Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Computer Forums » Computer Game Discussion » Condition Zero

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Condition Zero
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CS:CZ is now being downloaded through Steam when you log on. You can pay the $29 and it will be active I think next week 3/23. Looks like alot better graphics and the maps are nice.... But it's the same as 1.6 I think.
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got it today for $29 at Best Buy. Overall, it's probably not worth the money. If I had a choice between BFV and CZ - I would pick BFV by a long shot. Basically, all CZ is - is single player CS 1.6 with bots. The textures are a bit better and the maps have been dressed up a bit, but that's all. There are three parts to CZ:

1)Multiplayer 1.6 (we already have this)

2)CZ single player - a collection of missions on all the maps we already play on. Missions being - "kill three terrorists before they bomb the bomb site" or "rescue the hostages in 3 min". You keep playing the map until you pass all the missions.

3) CZ Deleted scenes - this is a mission based single player game. Pretty cool actually. The first one is a black hawk down type mission. You crash land and have to fight many many terrorists coming at you with knifes and pistols etc. New maps and better graphics. If it wasn't for this part of the game I would have been pissed about the $30 I spent.

I think Valve pulled a bit of a bait and switch on us. This game was supposed to be "all new" with different groups (remember the american milita picture of the guys with camo and masks on) This game is nothing more that a slightly improved CS 1.6 with bots. BTW- the bots are pretty smart.

You do get a CDROM with cut scenes from Half Life 2 if you buy the retail version of CZ. If HL2 is half as cool as the cut scenes make it look I will forgive Value for this $30 donation of a game......

2 of 5

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005