Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Computer Forums » Computer Game Discussion » DC Servers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DC Servers
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone play lately.

I found a good one in Seattle that I've been playing at a lot. Appears they have a nice server(currently planned for a upgrade as well), and their server host is on a really nice connection. Website states server host has in the realm of 3Gbps, which is limited by the servers network card of 100Mps. I ping like 50-60 most avg.

Anyway, they actively admin the server most the time. There are quite a few regulars, along with the host gang [CSM], all a bit older, more mature players who want to play the game, as a team. F-Tards get banned quickly. Unique to this server is one main rule. No attacking Uncapturable Flags.... period (exception, if someone is shooting arty from inside the uncap, you can take out arty and then are expected to leave uncap directly, or in maps where the objective is the uncap, bunkers, NFZ2). Really prolongs the battle A LOT I must say, and its nice not being strafed right off the bat, and having a chance to spawn and get out to the battle without some asshole sniping spawn all round.

Klaus you should get on once just to see what you ping, and play with these seattle monkeys at
http://www.cracksmokingmonkeys.net/

[beer]

[ 03-01-2004, 13:42: Message edited by: Jomama ]

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will try to jump on tonight see if I get some decent ping.

I do however prefer the "all flags must be captured before attacking the main base" over "main base can never be attacked"... Just because most main bases have awesome defense if used correctly so there shouldnt be an issue.

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm guessing they went for the sticter rule to ease the admining. Less gray area. I see your point, and that does work when people play by the rules.

But whats amazing is the sheer number of complete assholes out there whose only enjoyment is to attack the uncap, they don't play as a team, dont even try to obtain objective, and just head for the uncap round after round. I've been on servers where right from the get-go your being hammered at the uncap (lets say all other flags are capped as well)....and u essentially have no chance to fight back, while this may be "part of the game" I don't think anyone can argue that this is "fun".... being on the recieving end. The no uncap attack really does prolong the battle, and the fun for that matter.

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just jumped on - got a 63 ping which is pretty decent for that far away. Let me know when you jump on next time using MSN and I will meet you and add you to my buddies.
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Damn thats cool, same ping I get. I'm sure I'll be on tonight for a while, there website has a page to check who's on the server as well. Be nice to get you in the friends list. What I don't understand about the BF friends is you cant filter to servers that have your friends currently playing like steam. So there doesn't seem to be a point to it other than once your on the same server.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am jumping on now Joe if you see this - should be on for an hour or so.
Jomama
Member # 56

I almost missed you, saw you on there, but that server is full alot so it took me a while to get on. [beer]

Better teamplay than most huh? Very kanker-esq once you've been there a bit.

The map rotation is kinda limited, [Frown] but they'll add pacific maps back once they fix the lag bug w/the new carrier and Linux servers.

[ 03-10-2004, 01:52: Message edited by: Jomama ]

BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just getting back into the online world and holy shit is DC a cool game.

Of course I can't fly a helicoptor to save my ass, and every time I jump in one there's some pissed off people yelling at me..but it sure is fun.

Anyway, I play on the DC server every now and then, but I've been playing hours and hours of NHL 2004...the game is incredible.

So, if you see me on there...don't jump in a helicoptor with me...she's goin' down! [lol]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fuck the helicopters! No kidding I can fly them like a pro now. Just fly them from inside not 3rd person - the best advice Joe every gave me. And remember every action needs an opposite action to stop it. So after you take off tap forward until the heli tips toward the ground then pull back to stop it from going all the way over. Twist to spin (I wouldn't even mess with right and left banking at first) and constantly adjust the throttle - dosen't take long to master.

Battlefield Vietnam is out on Monday! [beer]

Jomama
Member # 56

RE: Helo's

Smooth and steady motions & countermotions are esential as well, especially once your trying to hover and give the gunner a stable shooting platform. Basically you use the joystick to balance the helo, and keep it upright (on the appropriate axis)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005