Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Computer Forums » Computer Game Discussion » Battlefield Vietnam (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Battlefield Vietnam
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought it...

And the wireless logitech joystick...

Prepare to die ya slant eyed bastards!!!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great joystick. Remember to calibrate it in windows if it turns left automatically. And the thing turns off after 2 minutes of non-use so get used to reaching over and pulling the trigger as you run up to a plane.......

More info
http://www.noncompliance.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000121

[ 03-31-2004, 10:01: Message edited by: Klaus ]

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God damn this game is fun.

I still suck at helicoptors, but I kick me some ass in the planes... [Wink]

What server do you guys play on?

Also, what's the deal with the LiveUpdate thing? It says it's not running a DRAMA network? WTF?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chad & Eric - I will be playing tonight - get on MSN and I will tell you what server I am on.
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

I'll be playing tonight too.

I'll call you.

--------------------
 -

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They don't make it as easy as 1942 to find what the server IP you are playing on is. The console command is:

game.getip

That should display the ip.

Also the best FPS program I have found is called Fraps and can be downloaded here:

http://www.fraps.com/downloads.htm
You want 2.1.0 demo

It's a small program that runs in your system tray and displays the FPS in any game.

I get about 50-60 in BFV with all settings maxed out. 70 FPS if I overclock to 5950 Ultra speed.

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the server that Eric and I have been playing on:

Wisconsin death trip

BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Klaus and I had a fun little adventure last night:

I'm running towards a control point when I hear a Jeep closing in behind me, I turn around and jump in...and Klaus is driving. Hooray.

As we're closing in to the control point we spot a mobile artillery vehicle coming at us. Naturally I jump out to get a better angle at shooting the driver, and Klaus shoots me! Bastard! [Wink]

Actually this is a really good server. Low pings and decent players (but not THAT good...Klaus and I are in the top 5 usually)

"Racists and homophobes will be kicked/banned" though, so Trany you may want to stay away. [Big Grin] [lol]

--------------------
 -

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Actually, it was a really bad gernade throw that bounced off your back that killed you....sorry bout that! [Mad] So after that I turned the jeep around and headed back to the spawn point looking for you - whole time playing flight of the Valkris and hooking the horn.....never did find you but dodged enemy fire until I tried to run an enemy over, who got stuck on the hood and shot me.... fun game.

Wisconsin Death Trip is pretty cool - it's all I play on now. Some of the guys are really good, but there are alot of newbs also. The admins are a bit over controlling but that's not a huge deal.

Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pinged over 200 to the Cheesy server, so no joining you there.
Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Took me awhile to get that one......

Try joining once tell me your ping. I pinged it the other day at 120 but once I joined it was 35.....

Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I typically get a lower ping connected then when I ping it from the serverlist screen like you, but I don't even bother if its over 150 from serverlist screen, it will only drop a little, and at this point this game has been unplayable for me above about 120ping.

Filter [4M] with the brackets in your server name list. Should show two servers, one is ususally empty but there is a 40player server thats normally full. They're on the Univ of Washington Network and have a hugh pipe, much like the CSM DC server. I ping 60, and its fun to actually have more than 6-9 people per side.

I've also played on Hellkatz server, not sure where it is but I ping sub 100.

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

The original email about the patch was a Hoax [Roll Eyes]

But this was on EA's BF:V website the other day.

Community Update - 4.9.04

THANK YOU!
Online numbers for BFV were huge the first week it was released and they don't show signs of slowing down. You're all obviously enjoying the the game! Everyone at DICE and EA would like to thank the fans and welcome all the new faces to the world of Battlefield!

Battlefield Vietnam Update
For those of you familiar with Battlefield 1942, you're already aware of the level of support you can expect from the Battlefield team. Battlefield Vietnam is no exception. In the next few months you can expect to see updates which add new features, incorporate community requests and add new content. We're currently working on an update which will incorporate some of your suggestions such as tweaking the M60/LAW combo as well as addressing performance issues experienced by some people. Stay tuned for more information on this in the upcoming weeks.

Server Admins
Be advised, BFV has a higher bandwidth requirement than Battlefield 1942. This is due to the new features added in the game such as overgrowth and airlifting. We are working to optimize these further, but a simple solution includes properly choking your servers to the appropriate setting. We also recommend that you run only one instance of BFV on a server based on your bandwidth pipeline. Some rules of thumb include:
16-player: WinOS or Linux/1.8Ghz processor/256MB RAM/T1 connection
32-player: WinOS or Linux/2.8Ghz processor/512MB RAM/T1 connection
64-player: WinOS or Linux/3+Ghz processor/512MB RAM/T3 connection (You will need at least 4Mbit of bandwidth)
ATI Card Users
We are currently discussing with ATI the issues with BFV and certain high-end ATI cards. As an interim solution, if you turn off Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering you will have a much better playing experience.

That's it for this week, so until we talk next, happy hunting!

EAComMike and the rest of te Battlefield team

Jomama
Member # 56

Update today on the BF:V site.

Patch mabey next week sometime

Community Update - 4.30.04

Update 1.01 Info
DICE and EA are pleased to announce that the first Battlefield Vietnam update has entered the home stretch here at EA and should be ready for release in the very near future. We've spent some time gathering and evaluating the feedback on Battlefield Vietnam from the community, community forums and from the Battlefield Vietnam Performance Issues e-mails we solicited back in mid-March. We're happy to report that we have been able to address many of these issues for the update.

While future Battlefield Vietnam updates will include game features that were added to Battlefield 1942 post-ship (such as the Voting GUI), v1.01 is intended to address community related issues. The following is a list of the major items being addressed in v1.01. Of particular note in this list are tweaks to server functionality that should provide a much improved play-experience on servers that are hosting high-player-count games (please note the server hardware requirements posted in the Community Update from April 9, fixes to the internal server browser functionality, and rebalancing of the M60, the RPD and the US Heavy Assault kits.

SERVER FIXES
General optimizations to reduce server lag
CDkey hash added to game.listplayers output
game.listPlayers uses the new format:
#Id: - is remote ip: : hash:
Gamespy port setting fixed
game.gameSpyPort - now working
game.gameSpyLANPort - now working
game.ASEPort - removed (not supported by ASE)
All Seeing Eye updated
Battlefield Vientam games no longer appear in Battlefield 1942 ASE list
Player details should appear correctly in ASE server list
CLIENT FIXES

Sort by Ping fixed in Server Browser
Scrollbar fixed in Server Browser
Soldier prediction fixed to remove jerky movements when walking/jumping
M60 removed from the LAW kit and replaced with M14
M60 and RPD min/max bullet deviation increased when standing/moving
M60 and RPD max bullet deviation decreased slightly when prone
Rate of fire and velocity of M60/RPD adjusted
Player movement speeds on Heavy Assault kits reduced slightly
Network overhead of vehicle engines and airlifting significantly reduced
Added minimap warning icon when enemies are within capture radius of an opposing team flag
Keep an eye on this space in the coming weeks for an announcement on the release of 1.01.

BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Update is ready:

http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/vietnam/us/editorial.jsp?src=community_update_08

--------------------
 -

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Thanks, I installed it last night and played a bit. I can't say that much has changed. I thought they were going to include the buddy system like the last 1942/dc patch had? The M60 is not available with the LAW anymore - they replaced it with some shitty single shot gun.....You can have the gernade launcher and M60 tho.
Matress
Posting God
Member # 71

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you guys still playing this at all? Goat and myself just got the game running a couple days ago. Yes I'm cheap I am using one of his cd's and found a nice cd key somewhere over the rainbow, but has been working flawless for me. I'll go ahead and add Deathtrip to my faves and see if I can find ya
Posts: 208 | From: Chaska MN | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

I still play a bit of BFV. I have been playing DC lately but not on any particular server.
  This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005