Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » 4x4 Forums » Offroad Discussion » Black Hills Article

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Black Hills Article
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 14 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.izook.com/trails/dakota/dakota1.htm

Great black hills article about Hangman, Hal Johns, and Twisted.

Now i can't wait to go again. And its not even christmas yet.

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larry
Member # 41

Icon 13 posted      Profile for larry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this ia a article planted by the suzuki people dont read......
Posts: 88 | From: North Idaho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larry
Member # 41

Icon 8 posted      Profile for larry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
STOP its a trap......
Posts: 88 | From: North Idaho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 12 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
H A N G M A N ! !

Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 6 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How's the 4runner larry???????
Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that trail cannot be as bad as it looked when we hiked back in there two years ago, but who cares, none of you guys would want to go there. its too tough.
Posts: 771 | From: Farmington | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 10 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch.

They must have paved it if skidzukies made it through.

Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larry
Member # 41

Icon 6 posted      Profile for larry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the 4 runner is a little dented from the 4th leg of hal johns that cramer and i ran....
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 6 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samurai's are the new wave boys get used to it....
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im glad you realize that. it is just another " wave " of shit.
Posts: 771 | From: Farmington | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ProfBooty
Administrator
Member # 21

Icon 6 posted      Profile for ProfBooty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too bad you got rid of the RX-7 or you could have a rotary-equipped Skidzuki of your own! I'm assuming from that article that's what he did. I don't think those things make much torque 'til you get the RPMs way up there. I think the VW diesel idea's much cooler not to mention fuel efficient. Nice article but I don't think I could've taken much more of that guy sucking his own dick about how well his truck-thing performed.
Posts: 402 | From: Mpls, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Thats true, he was a bit over bearing in that sence. But the expected audience is othe suzuki owners, so you can imagine he never worried much about being humble.

Yes he did transplant a 1.1L rotary out of an old 1st gen RX-7 (carburated) They do produce quite a bit of torque, and from what he says due to the large heavy flywheel he has no problem crawling at lower RPMS. I do belive he is very low geared though. If i where to do it i would use the 1300B (1.3L) fuel injected rotary to help with the off-camber high altitude problems he was having.

The main thing that makes it work is using the mazda 5speed which is designed to utilize the powerband of the rotary motor more effectivly.

But even all that said for this sport i wouls still much rather have the VW TDI if i were to go away from the suzuki powerplants.

Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 11 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It’s funny how he ranted up and down about how everyone was having so much trouble on the first two sections of Hal Johns, but didn’t have anything to say about sections 3-4 other than they did it in 40 minutes and only had to winch once. It doesn’t sound like the 4th section that Steve and Scott ran, especially since he mentioned the fourth section having a 15’ ledge to winch up. Maybe they renumbered the sections so everyone would “feel” better.

Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

WHO CARES????

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005