Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Computer Forums » Computer Game Discussion » Everyone Please Read!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Everyone Please Read!
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a very good explanation of the hit boxes used in Counter strike.

http://www.summerblue.net/games/counterstrike/index_only.html

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 10 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just as I expected - totally random.
Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not totally random - but the client side displays hits and misses before the server side has decided if they are in fact hits or misses.

That's the annoying part! I see blood fly and assume I hit a player (but the server calculates a miss)

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 8 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus Christ, so its not perfect, PULL THE TRIGGER QUICKER NEXT TIME!

j/k

It agravates me too sometimes

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bug i hate the absolute worst is when your around a corner and for some reason some schmuck can see your ass hanging out even though there is no damn way he should be able to and it gets shot off. Thats the most annoying to me. There was a sight I was on that had live demo's of the hit box and bullet size tests. They shot weapons through boxes crates and people standing in a row to see how far the bullet traveled and if it changed course. Kinda cool. I gotta try and find it again.
Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hauser - did you bother to go to the site I linked in the first post of this thread??? That's the web site you are refering to......
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I think that was one of the sites where i saw the info. Thanks !
Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005