Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Computer Forums » Computer Game Discussion » Alternate Server [Wanted]

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Alternate Server [Wanted]
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night Kanker was down when I got home so I jumped on the [WANTED] server, which is based in the Twin Cities. I wasn't on for long but I got good ping and the players seemed decent. Funky map rotation though. The [Wanted] clan isn't as good as VvV but they do have a lot of members so they are pretty good. I guess they hold LAN events in Minneapolis every couple weeks - we should go sometime. Here is their web page.

Server address is: 208.205.23.201 [gun1]

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somthing funky is going on with CS servers lately. Last night when the Kanker server got fucked up and no one could join - so did the two other servers I play on..... Weird [Confused] After the admin restarted the WANTED server everything was ok, although I guess no admins of Kanker noticed and it didn't get fixed.

I get 25-35 ping on the WANTED server and pretty much was #1 or #2 on each map. There are some good WANTED clan members - but a lot of shitty one too. Fun for a change - but there server has FF on and I am not used to that at all! I am a bit slow to fire as I figure out if it's an enemy - make you pay way more attention to your radar.

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 5 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been playing on a few different servers that I get a good ping on (through AT&T.) Kanker is nice to meet and play on but it is often full. I was also wondering if anyone has some other servers that they frequent and would recommend. Being a hack [knife] , player skill level doesn’t matter to me (I often get frustrated on servers filled with exceptional (read hobby-less or life-less) players,) I just want a place where I can kill people I know without having to fight for a slot.
Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny you should ask.

I didn't want to post anything yet - but in about a week we will have 680k down/680k up DSL and should be able to host a 14-18 player server. This assumes that Qwest dosen't drop the ball on the whole thing. I placed the order yesterday and now our DSL dosen't work at all, so they could already be trying to fuck us. [brd]

Yes, Kanker is always full and unless you play everyday it's hard to keep up with the hardcore CS players like Eric [Smile] that are Kanker regulars.

Crack_Dealer
Crack Whore
Member # 68

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Crack_Dealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pfaff, I've played a couple time on a server called House of Atreides. I think there ip address is 68.112.162.134:27016. Anyways it has been pretty fun. I've only been playing for a couple of days and I went something like 20 and 6 vs. Kanker where I go 2 and 50. [gun1] [shoot]

--------------------
"Rarely has it been so clear how much we, the ordinary people of this country, are better than our rulers. I hope that lesson is not lost on anyone, of any political persuasion."

Posts: 520 | From: Shakopee, MN USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005