Noncompliance Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » 4x4 Forums » Offroad Discussion » Dresser Work Weekends

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dresser Work Weekends
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 5 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two work weekends left before the event.

I know this weekend (5/11-5/12) is Mother's Day, so a lot of people may not be staying all weekend, but I was wondering who is planning on being up there?

Also, who is planning on the weekend after (5/18-5/19)? I have a lot of projects in the works at my place so I might do the Friday/Saturday thing again both weekends - weather permitting.

Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As of now, 8 MAY 02, I WILL NOT be there. I have too many things at the shop to get done BEFORE I can go back. I do plan on being at Dresser the weekend of 17-18-19 MAY, rain or shine.

The hill needs work yet, along with the surrounding areas/challenges...Pico's plunge needs to have posts sank and the " plunge " dug back out..( all back-hoe work ). I have been trying to get a post hole auger arranged to be out there on the 18th so that we won't have to dig them, still working on that.

The other two hills after Nasty need serious help, we should look at those also, and get them in some form of destroyed, or impassable...

Posts: 771 | From: Farmington | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Cramer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK.

now things have changed.

I just got off the phone W/ Chad Parkos, he is bringing his bobcat with auger attachment up there, and said it is mine to use on saturday....

SOOOOOO,

I will be up there on friday, after work, and hopefully we can get all the mods to the hill taken care of.

Posts: 771 | From: Farmington | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 6 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not plan to be there this weekend unless i can get out of work friday night early enough to get up their for friday night. I plan on doing mother's day on saturday.

Work is crazy right now and i am going to have to work sundays just to be able to get the friday of memorial off.

Kelly's Graduation is saturday the 18th so that is out for me too.

I will try to be there either this friday and or next friday for the night if some work is going to happen on friday nights.

I can say i will be leaving work mid afternoon thursday (23rd) to head out and begin helping.

Hope this is ok.....

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will not be there this weekend.

I will be there the 5/18-5/19 weekend. Assuming that the grey trucks breaks get finished on the Friday I return, 5/17.

I will be arriving the 5/23 around 5pm for the event. Leaving Monday night or Tuesday if the event dosen't end until then.

Hey - Eric since you will be in Somerset this year (20 miles away) maybe you can come visit on Monday before you head home. Just an idea - the hill is going to be fuckin impassable this year. I see lots of broken red-necks this year.

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 4 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I JUST HEARD THE WHOLE EVEN HAS BEEN CANCELED. I HAVEN'T HEARD THE REASON (probably something due to all the development going on around Trollhaugen.)

SOOOOOO, THAT MEANS THAT THERE'S NO REASON TO GO TO THE WORK WEEKENDS.

[This message has been edited by P_McCracken (edited 05-08-2002).]

Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

Icon 6 posted      Profile for RockLobster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Chadwick (edited 05-08-2002).]

Posts: 2331 | From: Rosemount | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RockLobster
Rotor Head
Member # 45

I think tim is being a funnyman and him and cramer are trying to have a good laugh.
BoondockSaint
Member # 67

Icon 6 posted      Profile for BoondockSaint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait a minute, why am I in Somerset again?
Posts: 1845 | From: Chaska | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought you were going to X-Fest. Maybe I have bad information, sorry.
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larry
Member # 41

Icon 14 posted      Profile for larry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i want a eight foot drop off into a open end pit at teh entrance of picos plunge so your nose drops off and then your ass gets caught on the wall leaving a trade mark pico kiss on you rear quarters....some guy with 44s and a liter of jack in him outta really fuck his truck up...maybe even the camaro.....
Posts: 88 | From: North Idaho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 10 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No problem!

I think something like that can be engineered. We have enough lumber!

Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

quote:
Originally posted by Chadwick:
I do not plan to be there this weekend unless i can get out of work friday night early enough to get up their for friday night. I plan on doing mother's day on saturday.

Work is crazy right now and i am going to have to work sundays just to be able to get the friday of memorial off.

Kelly's Graduation is saturday the 18th so that is out for me too.

I will try to be there either this friday and or next friday for the night if some work is going to happen on friday nights.

I can say i will be leaving work mid afternoon thursday (23rd) to head out and begin helping.

Hope this is ok.....

nothing productive will be happening on friday nights, so DON'T BOTHER SHOWING UP!

Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 8 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dresser forcast:

Friday: Mostly sunny hi 60, lo 37
Saturday: Rain hi 58, lo 40
Sunday: Rain hi 57, lo 40

Posting God
Member # 20

Report 5/11-5/12 Work Weekend:

Turnout: myself, Steve C, Steve B, Scott B.

Saturday at Nasty there were tracks on the hill. It appeared that someone had driven around all the holes at the bottom to attempt some of the bigger logs just before the rocks. There were also signs of a lot of rain. There was minor erosion in parts of the hill but the largest sign was both holes at the bottom of the hill are FULL of water. The trail itself is very muddy.

We sank about 15 posts with help from a Bobcat and auger. We placed them near where the canopy sits to block traffic from entering that area. We also tried to block access to the hill from the side so that people must attempt the large holes at the bottom.

At Pico’s Plunge Steve removed a huge amount of sand from the hole and stirred up some of the rocks. We also sank posts here to funnel trucks over the rocks and moved two good-sized trees onto the trail.

After all the work we were considering a trail ride but by then the drizzle had turned into a full rain (and I think I saw a few flakes of snow…)

I think next weekend we should check out the pit and move a few bucket-loads of wood down there.

Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Thanks for the update - Tim. I hope to be there for at least Saturday next weekend.
Posting God
Member # 20

Dresser forcast (5/17-5/19):

Friday: Mostly cloudy - hi 52, lo 32 (burrr!)
Saturday: Showers - hi 47, lo 33 (The Winston @ Lowe's Motor Speedway @ 6:00 PM)
Sunday: Partly cloudy - hi 57, lo 38

Cramer
Poser
Member # 5

All I want to do is watch the winston..

The fucking weather channel is saying snow and rain with temps in the 40's on friday....on the cable version, but on line they have partly cloudy and 50???

WHAT THE FUCK????
FUCK THEM.

Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 14 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The weather's been upgraded to mostly sunny and in the mid-50's for the weekend.

That's quite a change from what they were guessing on Wednesday.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005