Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Computer Forums » Computer Game Discussion » Star Wars Galaxies (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Star Wars Galaxies
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I played alot over the weekend, and will give my first impressions on the game.

Pros:
-Great graphics. The character detail, terrain and sky boxes make it really immersive and realistic. The animations of the characters are also very well done.
-Good sound. Sound effects of the blasters, enviornment, driods, etc are all really nice.
-Large continuous worlds. There is so much area to explore between 9 HUGE worlds its rediculous.
-Star wars setting. Pretty self explainitory here, star wars is the shit.

Cons:
-First and foremost are the controls. The way they set up the default controls is the most retarded thing i have EVER seen. First of all, they made is so you cant use ANY letter or number keys themselves since that would just type into the chat window automatically. So, you have to press shift+ for EVERYTHING. Thats retarded. However, i found the option to turn this function off so you have to press a key to activate chat. So, i just use my "t" key to activate chat and can now use my W-S-A-D keys for movement and others for emotes and other things. It took me about 3 hours just to fix the fucking controls alone, but once i was done it was pretty easy to move around.
-Lack of player interaction. Literally half of the people i run into are AFK macroing, which is lame as hell when you need help or something. And the problem is the game completely relies on player interation. If your wounded and need a heal, you need to find a PC doctor. There are no NPC vendors to sell stuff, so basically ALL sales are done by PC's. You need tro go find a PC dancer to wear off your combat fatigue.
-Not much to do. I dont really like the quest system, its too repetitive. I like unique quests that you have to find by talking to a certain NPC. Here, you just pick a quest from the terminal and its the same crap every time.

Anyways, i still plan on playing for a while, since i havnt seen hardly any of what the game has to offer. But so far, im not all that impressed to tell the truth. Maybe ill like it once i get further into it though. Well see.

I should be on some later tonight after poker.

--------------------
It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trany   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It takes a bit to get used to. Alt is your friend, it toggles mouse look. My scrolly wheel zooms in and out, from first person to chase. I will be on later tonight ~11pm and I have Tuesday off, so I should be able to get some solid time on in. I will go out and do more shoping I guess.

Luke, to enjoy the game to its fullest you have to master professions. I AFK'ed a bunch and still do, its a time to gain ratio I'm looking at. The elite professions take like 3.6 M xp in the respective areas to master. On a good run buffed I can pull in 200-300k in a 3hr period.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 740 | From: Tranyland Pending | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what type of guy I want - I guess the idea of running around and healing people like the medic in TFC, is not all that appealing. I want to shoot stuff and fly around on a speeder bike. How do I get to Trany's house or shanty or whatever?

Can I mess with other players or will they report me to Darth Vader or something? (I haven't really seen anyone yet except for the training guys in the terminal thing)

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trany   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually you can do a few missions for vader, maybe even have tea with him. If you want to shoot shit get novice marksman, scout is only good to hunt and harvest, while it does give you TN (terrain negotiation) wich helps you run up hills faster, with the advent of speederbikes it really doesnt matter. Rifleman has the highest damage dealt, with a devestating mind bleed. Pistol has the fastest damage, while carbineers are in between. its your call, I would first suggest that you read the forums here. Then decide.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 740 | From: Tranyland Pending | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

my second account is loop; I was just raped twice by a NPC dark adept jedi. I must really suck with my main. Thats like a kick to the nuts.

--------------------
 -

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trany, What would be more effective for high end content (krayt's, nightsisters etc.)

TKM and Rifleman

TKM and combat medic 4404

TKM and master doc

I was reading up on CM's and they have some nasty poison grenades and area affects that do DOT. I am currently halfway 2240 on medic so I should be able to finish that up and go either CM or Doc with little problem. It just looks like TKM's have no chance of taking out some of the higher end content in the game due to their 80-100% kinetic resist.

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

as it sits, rifleman, and master doc are the best template to use. There is a combat ballance comming out in a few publishes and that will address damage issues. The Rifleman have stackable mind bleeds and have a mind hit that can devestate anything in the game, the developers I doubted intended for this.

--------------------
 -

Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

Heres the macro (note the capitol letters this is needed).

/ui action cycleTargetOutward;
/attack;
/pause 1;
/ui action toolbarSlot00;

Place it in the first slot of the toolbar and you are good to go. With low level critters and hit ctrl+shift+s and your toon should spin. Shut off your moniter and go to work.

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I had a macro for my work [Smile]
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What if the shit your fighting can hurt you enough to kill you? What about your battle fatigue building up? The macro doesnt seem to take those into account.

--------------------
It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is using a rifle and his hitting the lowest level mobs right outside of town. They are not even getting to him to hit him and I believe that battle fatigue happens when you take damage more than when you shoot. I could be wrong on this. Were you on last night luke? I played for a couple hours and didnt see you. My in game name is ackideo-ymb so add me to your friends list. I went to dathomir and did rancor missions. it was very cool. Did Trany get you a nice pistol yet? If not I will pick you up one tonight. The wifey works so I will be on around 10PM...

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

no I still have to go weapon shopping. The bf builds up bot not that much, the dessise can build up and mess you up.

--------------------
 -

This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005