Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Computer Forums » Computer Game Discussion » Anyone playing tonight? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anyone playing tonight?
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had a lot of fun on tuesday night with 4 or 5 of us killing each other. Plus its nice to see Pfaff killing with such exuberance .
He was rocking all of us.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 14 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in sometime between 9 and 10 for sure.

Chad

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah chad I reformatted Barney's computer for him and 3 boot floppies we tried were bad. I had to actually make a brand new one.... It always seems like you need a new one every single time.
Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 14 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be on there! Hopefully I can shoot as lucky as I did the other night!

I've been getting more familiar with the Survivor and Storm maps. I like the twist in Survivor. It's kind of a reverse Assault. Storm is a huge map! Similar to Dust2 with the bridge/tunnel, etc.

Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Trany   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott, could you burn me a disk with the updat and maps either in use or soon to be used? I am on a F'N dial up and don't want to wait 30 days to download a new map. Qwest and ATT can choke on a big DICK.
Posts: 740 | From: Tranyland Pending | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would also be helpful if we could throw all the maps we use on an FTP server so we could pull the whole thing down and copy over our not compatible maps. I am getting incompatibilities all he time now :{
Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Trany   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know if High speed Internet access is now 100% compliant in Eagan?
Posts: 740 | From: Tranyland Pending | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

ask pfaff. he has been doing research for the last 2 years when qwest told him he could get it back two years ago :{ He just got it a month or two ago but i bet he knows where it is available or and where it isnt.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hauserdaddy:
It would also be helpful if we could throw all the maps we use on an FTP server so we could pull the whole thing down and copy over our not compatible maps. I am getting incompatibilities all he time now :{

I don't know why you have incompatible maps Hauser, you might try to reinstall the last update and overwrite your maps. Download the full 1.3 update that will bring any version up to date. I think that includes all the maps again and not just changed ones.

Trany - Call me and let me know when you want to stop by and pick up the cd, it will only take me about 5 minutes to burn it - I have all the updates and maps downloaded.

I will be on the server late tonight - probably after 10pm - hope to see you guys there.

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is thurs. still the designated play night. If so count me in. I just couldn't see going into work tonight.
Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have probs with maps. I've re-installed the current version. And then re-unzipped all the mappacks and it still is making me download certain maps when I try and connect.
Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

What time?

Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 13 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor turnout....

Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I wasn't able to make it.... Thursdays are getting to be a bad night for me - with climbing and drinking afterwards.

Anyone wanna switch to Wednesday nights?

Also, I will probably be around tonight if anyone wants to play and have a few beers.

Joe- You need to goto http://www.counter-strike.net/ and download the fix for the patch you installed that was missing maps.

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

I cant connect to the server. It keeps stating that no connection could be estblished. Ofcourse I am on a fricking dial up. Is there a script to drop high pings? I ussually hit ~300. oh well.
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 4 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trany:
Does anyone know if High speed Internet access is now 100% compliant in Eagan?

There are areas near Lexington & Loan Oak that can get DSL. I think the CO is at that intersection. There were rumors that Qworst was moving DSL equipment to other COs so that they could have larger coverage. I've seen non-descript brick buildings in Eagan being added on to and getting larger air conditioning units. This suggests to me that they are adding more equipment to these buildings, perhaps for DSL or ADSL.

There was spotty coverage in Eagan for AT&T cable. I just got it 2 months ago where I'm at. AT&T sent out flyers to residence in Eagan saying that there was total coverage. I called right when I got the first notice, but of course it was limited coverage. I think I was one of the last areas to get it, so cable may be everywhere in Eagan by now.

Call Qworst and AT&T or try their web sites.

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 6 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried to play last night but kept getting flush entry packets. Anyone ever find out what the cause of that is? I think im going to reistall CS tonight.
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

That Building on Lone Oak and Lexington is Qwest's CO. The only movement I know of hapening in Qwest's CO's is Burnsville. Which they Co-Locate with Frontier. If that is your CO, Contact either and see whats up. AT&T said that they covered me two years ago. To this day I doubt if I can get my whole 56k. Bastards. I am right behind Cub for a short time. Hmmmm
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Scott D. Didn't you post a link recently to a downloadable prog that will tell you were others are playing CS??? Will you post it again if I'm not mistaken.
Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 4 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The program is called Server Watch 3.0. It's a pretty cool little program that allows you to monitor a number of different games on differnet servers. I uploaded a copy here:

http://www.usinternet.com/users/tpfaff/Apps/HL-SW/

Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jomama,

I had a similar experience with the maps problem. You need to make sure that all your .bsp files and the texts for the maps are in /counter-strike/cstrike/maps and all the .wad files (all maps dont have them) are in /counter-strike/cstrike after you unzip. If you have the .bsp files in this folder, they wont run.

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone is playing tonight, throw the IP up here. That was a lot of fun there for a while till us CT's got schooled on Italy .

Klaus?? It started out fine, but we ended up with a bad lag there on your server with only about 10-12 people on????? (not that I know a whole lot about all this shit an how it works).

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, the server is only good for about 8-10 internet players because of the 256K upload limit we currently have. 10-12 is possible if all players have low ping, but if one higher ping player joins – everyone usually goes up quick. When I am on the server and this happens I usually kick the higher ping player and all is fine. I think I will make my monthly call to Qwest about upping the speed to 512K (12-18 players). They are still saying I “don’t qualify for anything over 256k” – but I have the same signal strength as we had at the apartment and we had 512k for 2 years. I might just try and have them place the upgrade order and see what happens but they are always saying they don’t recommend it.

Lan games work well because we have 6-8 people on the Lan and up to 10 joining on the internet – we had 18 players on last Lan party with no problem.

Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

Qwest, is trying to screw you and every customer out there. They just don't want to "waste" the band width. Qwest as the analy intruding bastards that they are, have hit a financial pit. They wont expand their network unless you pony up the dough. If they feed you the " I don't recomend it" line tell them that you want it. Or poop in their shoes
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 6 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trany:
....poop in their shoes....

Hmmmm......

Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

It sounds like a good idea to me....
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That’s exactly how I got the DSL at our house in the first place (not by pooping in their shoes) – they said we didn’t “qualify” and I argued that we were the same distance from their station after we moved then before. Finally, they accepted that we qualified but wouldn’t give us the always connected version, again because we “didn’t qualify” I asked to talk to a tech and told him, I knew we could get the deluxe version because we had it at our old place. He finally said I was correct and gave us the always connected DSL. So Trany I believe you are correct that Qwest has some policy against selling the deluxe version (unless they are forced to) and also selling the higher speeds.
Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Trany   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I work with Qwest on a daily basis. It is a commonly held belif. I have a co worker who just came here after a Qwest lay-off, and she thinks Qwest is going to be sold or file Chapter 11. Either way (pooping in their shoes, or requesting service) work well. Qwests biggest philosophy is "who else are you going to use" they are right, after the break up in '84 the telcos were founded by former Bellcore yahoos. Now it's a legal monopoly that fixes rates and inflates cost', by selling crappy service. It has gone full circle causing a rash of silly and anoying problems.

FUCK QWEST EVERY TIME.

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 8 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frontier Isn't any better

In fact its worse in that i basically live in chicago as far as my internet connection is concerned.

Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

You have to use their logic. Who else are you going to use???? All you have to do is call them and bitch, not negetivly. Just escalate any anoyances or service problems to the appropriate chanells.
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

I would love to if i had the extra time but it is a minnimum 45min wait with thoes fuckers.
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

CHAD Start a server at your work!
Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

Email, Snail male, with or without Anthrax, Pipe Bomb. You have plenty of options.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Ok, place your bets…….. I called Qwest and told them I had talked to a guy about a month ago about upgrading to the next speed up (512k). They took a look at the lead time and said “sure we can have it done by the end of the month”. Somehow my experience with Qwest tells me that this order is either going to get lost or not performed because we “don’t qualify”.

Should the order actually go through – the server will rule, just like the 18 player TFC server from 3 years ago.

ps We are getting a T1 at work soon....... There will be multiple servers...

Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

Not before the first of the year, is my educated guess.
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Klaus are you going to be too drunk after rock climbing tonight to play CS? We had a lot of fun the other night.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Ok, who knows the difference between the Cisco 675 and the Cisco 678 router? I believe that they are the same router but the software on the router is newer on the 678. I upgraded my software on the 675 to the same version as comes on the 678 – so I believe they are the same now.

Reason I am asking is I received my first call back from Qwest about the order. She said I need the 678 router to get the faster speed. I said we had 512k with this modem in the past. She claims they are using “new technology” that won’t work with the 675. I told her she was full of shit and to send the order through. She promised to call back tomorrow after she checks into it further. (goody goody)

Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

Qwest is dicking you, It should be a Muxed (multiplexed) circuit. Qwest should have facilities in place to utilize 512k. On a larger level, the DSL line is basically a T-1 split up into channels. There are 24 Channels on a T-1. Or 1.54 Mbps total. So you figure that you are using half the T-1(6 channels). Now I believe that Qwest is using either the Cisco 2600 series equipment. The 2600 series has been used for a few years and it should have been the gear used to your prior 512k. So from the information that I have and my limited knowledge, Qwest is blowing smoke up your arse.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

I talked to a friend who is in Vegas this week about the difference between the 675/678 routers - he asked at the Cisco booth and I guess qwest is correct - they use different DSL types. I got the below email from my ISP about Qwest DSL speeds -

DSL - Qwest has simplified (if that's possible for Qwest to do) their speed offerings to 256k, 640k, 1M... SDSL - so the up and down are the same. So it sounds to me that you are qualified for the 640/640 speed. If so, you can tell Qwest (they prefer end user calls them to make change) to upgrade your speed to the higher level (they control the speed, we do not); then let me know so I can add the change internally.
Thanks!
Mark

Trany
Poo Master
Member # 31

When you call Qwest, Make sure to get a tier 3 number(s). That way you will bypass the tier 1,2 out of India. Tier 3 are English-speaking folks living inside our borders.
  This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005