Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Computer Forums » Computer Game Discussion » Half Life 2 - Cut Scenes!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Half Life 2 - Cut Scenes!
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try to download the following file

http://24.245.29.59/hl2.exe

Rightclick and do save as.

Let me know if it works

[ 03-26-2004, 07:02: Message edited by: Klaus ]

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, not from work at least.

Got:

Internet Explorer cannot download hl2.exe from 24,...

Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cant be found. Please try again later...

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, try again. I moved the file - I think it was in the wrong directory.
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Started to work there, but was going to be in excess of 20mins so I'll do it from home.

Pie-rat copy of H.L. two?

[ 03-25-2004, 19:18: Message edited by: Jomama ]

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a small one.

http://24.245.29.59/Docks.exe

HL2 videos that came with Condition Zero. FUCKING INCREDABLE!!!!!!! This is going to be the best game ever. The physics are real world.

There are about 10 videos on the disk - I will post them all tomorrow.

Jomama
Member # 56

WOW, the big first one is just crazy. The physics blow me away like you said.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are a few more. These are hosted on my home PC so it's a slow download.

http://24.245.29.59/Striders.exe 46mb
http://24.245.29.59/Barricade.exe 44mb
http://24.245.29.59/Bugbait.exe 51mb
http://24.245.29.59/Lab.exe 25mb

Jomama
Member # 56

This is kinda interesting http://www.forumplanet.com/planethalflife/topic.asp?fid=6549&tid=1352802
I don't know much about all this as I wasn't really gaming back then. I only played TFC with you guys, and Klaus gave me HL but I only played a few levels of the SinglePlayer, and I cant for the life of me remember it making a impression of it being a revolutionary game, so some of that hype around HL I've never really understood. (Don't get me wrong, graphics were better than doom and Nuke'm, but all games to me have appeared to be a gradual progression, not huge leaps)

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jomama:
This is kinda interesting http://www.forumplanet .com/planethalflife/topic.asp?fid=6549&tid=1352802
I don't know much about all this as I wasn't really gaming back then. I only played TFC with you guys, and Klaus gave me HL but I only played a few levels of the SinglePlayer, and I cant for the life of me remember it making a impression of it being a revolutionary game, so some of that hype around HL I've never really understood. (Don't get me wrong, graphics were better than doom and Nuke'm, but all games to me have appeared to be a gradual progression, not huge leaps)

Boy that guy seems to nail what the remedial user/player has sensed over the last couple years begining with the anouncement of CS:CZ and the introduction of steam. I agree with him, fuck valve and all their bullshit. At least blizzard is honest and realistic about thier release dates and development progress. And they are no supersar company on following through with thier promises. I never thought I would actually see the day when EAGames has surpased almost all others in game quality, support, logistics, and comunication with the comunity. But alas that day has come. And look at all the anoying bugs in BFV.

HL was quite the revolutionary game. It took storyline and overall game play in both single and multiplayer to a new level far above anything that had come out to date. People loved first person shooters from the time of doom and quake but it was mostly just level 1 kill monsters, level 2 kill monsters get new guns, level 3 kill monsters get even more guns. HL added a truly intreging story and the game play was spectacular. When HL came out there was no FPS game at the time that was near it in these categories. It spawned an era of games like HALO, Deus Ex, Unreal, and countless other sub par FPS games. Not to mention the impact the mods had. Being that the game was "modable and valve actually supported the "moders" games the players were able to build their idea of the perfect online multiplayer first person shooters. Like TFC and CS obviously. Those mods gave rise to games like BF1942 and changed the gameplay in games like Quake III and Unreal tournament.

It was basically the "Matrix" of FPS games. Is matrix the greatest movie of all time? No. But you can see its influence in many of the action and sci-fi movies since it came out.

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well put, Chad.

I started on Counter Strike. That was the first FPS that I played. Obviously I loved it, and was amazed to hear the backstory of how the game came to be. I mean I started back on Beta 4 or whatever, so HL was still rocking on the shelves, and Counter Strike wasn't a $20 "mod"...it was just a great idea that thousands of people were playing and it blossomed.

Without HL there would've been no CS.

Anyway, after hearing the story of Gooseman and watching this game grow up I decided it was finally time to play the original. So I loaded up HL and started playing.

At first, I was a little disappointed. It didn't seem like this huge deal, and I got a little bored right away. But then, as the story progressed and I discovered that the most addictive part of the game isn't just the action and shoot-em up aspect, it was the story.

That's what got me to finish it. And Opposing Force, and Blue Shift. The story was compelling, and you really wanted to finish the game, for Gordon's sake. [lol] [lol]

Anyway, yes, now games absolutely blow HL out of the water as far as graphics, gameplay and story go, but it was HL that started it all baby...

I cannot wait to play HL 2... [notworthy] [Cool] [sex]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think it will make it's 8/26 release date? I hope so.......
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it won't be out until Christmas I believe...

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I've read recently speculates an early September release - nothing comfirmed, just best guesses...
Posts: 559 | From: Blaine, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UBgames which I find to be the most accurate - is saying 9/1 shipping. Although they said it was shipping last November so who knows.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005