Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Computer Forums » Computer Game Discussion » Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today is the day. Called the best PS2 game ever. Sorry Eric won't be on Xbox for 8 months [Frown]

Mike I am sure you will love this game - a couple of callers on the radio this morning said in the first part of the game you get to run around and smack drug dealers in the head with a shovel.

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I still don't understand about these GTA games is why they don't improve the shooting mode.

I mean, the driving is excellent, the story is excellent, but the second you whip the gun out and try and aim at someone (I think) it sucks. Why not first person mode with the weapons?

Anyway, don't worry Klaus, I'll be picking this one up as soon as I can scrounge the cash. [Wink] [gun1]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I completely agree - the 3rd person shooting sucks. I think they have dumbed down the people shooting at you to the point where you can actually use the controls to aim at them. [gun1]

Maybe they changed the controls this time around (but I doubt it).

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can just see Mikey doing a drive-by on his tricked out bicycle... [lol]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They had a deal on the game at Best Buy today - if you buy it you get a PS2 "greatest hit" title for $5.99.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't gotten very far into the game yet but it seems cool. Setting is the early 90's. Music is great and there is more swearing then any video game to date. The first few missions are on bike - at first it's tough to control but once you figure it out it's fun. As always you can do missions or just go anywhere you want and steal cars/kill homies/mess with pimps or hookers.

Controls are the same as before - with the goofy camera angles. Have shot anything yet.

Expect this game to be banned within a month. [fight]

BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Wait, didn't you play Max Payne 2? That game had more cursing than I thought was possible...

--------------------
 -

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005