Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Computer Forums » Computer Game Discussion » Far Cry

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Far Cry
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it's another 1st person shooter...

Reminds me of Duke Nukem meets BFV. It's modern day weapons in a jungle island setting. You play as Jack Carver an ex-marine that is now living on some small islands in the south pacific. Mercenaries have taken over some of the islands and that's where most of the game takes place.

Game play is pretty good, you get to drive vehicles like 1942 and shot at the same time which makes single player more fun.

Graphics are well, incredable to say the least. I can't even play at the 2nd to top setting (medium-good-very good). I tried everything maxed out and it looked awesome but too much studdering to really play that way. I went with medium and it still looks better then BFV. The water effects are at the very high settings when you choose medium (there is a lot of water in this game) and looks great.

Weapons are the regular mix of desert eagle - M16 - MP5 - rocket launcher - a bunch of sniper type auto weapons. There are fixed machine guns around and on most jeeps and patrol boats.

Single player story is good so far. Reminds me of Half Life. The AI of the mercenaries is very good and you have to be careful to not alert anyone in a group or they will all coordinate an attack on you. Sometimes stealth is called for and the shooting can be tough at times also with so many targets shooting at you.

Multiplayer is very cool if you like death match type stuff. Took awhile to find a server that I pinged under 100 on. A lot were listed as 80-60 but once I joined I was in the 200-300 range. I finally found a 40 ping server and went 50-10 after about 30 minutes of playing. Very fun - all the maps are in a small island or jungle setting. Looks like there is team death match and assault (like CS), but I haven't tried them yet.

Overall -
Gameplay 4 of 5
Graphics - 5 of 5

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few screen shots I took. (everything set to medium)

-
 -
 -
 -

[ 05-09-2004, 09:38: Message edited by: Klaus ]

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Demo is available, but it's 450mb!

I downloaded it, and the playable level is actually really fun. And looooong.

Klaus, let me know when you're done with it. And where's HALO!?? [Wink]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can give you Halo and the Sopranos tonight. I was pretty addicted to Far Cry multiplayer all weekend, I will see how long it holds my attention.
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 11 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the national average, it should hold it for about 10 more minutes. [Wink]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005