Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Computer Forums » Computer Game Discussion » Desert Combat MOD (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Desert Combat MOD
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There isnt a conflict with any of the keys that i know of. I have my joystick set up to use the POV rotating button to change my views while im flying. But, i dont think this should matter when im not flying and not using the joystick. The Camera toggle button used to be C, which is right nest to right strafe (D), so i took it off that key since i though i could have been accidentaly hitting it. But, it still randomly changes the camera view occasionaly.

Is there any FAQ for the game that i can look ar?? The technical suppost is shit for this game from what i saw.

Its not a huge deal, i suppose i can manage with this minor error.

--------------------
It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crack_Dealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Klaus:
I am successful about 60% of the time. I can always get back into BF but sometimes when I alt-tab to the desktop I don't get a cursor.

If you don't get a cursor on the desktop when exiting a game, just try hitting the right mouse button. This usually works for me.

--------------------
"Rarely has it been so clear how much we, the ordinary people of this country, are better than our rulers. I hope that lesson is not lost on anyone, of any political persuasion."

Posts: 520 | From: Shakopee, MN USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On Easports.com there is a link to 1942's official site. There is a forums button there - go do a search.

Also, try to bind the toggle view to a button not the "hat" switch see if that changes anything.

[ 12-16-2003, 14:35: Message edited by: Klaus ]

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jomama:

SO how much was this one?

I think it was $20 - I will give it to you for $15 if you want it when you come to town. I like it but am really eyeing the Logitech wireless version because the Wingman takes up so much room on my desk.
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deal!

Hey, I need another button on my mouse for BF. I read Logitech has a wireless 8 button optical. Anyone experience with this??? Klaus you still using the MS mouse?

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I use the MS 5 button explorer. It's light and I am used to how the laser tracks.

I use the MX700 cordless (no lag/rechargeable) at work and LOVE it. It is heavy but it has 8 buttons. The original software only allowed 5 buttons to work in games but I have heard the newest update makes them all work. I will install and let you know.

Logitech also makes the MX500 or the corded 8 button version of the MX700. It is heavy too but you can take the weight out of it and it is quite light.

There is a new MX900 that just came out that is the same as the MX700 but uses Blue Tooth for the wireless. So you can use the cordless receiver/charger for other Blue Tooth devices (printers, cameras, headphones).

Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'm gonna try a logitech. How do you feel about the location of the extra buttons. Seem small, I'm gonna go over to Worst Buy and check it out. Cost me the same with shipping as buying online. I wish they would just add two buttons to the other side of the MS 5 button.
Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

The buttons are different then the MS mouse be warned. But you will get used to them.

Good deals at BB currently with rebates on all Logitech stuff.

Jomama
Member # 56

Got the Mouse/Keyboard combo for $69 bucks at CompUSA. Better than what I would be looking at paying at best buy here (listed at $99 on the website).

The button I think will be hard to use while gaming is the 2nd one below the wheel. TOO far under the palm of your hand.

Put it on the charger for 5 min and it works fine so far.

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

The combo is the only way to go. Sams has it for $59 here in town - that's cheaper then the mouse at CompUSA (at least here). I like that keyboard alot - nice volumn control. I have to have a split keyboard so Microsoft is the only I can go for a keyboard.

Let me know if you get the buttons to work in CS and 1942. If so I might bring my MX700 home and try it.

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couldn't get the Wingman to calibrate properly in Windows. Went to BB for some Christmas shopping and couldn't resist the Logitech freedom cordless - so I tried that. Same result it turns to the right just slightly..... So after an hour of searching the internet looking for solutions, it seems that after installing the Logitech program/drivers the Windows calibration goes away. I uninstalled and ran the calibration. Now it's fine about 50% of the time. The other 50% when I jump into a tank or plane it initially turns right but then stops and works after 20 seconds..... Wierd.

I just wish Logitech would stop making such fucked up drivers that don't work with XP. Joe you might find that you can't get the MX700 to work in counter strike if the Logitech software is installed. But if you un-install the Logitech crap then buttons 6&7 don't work.........grrrrrrrr

Jomama
Member # 56

Got the buttons to work, but its with logitechs weak fix. When you set the buttons in the mouse Utility you can pick keystroke . Then it gives you the option to enter keystrokes. I set it to "spacebar" and thats my reload in BF/DC that I initally wanted the additional buttons for. Set spacebar to walk in CS and it works. Its ok, see how I like it in the long run. Might have to get used to holding it a bit different to use the additional buttons. It seems a bit jeryky compared to the MS 5 button, but I'll give it a while. I like the keyboard.

[knife] I have the same prob with my wingman actually. I just didn't realize it with when you described it. But at the begining of each Game, the first time I go to fly, I move the joystick in a circle a few times, at its max. Then it won't do it the rest of that game. Otherwise it always started with a drastic pull/roll, that you had to counter or crash. I'm used to it now. Since you just installed this its obviously pointless to update drivers on it.

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

I remember now that's what Logitech added to fix the key mapping problem. In the beginning you could only choose like 10 commands including F10,F11,F12. But when you got into CS and tried to use them it wouldn't work. The keystroke re-mapping should work fine.

I noticed the same difference you are talking about with the MX700 and my other Logitech mice. The laser reacts differently compared to MS mice. If you pick up the mouse slightly it stops moving - where with a MS mouse you can pick it up about an inch before it stops working. I forced myself to get used to the Logitech mouse and now I have no problem with it. It should work for 10 hours constantly without needing a charge I have found. If I use it all day at work and don't charge it when I leave, the next day it will start to blink about mid-day. A small price to pay for a no lag cordless mouse.

Jomama
Member # 56

In case you didn't notice, they released a DC update today. Added littlebirds for both sides and modernized the aircraft carrier.
[beer]

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
link?
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

http://www.desertcombat.com/download_DC0.6.php
Jomama
Member # 56

I'm no help there. I've a tough time updateing this game and BF in general.
Jomama
Member # 56

I'm having probs with this. So far I've downloaded the file twice, and I end up getting a file thats about 170mb.... (should be 239mb)....
It functions. And loads most the game and then asks for Disk #2.
I've found a few other people having this prob on the DC forums but the only fix is to try and dwnload again.
I don't understand why there are so few mirrors for DC updates.

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

I got the update from fileplanet - the first mirror. Worked fine.
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Save the patch, I may just have you put it on a disk when I come back. I need some maps for 1.6 that I cant find too. I fucked up my aztec, cbbl, inferno, one other so they don't work anymore.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Ok, I have all the patches saved for the LAN.

A bunch of new maps - most are cool. One is a night map and I find it's very hard to see. The others are urban combat and a cool oil rig map. I find the little birds tough to fly but I can't fly choppers for shit.

Jomama
Member # 56

Third times a charm. Finally dwnloaded a full size file.

Little birds are awsome

I like the Night map, and Urban Siege, but I thought the oilrig setup was kinda gay.. There's no guns on the littlebirds in that one [Roll Eyes]

Jomama
Member # 56

Desert Combat 1.7 is slated for release today. Nothing yet on the website. May be a delay due to the BF update at the begining of the week.

[beer]

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Anything different in this release Joe? I downloaded it but haven't tried it yet. Is the buddy thing included?
Jomama
Member # 56

Didn't change anything. But they worked the lag out of the No Fly Zone Maps, and Urban Siege. Think they called it primarily a "optimizing" patch. They're are new texture's in several maps. There's Gulls flying around on Sea Rigs and Battle of 73 Easting is very cool looking now. They made the sky really detailed, and the little flag/location map at top right of the screen looks a lot better. The friends feature is still there.

[ 02-09-2004, 11:49: Message edited by: Jomama ]

Jomama
Member # 56

Just noticed that you can add yourself to your "friends" list. Your "name [killed] whoever" and Icon on the little map will then be bright green just like the rest of your friends.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe sent me a link to the newest (and last) DC patch/update. It's called DC Final and is the last update for the 1942 mod. I installed and play a lot this weekend. I like the changes they made and some of the new maps are awesome. I definately suggest you download and try it. Joe can post the IP for the server he plays on. I played there all weekend with decent ping (50-65) - lots of good players.

[gun1]

ps. Joe you play way too much.... you can fly a chopper like I have never seen....

[ 10-18-2004, 14:18: Message edited by: Klaus ]

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not like there is a lot to do in Alaska [Wink]

You can either hug bunnies or hunt em... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Dude, I haven't played even once a week since May.... When I do, helo's are my fav tho... this weekend is the most I've played at once since spring...

We have some even better helo pilots in KYOT and we play head to head when we meet up so I get the practice there a little....

Actually mike I spend a lot of time helping dumb fat bastards like yourself get out of the woods when they get lost [Razz] [Razz] [Big Grin]

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any tips for flying that fat pig Iraqi attack chopper? I think I got shot down 50 times last night by F15s and Apachis.....arrrg. The thing shoots good but the controls are sluggish.
Jomama
Member # 56

The hind.... its a flying schoolbus... just expect it to take 5 sec's to turn around, use momentum, etc..
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Yeah, that thing..... Drops like a rock and won't climb quick enough to avoid stingers and AA.... I am not going to play Iraqi anymore the aircraft blow.
Jomama
Member # 56

The mirage jet is the best fighter in the game...
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

I have kind of sworn off the jets. They are too fast for the small maps and it's tough to capture points with them... Waste of resourses most of the time. I love when all the points are captured and you can't respawn and 3 guys are flying around in jets..... [Roll Eyes]
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 8 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im having alot of trouble downloading DC final and DC 7. Tried a bunch of sources DL keeps getting broken 1/4 of the way in. Try again tonight i guess....... [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Did you get DC final yet, Chad?

Joe and I played for a couple hours last night - I am getting better again.

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got it finaly last night, havnt played yet. No time.
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005