Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Computer Forums » Computer Game Discussion » Battle Field 1942 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Battle Field 1942
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its still nerfed like BF:V unfortunatly, I wonder how much the MOD'ers can mess with the physics? Todays patch does say that they changed the yaw rate on the helo's and increased forward speed...
But the POE aircraft/helo's do handle a lot better than the BF:V era stuff. So its not BF:V but its not DC either.

Once I got used to the BF:V stuff, and now switch back and forth between the two games, I think it made me a better pilot in both games. The response time is just a lot slower in the BF:V engine so its tougher to get out of control but also tougher to do some of the tight spaced crazy helo moves that can be pulled off in DC.. (I can now roll the helo sideways 360 degrees in DC if I have enough altitude [Big Grin] can help shake someone behind you...)

I had a big "POP" in my joystick the other night, same one that I have at your house, still works, but its like the spring that returned it to top-dead-center became loose .... [Frown]

US get a much nicer looking apache and the now shit-canned commanche.  -  -
There's little birds for both sides, and two russian helo's for the Red side...
 -
 -
 -

They may or may not added this big 2 seater fighter bomber in the todays patch.
 -

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks very cool. I forgot how much I like flying the little birds (and how much I dislike the Helos in BFV) - I was very good at one time. Graphics look nice like the WW2 mod. Is there palm trees everywhere? They seem to like that graphic - was all over the WW2 mod.
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
POE's setting is a near future War for Oil in North Africa between the U.S. and Russia. There are some cool jungle maps, with better cover than BF:V, and some pretty cool huge desert maps.
They also mod over some BF:V maps as well as the originals, and added a few more this patch.

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Post a link to the patch when it's released [Smile]
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

http://pointofexistence.hypernia.net/

I think this is the Full 1.5 version instead of the incremental 1.5 patch that I would use.

If not just go to the POE website link I posted below..

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

I couldn't get the 1.5 update - all the links were not available. I will try agian tonight.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Got the update and installed it. Pretty cool game. The Helos seem a lot like they are in BFV - better in the controls but they don't like to gain altitude. Same with the planes - they drop in alt a lot easier then the DC aircraft.

I jumped on the server you sent me Joe - good news I ping 60 (but no one else was on). Maybe later tonight.

Jomama
Member # 56

I'm getting on right now to try it out.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Played last night for a couple hours. Very fun game. I do like the heads up display better then DC and the weapons are better then the vietnam stuff.

You guys should download and try it since you already own BFV.

Joe what is the new stuff in this version? It's all new to me.

Jomama
Member # 56

Not much actually, but they smoothed the gameplay a lot

Added:

======

•Sounds - Sounds, Sounds, and more sounds has been added to most of the content in previous versions, thanks to Wookie, our awesome new sound engineer

•New versions of the M4A1; un-scoped, silenced, reflex

•AK-74M - We've listened to you, and this has been given to the Russians

•XM-109 - Another community suggestion, this experimental 25mm Anti-Material has been added to a spawn able kit for the USA

•AT4 - a new Anti-Tank weapon has been added for the US side, found in a spawn kit

•MP5A4 - a new SMG for the US forces

•RPG-22 - new Anti-Tank weapon for the Russians

•RPG29 - Russian Heavy Anti-Tank weapon found in spawn kit

•Mk23 SOCOM - Silenced handgun for US

•US Player Skins

•Music! - Menu/load music

•Custom Vehicle Icons

•New scope textures on m8, m4a1 and the Sniper Rifles

Tweaked:

========

•T90 vs. M1A2 - the issue with the T90 being more resilient to hits has been resolved, making for more balanced tank combat

•Helicopter Yaw slightly increased

•Plane Acceleration slightly increased

•HeliMG's- Added Splash damage vs. infantry

•Increased Velocity On Airplane/Heli MG's

•Mara - This map has been given a new facelift by GreyJedi

•BFV1.2 maps converted to PoE (Defense_of_Con_Thien, Fall_of_Saigon, Saigon68, and Operation_Cedar_Falls)

•Improved AI

This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005