Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Computer Forums » Computer Game Discussion » Steam Friends

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Steam Friends
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First I will also say I have been having Intermitent Problems with the Friends Network on steam....

Beyond that it works good and seems to get a kickstart when you are playing a game.

I would like to have an easier time finding one another. So Make sure you have your first and last name as well as e-mail address on your steam account.

I added my last name

RockLobster
Chad
Martin
rocklobster@frontiernet.net

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like the friends network is down right now.

--------------------
It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's kind of glitchy at times. They do need to fix it so it's more stable like MSN.
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know we don't really use it anymore but while everyone is signing up with steam etc - it might help if everyone puts [4x4] in front of their nickname (not in game name). That way when you do a search in "add a friend" put [4x4] and everyone will come up.
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ender
Littlehead
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Already had it that way. My nick is [4x4]Ender. Ive been able to add Klaus and Chadwick, but there are way too many Mikeys and Jomamas.

Of course, you have to be able to logon to the stupid friends network in the first place, which it doesnt let you do 80% of the time. [Roll Eyes]

[ 11-18-2004, 15:19: Message edited by: Ender ]

--------------------
It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Posts: 1053 | From: Apple Valley, MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get nothing when I search [4x4] in friends.

You can add friends via email account too.

Jomama924@hotmail.com

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friends is fucked at the moment - I was trying to add Ryan earlier and it came up with nothing for his/email/name etc. Try again later.
Jomama
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya, it would search 4x4 without brackets and get a bunch of results. But no results initially with [4x4] in brackets.
Now it worked, so I added ender.

Whats Ryans info klaus??

Posts: 2469 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomama
Member # 56

LMAO... so true

-

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005