do you know anything about this game?
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 13 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sound entirly too time consuming.....
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I've been reading they have pushed it out the door before it was fully ready, it wasn't supossed to be ready until X-mas...
Posts: 559 | From: Blaine, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, let me be the first to say.... HOLY SHIT! They actually did it! This is from the EBGames website:

quote:
Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed continues the full immersion in the greatest Star Wars saga ever told: Yours.

Set in the Star Wars timeframe between Episode IV and Episode V, this first extension to the Star Wars Galaxies foundation opens 10 vast and distinct space sectors, spanning from the Core Worlds to the Outer Rim, for players to explore while engaging their opponents in intense real-time combat or uniting with friends in battle or exploration. Players can embark on more than 100 new missions, venturing through asteroid fields, nebulae and space junkyards while honing skills in four new space-specific professions. The game also features two new and completely customizable species.

Starfighters and other starships will be featured in the expansion that can be used for both space exploration and combat, allowing players to join up with allies and fly familiar X-wings and TIE fighters into battle against faction-aligned opponents and AI-controlled ships. Transport ships similar to the well-known Millennium Falcon will also be added into the game, allowing players to venture through space with friends aboard

This game might actually be worth playing now. If this addition to the game works correctly and smoothly, it would be an incredible accomplishment. Check out some of the screenshots here:

[beer]

[ 07-19-2004, 11:21: Message edited by: Ender ]

--------------------
It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but your Wookie will still have to dance naked for money.

Lame.

Posts: 559 | From: Blaine, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a pretty good review of it by gamespy:

http://pc.gamespy. com/pc/star-wars-galaxies-jump-to-lightspeed/530511p1.html

[ 07-19-2004, 16:30: Message edited by: Ender ]

--------------------

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trany   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you guys are going to try it, make your char on the Bria galaxie, I can help you out and show you the ropes.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 740 | From: Tranyland Pending | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trany, post your contact info! Luke and I are going to try it...

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trany   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike, you and Luke need to get me your email addresses, I will send you "Tranys" guide to SWG. I also have ways to master some proffessions extreamly fast. With the trial account you are limited to the cash you can have. I have a few Mill so no need to worrie there. I can also purchase some weapons armor and vehicles for your use as well. Read the SWG forums if you want some good info.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 740 | From: Tranyland Pending | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you can email me at ragecrow@walla.com with your SWG info. I am planning on creating tonight. I downloaded the game last night. I was looking at the tera kasi and think it looks like a cool class but would be up for suggestions on grinding very quickly...

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

Tranys guide:
Here is the fastest way to become self sufficient.
1. professions, the starting ones are: medic(healing), marksman(ranged combat), brawler(melee combat), artisan(crafting), scout(exploration), and entertainer(mind and battle fatigue healing).
2. With my experience your best bet would be to start with scout and medic. Now choose between melee or ranged combat.
3. Where to go? I like the city theed on naboo. it is highly populated and you can find almost everything you need nearby.
4. commands to know;
• /t = /tell: This is a command to send a private message to another player. i.e.: /t playersfirstname hi. This will tell the player hi.
• /r: this is the reply command. You can use this to respond to a tell. i.e.: /r hello. this would tell the other player help.
• /g is the group tell command.
• ctrl+shift+s=rotate toon
• macros are your friend. your toolbar at the top of your screen can have another row if you make it larger.

I can teach you how to master marksman in a day to a day and a half. I can also sow you how to master medic in a day time frame. To experience the whole game of SWG in a 14 day or whatever period, you need to kill stuff. My recommendation would be to choose an elite ranged (pistoleer, carabineer, rifleman) and pair it with master medic and scout skills.

sorry about the formating, I wrote this on my palm.

Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

Luke: Start as a human or zabrak. And start with marksman. I can help you too, and it will give diversity to me you and hauser. Plan on going master rifleman. and pair that with master doc. you can make tons of money and heal anything. I can get you to novice doc and novice rifleman in 2 days or less if you follow my instruction.

Hauser: Go TKM, and get master medic too. I can tell you how to get TKM from novice in less then 4 days.

I got both of you the best armor money can buy, yet I still have to get you both bikes. I think you both will be hooke so dont worry about the expenses on my part, its worth it to play with ppl I know in RL.

--------------------
 -

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the help Trany! Luke, I played last night and in the hour or two I played it seemed very cool. It will take a little while to get used to ALL of the controls but they are pretty intuitive. The attack stuff is more like NWN than AC in that you queue up new special attacks or actions when attacking and they happen in that order. I can now understand all of the languages (thanks Trany) so the wookies that talk speak english and not "ooh ook oa aa arg ook" It is also like NWN in that the players make and create almost everything [Wink]

--------------------

Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

I have an order in with a guild mate to make some swoops for you guys. I have tons of knowledge, but if you need more check out the swg website forums here http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/. Due to the fact of your limmited time, I would strongly recomend not doing any crafting professions. I will also place a house for the two of you to use, but when your time is up, please leave the items there. I will have about half a million credits invested into each of you, and if you quit its all lose to me.
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Are you going to be on tonight? I will be on for sure at 10PM but may be on a little before that...

--------------------

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Klaus! You need to play this game. Do the 14 day trial with us and if you don't like it, your not out anything [Wink] It is like a 5-6 hour download of the game from fileplanet and then your ready to go!

--------------------

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think you understand. It's like smoking - I am sure I will like it, that's why I don't want to try it. [Smile]

I was planning on waiting for World of Warcraft before I get hooked on a subscription based game. But if you can convince Boon to play I might try it.

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

He is already hooked on another game so I am not sure if he will give in. I am going to get Chad to try it out... I am figuring if we can get acquainted with it before the expansion comes out, we will be ready to grab our joysticks and rock in the space part of it that everyone is new at. Trany's guy wears a little China man hat!

--------------------

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, give me a link to the trial version.

I thought Trany was a wookie striper? And he wears a china-mans hat???

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Here is the fileplanet link.

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/1409 38.shtml

Once you download it, on install it will open up a fileplanet page to give you your activation code for the 14 day trial. After install, start the game and create a station account in the SWG console thing. Once your logged in, click on "account" and activate your account with your trial code. Create a character on the Bria server. Trany really does look like a little chinaman. I created a Trandoshan
which is a lizard man and Trany is a Zabrak.

--------------------

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE, RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

YOU WILL ASSIMILATE!

WE WILL ALL BECOME SLAVES!

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It will be like that orange crap the somali's put in their mouths hehe [Wink] At least you get to try it for free. Usually I go spend 50-60 bucks on a game and do the one month free trial you always get with it to find out it isn't fun. (Dark Age of Camelot) At least I beta tested most of the other MMORPG's like Lineage2, Earth and Beyond, MUonline, Fung Wan online, and Eve online so I did not have to spend a dime on determining that they sucked [Wink] Some of them were sooooooooo bad.

--------------------

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

And on a good note, we won't have to post to see what everyone is doing on Friday nights anymore [Wink]

--------------------

Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

I work tonight, so I wont be there. I probbaly wont be on till late.

--------------------
 -

BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hauserdaddy:
He is already hooked on another game so I am not sure if he will give in.

I was so excited for this game, and when it came out I wasn't around, so my brother tried it.

He spent a lot of time on it when it first launched and was totally disappointed by it...but still played for 6 months and built high level characters. Only to be disappointed again and again by their patches, updates and how they decided to handle the Jedis.

He explained that you spent most of your time killing rats and searching for someone to DANCE for you so that you can heal up.

I don't know about the rest of you, but there's enough time wasting in MMORPG's just running from mission to mission. Spending time finding someone to fucking DANCE for you...well that just sounds like a waste of time.

Anwyay, I wanted to play this game so bad, but I do not have the time. I saw that the space expansion is coming and that would be the only reason I would play it now. Is there a way to play JUST space missions? Or do you have to build your scout/medic/doctor/dancing/juggling/assraping/sheeploving/carpenter/jawa/robot/cyborg for 50+ hours/levels just to buy a spaceship?

I'd be interested, but I have FFXI, NWN (still haven't beat it), FarCry, Halo (Still haven't beat it, Klaus!), Doom 3, MVP 2004 and MADDEN in a couple weeks.

No, I will not be trying many new games...or anything for that matter, when Madden comes out. [Wink]

Let me know how the space expansion works.

Plus you know that Fifth Dawn is available online now, right? I'm never leaving the house again! [weep]

[ 07-22-2004, 16:36: Message edited by: BoondockSaint ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll say this much, if they made Star Wars Galaxies with the Knights Of The Old Republic interface I would start playing TONIGHT.

That game is still the best Star Wars game I've ever played.

Sequel on the way!

Boon - can I borrow your Knights of the Old Republic? And do you need season 3 of Sopranos yet?

[ 07-23-2004, 09:19: Message edited by: Klaus ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Holy, that's a big download. At an average of 400Kpbs it has taken me 5 hours. 2 gigs damn.
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

I was going to post that exact thing but I figured you would see it soon enough hehe.

--------------------

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Trany, Do you work tonight again?

[ 07-23-2004, 08:52: Message edited by: Hauserdaddy ]

--------------------

BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by someone other than BoondockSaint:
Boon - can I borrow your Knights of the Old Republic? And do you need season 3 of Sopranos yet?

Sure you can borrow it. I need it back though, because someday if I have an extra 30+ hours laying around I was going to beat it going down the path of the dark side.

I don't need season 3 just yet. Tiffani's starting 6 weeks of 2-10 shifts, so I'll have a lot of time to watch tv, play games, etc etc...I'll need season 3 soon I'm sure. [Wink]

Also, I need to get my shoes and that bag of moldy clothes one of these days. [Big Grin]

--------------------
 -

Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

quote:
Originally posted by Klaus:
Holy, that's a big download. At an average of 400Kpbs it has taken me 5 hours. 2 gigs damn.

Yeah, i just started it before i went to bed and let it D/L overnight, since it takes so long.

Ill probibly be installing and playing later tonight.

--------------------

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

I probably won't be able to install and play until Sunday. I have weddings etc tomorrow.
Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

yes, I work, but should be off before 9pm, is my guess. I can take you on a Krayt dragon hunt. one of nastiest things in the game.

--------------------
 -

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Thanks Trany. Gimme a jingle when you hop on if you don't see me.

--------------------

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Luke is also going to play tonight. You need to set me up with something for my guy to do while I am sleeping [Wink] How about macro up the novice medic to master Doc? I have heard with a friend doing tumbletostand and me healing them, it takes a night or two afk and your there. Is this true?

--------------------

Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

If anyone wants to try it out, post the 14 day free trail period, I have a second account. I am working it to master Combat medic. I also have macros to master Marksman and any ranged combat while you're at work, sleeping what not. I have a macro too to master medic and the healing profs. I have seed money for anyone, but I am not filthy ritch and cant buy you the best shit.

--------------------
 -

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

I set up my guy last night and walked around for a bit to try and learn the controls. I did have a hard time getting "inverse mouse" to work. So I gave up and went to bed. Will try again tonight when I have more time. I am a Human Scout.
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

There is an inverse mouse option in the options window. Took me a while to find it also. I have had better luck running around and moving with the alternate pointer. Hit the "alt" button and a gold pointer will be displayed instead of the green circle. When you run around, if you use your mouse to slide left or right to the edge of the screen, it will turn your running guy in that direction. Once you have a speeder bike, It will be much easier to get around. A ride to Trany's house takes a minute versus the 5-10 minutes running. I do have an extra speeder bike now because I got one from Trany so Klaus, you can have it. I did get SWG re-downloaded last night after my computer problems this weekend.

Another helpful hint is to use the tilde (`) button. Once you click on or target something, hit the tilde button to bring up the radial menu for that person or monster. Then you can simply hit the 1 or 2 key to do that action. It saves tons of time and clicking. When attacking, don't click on stuff with the mouse, use the tab key to target stuff. I should be on tonight so post up your character names so I can add them to my friends list. My character's name is Ackideo-ymb.
Trany's is Krispin.

--------------------

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the tips. I did find the inverse mouse option but it didn't seem to work up and down. I had to go back to the "regular" mouse mode which I can't deal with. Maybe it will work tonight.

Where can I pick up my bike from? And when do I get to shoot shit?

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

You should go to the marksman trainer and train novice marksman. Trany can get you a gun to shoot stuff. What kind of character do you want to play? You can do melee (teras kasi (unarmed), fencer, two handed, one handed), or shoot guns (rifleman, carbineer, pistoleer). There are TONS of different options. The character I am playing is a teras kasi and I am training up skills in medic so I can heal and buff everyone. I will hop on tonight and give you the stuff Trany gave me on my guy. I buddy at work gave me his account that he doesn't play any longer so I actually have some stuff already [Wink] It is kind of slow going until you get through the lower levels of your profession. After that, you get to go kill rancor's Krayt Dragons, and some other nasty mean stuff. Make Trany get on and help you. He was on the first two nights I played and he answered all of my questions and showed me around. He also has some macro's that you could use to get some of the crappy grinding experience done with that you can leave overnight [Wink]

--------------------

This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005