Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Computer Forums » Computer Game Discussion » Counter-Strike

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Counter-Strike
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I love this game and any of you that have already played it do too. It is my understanding that Klaus now has a server for it up and running at 63.228.7.30

I would like for you to all try it and message this thread about dates and times when we could all play together. This game is much more fun if we would all work together as a team. Hopefully my DSL comes on time ("they" told me around March 15 or so) It does seem to work just fine with 56k though I usually can get around 180 ping or so which seems to be adequete. Anyway, the web site is www.counter-strike.net. The game is a add on for half-life which only runs about 20 bucks now. No excused you all need to play.

MIKEY

Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they should rais the server max players to at least 16. This game is more fun when there are lots of people.

c

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's my understanding that they are going to attempt to go higher by 2's and see where the breaking point is. I talked to Scott and he said it should be 12 tomorrow.
Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just downloaded the MOD at work, of course. Only took 15-20 minutes for 80 megs. I'll set it up tonight.

Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

I think Pfaff will be a mad man at this game. I cant wait to see him bomb the hell out of those people.
Posting God
Member # 20

I like this new MOD. It's a little hard to tell who's on your side sometimes because everyone is dressed nearly the same, and it takes a little longer for their names to appear in the HUD. I don't like the way you have to buy shit when you die. I wonder if there's a way to make a hot key to buy the same stuff faster. I'll have to play it more to get used to the differences. I really like the variety of guns. The AK is cool.
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Tim you will get used to the good/bad guys in no time. It took me a few days too. On some servers there is very little time to buy stuff at the begining of the level and it makes it really tough for newbies like us.
Posting God
Member # 20

I think there is a patch out there for the server that will disconnect all cheaters. I thought I saw something about it on counter-strike.net.

There was a guy on there yesterday that was using that clock speed cheat, or whatever it is, where they move super fast. I killed the fucker a few times, but I still hate fucking cheaters.

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you guys played the new map "jeepster".
It was the funniest stuff i have seen in a long time. Its a big circle track with jumps and bumps and water and there are perches in places too. But it has two jeeps in it and when you start everyone can get into the jeeps and drive them around and its like 1930s gangster drive-bys and stuff cause there is like 10 guys in each jeep and they drive around an fire barages at eachother.

I couldnt Stop laughing for like 10 mins after playing this map.

Its great scott should put it on the server.

Chad

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should be able to up the server to at least 12 internet players. There is a way I think to reserve spots for the admin and others with a password, so I will check into that. The server itself can handle many more players but I am not sure how our bandwith would be affected. 12 players (internet) was about the max for TFC. I can add jeepster too.

Klaus

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brent have you tried this MOD yet? It has the desert eagle in it.....
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm back to dial-up for a connection, so I haven't been playing online for quite some time. I've heard about the MOD, but haven't seen it...
Posts: 559 | From: Blaine, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, now that I've read-up on Counter Strike, I have only one question:
"Why do you take two years to develop a Half-Life MOD that came out three years ago as a game called Rainbow 6?"

Posts: 559 | From: Blaine, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

If you've played ranbow siz and you've played this MOD then you will see that there is really no comparison. This mod to halflive plays like rainbow siz should have. With its multiplayer options and genral playability, counter-strike is all that was missing in rainbow six and more. Yes the premise is the same but counter-strike is much more geared in the multiplayer sense.

Options like weapon choice, sniper rifles, and in this game you can be the terrorists! make this game so much fun.

Belive me there is a night and day difference.

And i own and liked playin R6.

Chad

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Yeah, it plays a lot like rainbow six as far as the "becareful because there are no health packs around" part. But it's timed and the game uses a money system to reward players for winning the round or not killing the hostages.

If you have a dial up connection through qwest pings to my server are usually low 200s I have found. Also valve and sierra reworked the net code for half life and damage is now calculated more on the client side so low ping dosen't mean such a big advantage anymore (damn, I have 12 ping to my server) Half life is actually quite playable now over a modem.

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Yeah, it plays a lot like rainbow six as far as the "becareful because there are no health packs around" part. But it's timed and the game uses a money system to reward players for winning the round or not killing the hostages.

If you have a dial up connection through qwest pings to my server are usually low 200s I have found. Also valve and sierra reworked the net code for half life and damage is now calculated more on the client side so low ping dosen't mean such a big advantage anymore (damn, I have 12 ping to my server) Half life is actually quite playable now over a modem.

Posting God
Member # 20

What happened to the CS server? Did you guys take it down or has it moved?
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

I think my brother re-started the server but didn't start up the cs server after the re-boot. I will check when I get home tonight.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Ok, the server is back up. The address is 63.228.7.30:27015. See you on there.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Server is currently down. Need to figure out why it wants the same IP address as my computer (10.0.0.2). Should be up in the next day or so.
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005