Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » Computer Forums » Computer Game Discussion » Vampire bloodlines

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vampire bloodlines
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read through a couple reviews of this game and most are saying it is the best RPG of the year. Mix that with the source graphics and it looks to be a winner. Now if they would just let you have cs source with it... [Mad]

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buy HL2 you pussy. The game is great! I got home at 9pm last night and didnt get to bed until 1am because of it. [sleep]
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, what's your deal Hauser? $50 is worth it just for CSS..... You don't have to even play HL2 (althought once you do - you will be hooked).

The screen shots look awesome of bloodlines - I will probably get it eventully.

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bloodlines is getting reviews equal to HL2, it's just more of an RPG than shooter.
Counter Strike can suck my balls...

Posts: 559 | From: Blaine, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hauserdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$50 bucks is definately worth it I just can't swing $100 bucks for both right now. On another note, I did swing $50 bucks for diapers this week [fight]

--------------------
Gisel, I was looking at the picture page and I do have to admit, you look pretty good for a gaming female. Having said that, don't expect any sympathy when we meet on the battlefield. I am a fighter first, lover second.

Posts: 2220 | From: Prescott, WI, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Cremator, give us a review of this!!!

--------------------

Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I'll start by being upfront about my bias: I love RPGs and have yet to dislike a Troika release.
Well, I was hooked by this one right off the bat as the Tutorial character "Jack", though cliched, was thoroughly entertaining. I'm not a huge vampire (or VtM) fan, but this game is cool. Left mouse is punch/weapon, right mouse is a vampire power. Each of the 7 vampire clans have different powers (though some do cross over, each does have a unique power set) with 5 levels each.
I'm about halfway thru the second city (of 5) and the characters you can talk to are excellent. They really use the facial features to thier full extent (as does HL2 I'm sure). The physics engine has just been eye candy so far as I haven't had to use it for puzzle solving yet.
The in-game options are dissappointing as "jaggies" are rampant, but there is no AA setting available. i tried to force 2x and 2xQ AA through the drivers, but that fucked the game up. I can run at 1024x768 with little slow down and all the settings at Max. I have had several CTDs and one reboot which killed the last save game so bad that I couldn't even use the Load Game option until I had started a New Game. That was the worst, but it does auto-save very frequently.

Overall I love the game and have been playing it obsessively since I bought it.

Posts: 559 | From: Blaine, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinking about picking this one up.

Is it online or strictly single player?

I'm also planning on picking up Sid Meier's Pirates! So watch for a review...

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No online, strickly single player. Now that it's been patched, it's very stable (no more CTDs).
Haven't solved it yet, but I do have three different characters made that I play because there are variations to solving the quests/puzzles depending on what clan you are...

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BoondockSaint:
Thinking about picking this one up.

Is it online or strictly single player?

I'm also planning on picking up Sid Meier's Pirates! So watch for a review...

What, you don't think you spend enough time at WoW? [Wink]
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know...too many good damn games... [Wink]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chadwick:
What, you don't think you spend enough time at WoW? [Wink]

You're one to talk...you've almost caught me! [Wink]

--------------------
 -

RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Exactly my point. I spend FAR to much time on THIS game if i were to start playing other games too I would be dumped and fired. [Razz] (Not necessarily in that order) You've also got another character over lvl 10 though too, right? Probably why I am catching you.
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boon's GF works nights...... That's why when he puts his mind to it he can power level a guy. I have enough to worry about with Klauso and keeping up with the rest bonus... [Smile]
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

Boon, did you buy this? Cremator, did you finish this game yet? Can I get some more review from you? [Wink]

--------------------

BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 9 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny you should ask, I just got outbid on one on EBay that I was going to buy for $15... [Wink]

Cremator, make some copies man! [Smile]

BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Ha, just won it on Ebay for $6 (with $7 shipping!).

Will let you know how it is.

Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

I've actually been on hiatus from playing because I installed clone cd and now the game won't run with it installed. Once I uninstall, I'll definitely start up again - I just finished Chinatown and was on my way to the Giovanni mansion.
Now maybe if you boys would switch back to playing Magic instead of poker, I'd show up once in a while bearing gifts...

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

I think my magic cards have not seen the light of day in at least a full year now [Frown] Too many toys/games/gadgets to keep up with [Smile]

--------------------

BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hauserdaddy:
...Too many toys/games/gadgets to keep up with [Smile]

LOL

Notice he didn't mention the two kids? [Wink]

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sure we will get a few games in between shooting each other at the cabin.....
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

I borrowed Luke's copy and played for a couple hours.. I LOVE this game. I have one more quest to finish in Santa Monica. I made a brujah and have had zero problems with any of the quests so far. I hope it gets harder [Smile] I am pretty meticulious about talking to everybody so I think I got all of the quests/side quests. I have to say that the Ocean House quest is seriously the scariest moment in the history of video games for me. I was playing at 1AM in my basement with all of the lights off and my heart was racing pretty fast. Scared the bejeezus out of myself. [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Ever played Doom3? Now that's scary.
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

[lol]

Went to install the game and it turns out that it's a defective CD. [lol]

That'll teach me to buy something from an auctioneer that states: "All sales are final! No returns! Items are sold as-is and may not function correctly!"

Why wouldn't eBay crack down on a seller that does this? I could go on there and sell broken stuff all day long! [Wink]

Luckily, the box has a half ripped off Best Buy label, and the 4 disc CD set has a soundtrack CD that you could only get if you bought the game from Best Buy. Think I'll try returning it and tell them it doesn't work.

--------------------
 -

BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Hauser, 2 things:

1. Do you have the original box that you bought the game in?

2. If not, are you done with the game so I can borrow it and play it someday?

3. You done with your PSP? I want to play Metal Gear Acid again! [Wink]

--------------------
 -

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

LOL I have Luke's Vampire bloodlines. I am not done with it but I doubt Ill have much time to plug through it so yeah, you can borrow it next time I see you. If you want, I can rent you my PSP so you can finish Metal Gear Acid [Wink] Ill borrow that also on the condition that if you decide to buy one, You buy mine from me hehe...

--------------------

BoondockSaint
Member # 67

You're pimping out your gear? [Razz]

No big deal, as I have a large group of games that I need to play, and with the summer I'm not playing as much as I normally do.

--------------------
 -

Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

I just cant see a time when I really need the PsP. It was kinda an impulse purchase so I wouldnt mind getting rid of it. Keeping it is okay also [Smile]

--------------------

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Best time to use it is while taking a shit [Smile]
Hauserdaddy
Administrator
Member # 50

I agree with you. I really want them to release some more interesting games [Wink] Their FPS coded arms comes out in a couple weeks which should keep me busy but nothing else is coming out for a while [Smile]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005