Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Computer Forums » Computer Game Discussion » Console Commands????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Console Commands????
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can do the map vote, and can vote kick from here if somebody tells me the number. But thats the extent of what I can do from here.

Could you post a short list of commands to use here. I forgot how to change the cross-hair color for example. I don't know how to change my name during a game, Mic volume (in game)etc. etc??????? Any other usefull ones too.

[beer]

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To change your name, bring down your console and type 'name ****', where **** stands for your name, as long as it doesn't contain a space. If you wish to put a space in the middle of your name, then type EITHER 'name "**** ****"' OR 'name ****%****', where the % will add a space in that spot.

Basic console commands

listmaps: This will list all the maps in the order in which they are being played. If you cannot see past the top of the console, press the Page Up button.

listplayers: This will list all the players in the server.

quit/exit: Either command will exit the server and shut down Counter-Strike for you.

status: This command will let you see a little bit of information on the server and it's players. It'll include things such as their scores, WON IDs, and time on the server.

timeleft: This will show in your text chat how much time is left in the current map.

vote ****: This will allow you to vote for a person to be kicked off the server.

Type 'listplayers' in console, and type 'vote (player's number)' to cast a vote. Vote 0 (as well as some other variants) is a universal signal that there is a person away from their keyboard (AFK) at their spawn point. Sometimes it means that a person is camping.

votemap ****: This will cast your vote for a particular map. Type 'listmaps' in console, and type 'votemap ****', where **** is the value listed next to the map you wish to make a vote for.

You cannot change your volumne in the games as far as I know. The crosshairs can be adjusted from the GUI menu that is available. Make sure you have a key selected to make the GUI menu popup.

Basic key binding can be done like this-

In the console type:
bind s "say You are a fucking moron"

This would bind the key s to say you are a fucking moron everytime you press it.

I like to bind f1-f10 to things like this. I will try to find a list but here are a couple i remember. say_team will say to only member of your team.

[ 09-13-2002, 14:40: Message edited by: Klaus ]

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Klaus
How do you change the cross-hair color????

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I edited my last message to include that- it's from the GUI in game menu.
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once your in the GUI menu is it obvious how to change the xhair color????
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, being that it's a graphical menu you will be able to find your way around no problem. [Wink]
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 4 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
adjust_crosshair changes the cross hair color. There are only four different colors it can be so each time you type it changes to the next color. Type this to bind it to F12:

bind "F12" "adjust_crosshair"

then every time you press F12 it goes to the next color.

You can save a bunch of binds in a file and load it from the console by typing:

exec mymods.cfg

Create the file with notepad and save it in the cstrike folder inside your Half-Life folder.

There are a bunch of console commands listed here:

http://half-life.gamehelp.com/console/all.html

Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005