Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Computer Forums » Computer Game Discussion » Half Life 2 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Half Life 2
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My only complaint with steam... Fix the friggen friends feature.... I was trying to PM you all day yesterday, and Ryan... every PM would time out.. Friends always drops, or crash's my game if I actually recieve a PM...
Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jomama:
My only complaint with steam... Fix the friggen friends feature.... I was trying to PM you all day yesterday, and Ryan... every PM would time out.. Friends always drops, or crash's my game if I actually recieve a PM...

YES>

This feature has gone from bad to worse, more every day since the release of HL2. It was maybe 50% prior to than now it works maybe 10% of the time. Horrible.

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see what the problem is, Steam works flawlessly for me.

Yes the download of HL2 took a full day, but that had more to do with my slow high speed than it did Steam. (I got DSL last week...much better!)

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With my budget, I doubt I'll ever get hi-speed Internet - it's too hard to justify that expenditure every month. DSL isn't even available to me yet and cable without the package deals (I have satellite) is more than my gas bill. [Frown]
Posts: 559 | From: Blaine, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turn on your steam, they just released HL2:Deathmatch this evening..
Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

I haven't played a DM game in years, man its tough to get used to how fast it is...
While there is nothing particularly new or unique to this... I'd really like the chance to use the gravity gun to smack chad in the head with a radiator or toilet.... (in game of course) [Wink] j/k [Big Grin]
Needless to say its ten times more hysterical than the single player when you have 10 guys running around throwing everything.. including the kitchen sink, at each other... Shit is just flying everywhere. I played with some friends last night and we were using Gravgun only... just hysterical with the ragdoll physics.... Its tough to last more than 10-15 secs at a time..

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Half Life 2: Forgotten Coast is now out.

It's free to anyone that owns HL2. It's not an expansion but a new area. Kind of a demo area and not very long. Fun to do once and hear the developers talk about the environment. I guess a actual expansion will be out in the future.

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005