Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Computer Forums » Computer Game Discussion » Noncompliance CS server stats

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Noncompliance CS server stats
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be setting up the CS server this week assuming Qwest hooks everything up on time and sends me the new router...

I will also be installing psycho stats like Kanker has on the server. Hauser do you know much about the NT web server/IIS? We are running NT 4 on the server. The requirements are service pack 5 and perl installed. I might need help getting the server to post the stats to the web server. Psycho Stats

I will also be installing Admin Mod on the server so switching maps by vote and kicking players by vote is easier.

I can add statme if you guys want down the road.

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't install adminmod. But definetly install statsme. We should be able to RCON easily enough and be civil about it.

Adminmod everyone says has all kinds of security holes now. People have found ways to hack into it and fuck up peoples servers. Then again this is all just stuff i have read and heard.

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I have heard about all the issues with Admin mod, but am willing to take the risk because I like it. Stat me is actually a plug in of metamod that Adminmod is built on. The new version of Adminmod addresses alot of the problems. I can always remove it later.
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you post anything on Kanker??? We could be thier overflow server....be a good way to get some traffic. I'll go put something up and then you can post the IP when you are up and running.
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a good idea. We will see how things run and then maybe do some advertising. I am crossing my fingers that the server can run with 16 players - I would be ok with 14.
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dont post anything till its up and running great Chad.

Here is all the install stuff I think you should need Klaus

http://www.psychostats.com/psdocs/

I dont see NT4 stuff on it but I would think it should work just fine. 2000 and xp pro are on there. You are wanting it to auto ftp itself up to the site correct?

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, it will be complied and posted on the web server on the server (at home). The only connection to noncompliance.com will be a link to the stats off the home page.

I saw some NT 4 instructions on the psycho stats site and downloaded perl last night.

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay, let me know if you need help. I would be just reading the instructions the same as you. I have little knowledge about psycho stats itself but I am sure we can figure it out... You could always email Bruce. he has helped me with things in the past and is quite knowledgable.

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 8 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did post something just to start gathering oppinion.

There is really no reason to wait mike.

Klaus will just post the IP as soon as he is comfortable.

What is sad is that i will probably get better ping on kanker (fuck Qworst).

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

I have quite a bit of info on IIS for Win2000, shoulnt be much different on NT4 at the higher builds (SP5 and such). I'll bring the literature over and help out in setting it up some night if you wish klaus.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
US Internet is the ISP. And yes fuck Qwest! [brd]

I just called to check on the status of my order. Everything is going ok.... the line will be uncapped tomorrow just like they said. One little problem, they lost the order for my new router - so when the new speed is turned on tommorrow the old router will stop working and I will have nothing [shake] I asked them to overnight the router and they are checkin on it but said something about UPS.... Whatever, I see some free DSL service out of this..

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Allthough i could just play from work. I have Qwest Buisiness DSL and thus Qwest as an ISP so i should get very good ping if playing from work.

Having frontier at home i route through chicago for everything so i may get up into the 70-100 range for ping [finger] [shake] [finger]

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

No whining... Come try to play out at my house heh.

--------------------

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice post on Kanker Chad. Very tasteful. I doubt Eric will get admin though...... j/k

Yeah any help would be appreciated. Thanks I might give it a try on Thursday night if the router shows up.
quote:
The boys over at NonCompliance (you all may know us as [4x4]) are starting up their server again. Klaus is the Admin. They will now have capability for 14-18 players (some experimentation needs to be done to find a good, playable max capacity). They ran a server for over a year a while back and it was a great place to play. They will be installing psychostats and statsme, play and rules will be very similar to kanker.

By no means are we trying to lure away players from Kanker but everone knows how hard it can be to get onto kanker so it might be nice to have this as a backup or overflow server, it certanly will be nice for us 4x4 guys. All 4x4 guys and one tratior 4x4 who now plays for VvV (and will remain nameless, *cough*-Boon-*cough*cough*-docksaint j/k) will have admin capability and so the server should be very well monitored.

Klaus will post the IP soon. He is still in the stages of setting up the server but we just wanted to let all you guys know.

[ 08-20-2002, 14:32: Message edited by: Klaus ]

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Server is on hold until Qwest does some testing to determine why our upload speed is stuck at 192kbs. It's possible that our line can't handle the high speed upload... Strange because the qwest person shows we have plenty of signal and our download speed is over 700kbs.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh holy shit, they did something..... I am now reading 640 down 640 up [Smile]

I guess the server might be a go after all. I will work on it next Tuesday.

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to try and set up at least the server part of the CS server tonight after work. Chad will you be around to try connecting when I am ready?

I was thinking a pretty simple map rotation for now, something like Aztec, Dust2, Assault usp, Inferno, Train. Any suggestions?

Let’s not advertise the server until it has been up for a week or so as a public server. I want to see where the max players should be set at. The last thing we need is a bunch of Kanker players connecting and it being all laggy because I have it set too high.

I was thinking 14 players at first.
Friendly fire off.
20 Minute map rotation.
60 percent vote kick and vote map.
Map voting at the end of each round.

I will be emailing out txt files allowing admin functions. Chad please don't abuse admin. [Razz]

Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pick a few maps that arn't on Kanker. And for GODS SAKE, LEAVE OUT Piranes (Its not even spelled correct, if it references what I think it does) That map ALWAYS lags on me, constantly.

What about Thunder??? (isn't that the one at the DAM????)

Did you ever play Roman??? That was a custom.

I liked Siege & Vegas

I know some people don't like it, but I thought Storm was a great map when you had a lot of people.

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Yeah, I was thinking some variety too. The nice thing will be the ability to change the map using the on screen voting system. The only reason I picked the popular maps at first is to attract traffic.

Anyone like Havana? I think it's quick and the CT's have the advantage unlike assault. FYI - I like Piranes, but yes it is laggy.

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 11 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maps i like:

Torn
Inferno
Storm
Survior
Office
Dust
Dust2
assault_upc
Cobble
Italy
Havana
BackAlley
Vertigo

The rats and jeepathon maps are fun too but some can be very lopsided.

The rest of the maps out there i hate.

Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the layout on Pyrenees. But that map for some reason totally lags out my computer. And I know its the map and not the connection cause it doesn't continue after the map changes. On that map whenever I'm grouped with other people, or pull the trigger, it laggs, so basically I get fucked every time. [weep]

[ 09-03-2002, 16:11: Message edited by: Jomama ]

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you should focus on Noncompliance server as a fun alternative to Kanker and play more maps that Kanker does NOT have. Here's my vote:

THUNDER (Yes the one with the Damn Dam)
VEGAS
JEEPATHON (Ban the awp if you can, it's a fun ass map I think)
BACKALLEY
PRODIGY
TORN
STORM
ROTTERDAM
NUKE
SURVIVOR

etc etc. If you're making map voting available, might as well have a lot of maps. NO SIEGE, MILITIA OR ASSAULT. I HATE those maps when you get the pussy ass stacking awpers. I get too frustrated and just want to leave.

Since they're very balance, and not too "awpy" (is that a word?) we could use ITALY and OFFICE.

I'll be on tonight, call me if you need some players. [shoot] Bring it on suckas...

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

For god's sake dont put backalley on the rotation. That's like having VIP maps on the rotation. EVERYONE LEAVES.

Nuke is a very fun map that isnt played much in non league play.

Survivor is great
dust 2
italy
Torn

all great maps...

--------------------

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

BACKALLEY RULES!!! That's oldschool counterstrike. The kind of games that were played when counterstrike was just a unknown twinkle in your eye hauser. Close quarters blast away stuff, it's great!
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come'on SIEGE aint bad. I think its tactically interesting (your supposed to camp basically) and I've never seen it weighted one way or the other consistently. Team stacking (and group AWP'ing)is always gonna make for a gay, one-sided game....

Same with Assault. But I've only played on custom Assault that I REALLY liked and I think it was called Assault_02 or Assault_2002

Jomama
Member # 56

Will you post the IP when you get it up so I can add it without trying to UPDATE and find you. Preferably tonight if you get it going, and I'll try and connect.

[beer]

BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it just me or does this page not work?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

What page are you referring to?

--------------------

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Could you be more specific? Which "page"?
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

http://216.17.85.44/index.html

Seems to be working.

BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 13 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Page cannot be displayed. [Frown]

--------------------
 -

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Hmm, try a different computer once. I have been able to view it from home and here at work. Maybe its a security setting in your browser. It's just the same page as Kankers stats, except one version newer.

Anyone else having problems with the stats page?

BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Ah, nevermind.

I had to take out the exceptions in my proxy server. Worked fine.

Thanks

--------------------
 -

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005