Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Computer Forums » Computer Game Discussion » Hey!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hey!
Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What maps do I need to download???

------------------
Cremator

Posts: 559 | From: Blaine, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now we are only running maps that come with the 1.1 update. If you have retail half-life and you updated to 1.1 (19mb I think) you might be missing one map that they forgot to include in the update (dust2) I think.
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 13 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you should take dust2 out anyway since retail players never have it.

Besides it sucks anyway!

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fine! Brent let us know when you want to play - we can meet you on my server. Once you get 3-4 ppl on it fills up fast.
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I expect to get my motherboard and CPU today, so the long process of rebuilding begins. I hope to be up-and-running this weekend, so maybe CS can be my T-Bird test!

Brent

Posts: 559 | From: Blaine, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck with the swap. If you have any questions let me or Mike know (Mike just did the T-bird switch)

We all played last night for quite awhile - fun when we are all on there (now if I can only get my brother to give the game half a chance)

Let me know if I can provide you with a qwest dial up number and password (i have several that work). It might help your connection to the server, since you are still using dial up - correct?

Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brent, I really didn't have any problems with my swap. I went from a K62 400 to a 800 T-bird. Aside from a few minor issues with the power stuff in the bios (which is all disabled now) mine went great. I didn't even have to re-install windows. Windows just redected all my new hardware and took care of business. Anyway, just my 2 cents. I think you will find it surprisingly easy. later

Mikey

Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually forget something rather than have real issues. I'm thinking of bumping my V770 AGP to 4x from 2x, but I've heard about lock-ups and problems. Any of you tried it?

Brent

Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, here's my current dilemma:
I am trying to install Win98se from scratch, but the PC locks-up after only a few % (6-13) during the initial install screen. I've tried fucking with the AGP video card and there are no other peripherals attached.

Any ideas?

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it could be a number of things. The same thing happened to a computer I was putting together a couple months ago. The reason that mine didn't work was because of the memory. The only way I figured it out was because I tried to load WIN2000 instead and it did the same thing. Have you tried a different video card? Make sure all the jumpers are set correctly. You might try and bump the memory to 100mhz from 133 see if that makes a difference.

Also, did you copy the win98 cabs to your hard drive before you installed or are you using a cd to install from? I had a bad cd rom and when it got to a certain point during install (80% I think) it would fail and lock up.

Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, now I sent the mobo back 'cause it wouldn't even POST anymore.
If I ever get this fucker up-and-running, I'll load CS and kill some of you bastards...

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005